Clear All
  • floydefisher
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • siberiacuse, ny
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
    I don’t wanna.
    This team has so many holes, almost any draft pick would help right about now.

Look on the bright side. This reduces the chance we get to see Herbert in a half body cast any time soon.
    sigpic

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Listen to Harbaugh's words from 7:40 to 8:30 in the video. He speaks highly of Pipkins, but I didn't interpret it as Pipkins is a starting guard at all. It was pure coach-speak. He said he would play five offensive tackles if he could. Lol. Later on he did say Pipkins is one of his five best linemen and he imagines there will be a spot for him as a starter, but I'm not sure I'm buying it. We'll see.

There will be a competition this summer, and perhaps Pipkins will get a shot to compete at guard. Or maybe Harbaugh was saying all of that in hopes he can get a draft pick for Pipkins. The only thing we do know right now is that Harbaugh and Hortiz selected their right tackle fifth overall, in spite of many here saying it wasn't necessary because Pipkins wasn't our worst offensive lineman and we were in desperate need of a weapon--especially with a generational talent like Malik Nabers sitting there.

In the end, Joe Alt is ours. Time to move forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWCe29wRLQg
      I would have LOVED for one of the journalists to have said "I call BS on that, coach!" Because... Come ON! <rolleyes>

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Let him and Salyer battle it out.
        Kind of creepy that I've never been as high on Salyer as most here, then Harbaugh comes along and I don't think they like him either...over weight etc...Salyer has some work to do before he earns a starting spot with these new coaches, assuming it ever happens...
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

It was a little puzzling cause I think Malik Nabers is the best prospect in the draft period. Elite talent like Jamar Chase Calvin Johnson Tyreke Hill. He’s gonna receive 1500 yds. Easy. And he can’t be guarded. The route running is speed and Power.

Basically I’ll sum it up like this it’s Tyreke Hill and Debo Samuel in one player.

That guy is gonna be a difficult cover for all corners. And he will put up numbers. Him with Herbert I saw a Super Bowl run.

Now to Alt protect the Quarterback protect the franchise. The reason I said he was gonna be the pick the coach speak protect the franchise that’s not code for we are drafting a Wide receiver. That would’ve been we want to give him some weapons.

Funny to say it I see this as a Detroit lions Model build up the trenches and get your skill players In rounds 2 and 3.

I just know it this draft will come down to Malik Nabers and And Joe Alt.

I do see Joe Alt as an Anthony Munoz and if you’re taking Joe Alt number 5 over Malik Nabers he better be Jonathan Ogden or Anthony Munoz. I asked yall a lot of times on here is he Jonathan Ogden nobody wanted to answer. Guys said he wasn’t Orlando Pace.

Im just a football contract guy. Spanos have been cheap. Can I see them letting Rashawn Slater go somewhere else and not pay him yes. Could I see them sliding Alt over to left tackle yes. Joe Alt will start at right tackle.

He looks like a pro bowler to me. All pro.

were the off set by Nabers character???? Maybe when Harbaugh had a guy like Aldon Smith who was checkered. So you never know.

Joe Alt seems like a character guy safest pick in the draft. I saw Bruce Matthews’s kid Jake Mattthews and I’m a USC guy so I heard all this hall of fame talk. Was he know. A starter and a good offensive tackle. So I can see Alt being that to.

it by far for sure was the safest pick in this draft. Nabers was the upside pick. Roll the dice cause he could be a hall of famer.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Alt had a difficult time getting up from the couch. Better hang on to Pipkins for insurance.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

And Chargers definitely draft Brandon Rice Jerry Rices son soon like in the 2nd round because he won’t be on the board for long.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Also this is a huge indictment on Quentin Johnston. We need to see huge improvement from him. Like Devante Adams improvement.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                  It was a little puzzling cause I think Malik Nabers is the best prospect in the draft period. Elite talent like Jamar Chase Calvin Johnson Tyreke Hill. He’s gonna receive 1500 yds. Easy. And he can’t be guarded. The route running is speed and Power.

Basically I’ll sum it up like this it’s Tyreke Hill and Debo Samuel in one player.

That guy is gonna be a difficult cover for all corners. And he will put up numbers. Him with Herbert I saw a Super Bowl run.

Now to Alt protect the Quarterback protect the franchise. The reason I said he was gonna be the pick the coach speak protect the franchise that’s not code for we are drafting a Wide receiver. That would’ve been we want to give him some weapons.

Funny to say it I see this as a Detroit lions Model build up the trenches and get your skill players In rounds 2 and 3.

I do see Joe Alt as an Anthony Munoz and if you’re taking Joe Alt number 5 over Malik Nabers he better be Jonathan Ogden or Anthony Munoz. I asked yall a lot of times on here is he Jonathan Ogden nobody wanted to answer. Guys said he wasn’t Orlando Pace.

Im just a football contract guy. Spanos have been cheap. Can I see them letting Rashawn Slater go somewhere else and not pay him yes. Could I see them sliding Alt over to left tackle yes. Joe Alt will start at right tackle.

were the off set by Nabers character???? Maybe when Harbaugh had a guy like Aldon Smith who was checkered. So you never know.

Joe Alt seems like a character guy safest pick in the draft. I saw Bruce Matthews’s kid Jake Mattthews and I’m a USC guy so I heard all this hall of fame talk. Was he know. A starter and a good offensive tackle. So I can see Alt being that to.

it by far for sure was the safest pick in this draft. Nabers was the upside pick. Roll the dice cause he could be a hall of famer.
                  Couple of points:

1). Disagree with the Spanos is cheap narrative. They have never been afraid to pay players. Overpay, even.

2). Personally I think Nabers will be a nice WR but not a guy that propels a team to greatness. Plus he has Daniel Jones throwing to him so don't expect greatness.

Nabers would have been a waste here anyway. Does he like to run block? Because that would have been his primary role here. Herbert's only going to be throwing 20-25 passes a game, his touches would have been limited here and I could see some drama emerging.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    1..welcome Joe.

2. Did anyone catch Jim mention that he sees Pipkins as one of their best 5 and anticipates him starting on the OL. And also says Atl is a OT. So does that mean Pipkins is a guard now?
                    Yea...that was weird...of course, maybe smoke to cover IOL picks we covet later...or a general pump up to all our olineman to keep competing if they wanna start and play...coachspeak in other words...

Harbaugh loves big, tackle sized guards...so who knows?
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

You did get an answer...several times. The answer is Joe Alt probably won't be better than two of the greatest offensive tackles in NFL history. Just like Malik Nabers probably won't be better than Jerry Rice and Randy Moss.

You may as well not draft anyone in the top ten if your approach is you have to get a prospect who will end up being one of the two greatest to ever play his position in NFL history.

With that in mind, the rumor that Malik Nabers is the greatest wide receiver prospect Joe Hortiz has ever seen sure doesn't seem to be true now. Lol.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Also this is a huge indictment on Quentin Johnston. We need to see huge improvement from him. Like Devante Adams improvement.
                        Don’t count on improvement on QJ.

I saw a chart which had a count of 1st round picks by position and whether they became studs or busts.

OL’s the safest bet. Almost all of them became pro bowlers.

WR was the worst. About half were busts.

From what I saw of QJ’s first season, he’s another flaming bust by the Telesco/Staley shitshow.

Of course there’s always exceptions. Fluker, was another flaming bust by Telesco.

I believe Alt is blue chip and can help transform the OL into an asset versus the liability it’s been since LT era. If Harbaugh can’t properly evaluate an OT prospect, then nobody can.

Comment

• Jrock1970
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2024
                          • Send PM

Wow...Leggette in 1st....7 WR in 1st....🤯

Comment

Working...
                          X