• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

We have one of the best left tackles in the league and we drafted a left tackle. It was literally the lowest position of need outside of QB. We already have two young first round choices on the o-line and Zion doesn't look as bad as QJ.

What does it matter if he can protect Justin Herbert? He is just going to be handing the ball off anyways

The 2000 Ravens don't win the Superbowl if they are paying Trent Dilfer like we are paying Justin Herbert. We are building this team like we can't find a competent QB instead of trying to make the QB play the best he can.
    Maybe they're hoping someone ridiculous drops to them in the fourth round. Draft rice and then another unheralded receiver. Wait until the entire draft is over before you throw in the towel.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

I am not happy right now simply because I don't agree with how they are building this offense. I am not giving up.

I think we can build a tough physical team that can run the ball in other ways. These guys so far seem like they are out to prove a point. The NFL is a bunch of pussies and we going OLD SCHOOL and going to run the damn ball and beat you the fuck up to the point of absurdity it almost feels like to me. Who the fuck is going to be our leading receiver? Josh Palmer with 55 catches for 700 yards and 3 TDS?
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

QJ ?

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

01) Chicago * QB Caleb Williams * looking forward to see how open he is to coaching and Keenan's mentoring
          02) Wash DC * QB Jayden Daniels * little bit of surprise given the RG3 precedent & the chatter/static coming out of media outlets
          03) Pats * QB Drake Maye * actually think Mayo 'n Maye is a decent pairing that could pay dividends.... post Jacoby Brissett
          04) Az * WR Marvin Harrison * don't think you can go wrong here, albeit will be watching Odunze as a compare
          05) LAC * OT Joe Alt * not excited, not overly impressed w/JH2, and don't like it when my HC is head of personnel
          06) Giants * WR Malik Nabers * wishing Daniel Jones well, and hope they can get him an Oline in front of him
          07) Tennessee * OT JC Latham * if he pans out, bless the Titans, coz would be grieving if he became a Bolt
          08) Atlanta * QB Michael Penix * high risk pick that could cost peoples their jobs, and thought he'd be better as a Raider
          09) Chicago * WR Rome Odunze * no Nabers for Caleb, albeit a guy that could turn out better for the all of 'em
          10) Minny * QB JJ McCarthy * sometimes it's best that prayers go unanswered, and they get to hold onto their draft capital here
          11) Jets * OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu * def a surprise that NY did the right thing here and go LT, and despite any ARod chatter to the contrary
          12) Denver * QB Bo Nix * prolly a bit of a longshot, but then again, why not....
          13) Vegas * TE Brock Bowers * the Jolt juju was too strong, and he overshot the mark, landing his guy just adjacent to his hometown
          14) Saints * RT Taliese Fuaga * these guys are known for making Oline a priority.... Trevor Penning makeup pick
          15) Indy * ED Laiatu Latu * bit of a surprise of him going before the both of Turner 'n Verse, and 'specially given how he fared against Fuaga @the SB
          16) Seattle * DT Byron Murphy * obviously peoples don't see him as quite Aaron Donald good, and.... wondering just how good he'll be
          17) Minny * ED Dallas Turner * not just another pretty face, albeit was it worth the draft capital to move up for Minny
          18) Cincy * OT Amarius Mims * risky gambit in my book, but sure passes the eye test, and is a need for Bengals
          19) Rams * ED Jared Verse * third in a series of edge defenders, and by some accounts, the best of the bunch
          20) Steelers * OT Troy Fautanu * some teams just make good picks, and this guy is no exception as he fits pretty much anywhere along the line
          21) Miami * ED Chop Robinson * thought he might make it to Philly, albeit apparently the Fins are full up @receiver for now
          22) Philly * CB Quinyon Mitchell * dude sure looks the part, albeit word was that this GM doesn't draft CB early.... until he does
          23) Jags * WR Brian Thomas Jr. * mixed feelings/reviews on this guy.... could really fill some vacancies here, or.... disappoint ala MW/QJ
          24) Lions * CB Terrion Arnold * outdid his counterpart Ga'Quincy, and we will see if deservedly so
          25) Pack * OT Jordan Morgan * this guy doesn't scream Green Bay to me, as thought DeJean would be the likely selection here
          26) Bucs * OC Graham Barton * 'nother guy that seemed destined for Dallas or Green Bay, but that sure seems like he could be a solid
          27) Az * DE Darius Robinson * could be a good end in a 3-4, and def has tantalizing talent
          28) KC * WR Xavier Worthy * can't say I'm overly concerned 'bout this guy nor Bowers going interdivision
          29) Dallas * OT Tyler Guyton * turns out I'm not the only guy who mighta had some reservations 'bout this guy
          30) Ravens * CB Nate Wiggins * undersized and perhaps underserving.... doesn't feel so much like a Ravens selection
          31) SF * Ricky Pearsall * these guys don't usually miss w/a pick like this.... could be another entertaining offensive asset for them
          32) Carolina * WR Xavier Leggette * oversized and talented, or not so much....
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Take 2.
            They have 105 and 110 in the 4th.
            They do need to get up jnto the 2nd twice today, though.
            The 2nd round is a defensive 1st round today.

Also. Money Smith made another observation…

”If Alt isn’t worth taking at 5 instead of a weapon, then why is it that every other freaking pick in the 1st round is an OT?!?!”
            I wanted Nabers but you can always get a competent WR, you can’t always get competent OTs.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

Um you mean you think you think they know where he is going to play even though reading their quotes last night make me think Harbaugh has gone senile!

They literally said Slater is locked in at LT and also that it is TBD. They also literally said Pipkins is still seen as a starter on this line.

They basically were just really happy and said a bunch of shit
              If you can't see that Alt is going to play after drafted 5 I don't know what to tell ya. He said he can play RT, has been working at it. Whether or not one of them switches to RT is irrelevent. They both are going to play. Pipkins if he isn't traded could.okay OG.

There is still "50's" football being played in the NFL and it works. Mahomes didn't have a stud receiver. He had Bust Toney, MVS, Bust Moore and a rookie 2nd rounder. They ran well and threw the ball like we will also do.

We need to stop crying because they didnt pick your guy or possition. They didn't pick mine either but I'm good with this pick. We need to fix the OL and they did.

It's only been one pick. 8 more...or so coming and FAs to be signed, UDFAs to be signed.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                SLAM DUNK!
                • Jun 2013
                • East County San Diego
                • Bolt fanatic
                • Send PM

But But But

I own Justin Herbert in dynasty fantasy football and his value is tanking!

Ill be ok, (but I will probably be crying for awhile still) just win some damn games!
                migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                  I would take C now not sure if JPJ medical is sound as he is falling but a C (Frazier) allow this OLine to gel next year and hold for a decade.

If not OL then Newton please.
                  That is a Super Bowl quality line for sure.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

How the guy who is bottom RT in league and never played LT as he cannot play that position is the best swing tackle in tje league?
                    Alt is our backup left tackle. As for Pips, there is no such thing as a backup RT in football.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2023
                      • Send PM

The more I look at who is right above us here, the more I think 3 WRs are going off the board fast.
                      BUF has to pic a WR here.
                      NE has literally nothing on offense. Nada. Zip. Who’s Maye going to throw too?
                      AZ This is where I think Newton goes off the board unfortunately.
                      WASH. Needs a true #1 receiver. Or a TE like Ja’Tavjon Sanders here!?!

LAC might have to take a WR cause they all are going off the board fast.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Frankly im surprised they picked Bowers with Fuaga right there for them at RT. TT never seems to do the right thing but ...Bowers will be good.
                        I really don’t think TT likes drafting OL high. He has to be forced to do it IMO.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                          The more I look at who is right above us here, the more I think 3 WRs are going off the board fast.
                          BUF has to pic a WR here.
                          NE has literally nothing on offense. Nada. Zip. Who’s Maye going to throw too?
                          AZ This is where I think Newton goes off the board unfortunately.
                          WASH. Needs a true #1 receiver. Or a TE like Ja’Tavjon Sanders here!?!

LAC might have to take a WR cause they all are going off the board fast.
                          Cooper Dejean it is then...

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X