Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Bernie Kosar? When was Kosar ever mentioned in the same breath with Dan Marino? Surely you're not suggesting Rivers career equals kosar's. That would be very Dumb.
    yes my bad, I meant Vinnie Testaverde but blanked on his name. Similar career stats to Rivers 46,000 passing yards, 275 TDs, etc.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

opcorn:
      sigpic

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Good take as always Steve but we've basically been saying this exact same narrative for 8 years now. It's pointless.
        So I should make stuff up to feel like we have new things to complain about?

Just give up hope completely? (which this season might actually do).

Start rooting for another team? (I can"t, but maybe someone else can)

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Rivers is the new Keading...
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Is he clutch? Never was. Is he competent? That's the question now.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

We need a new clutch.

Comment

• buttkissdick
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2017
                • Send PM

I agree with BoltX about saying STeve is repeating excuses from the past 8 years & I also agree with Blueman saying we need a New Clutch and a maybe a New Car/Truck

New GM, New OL, new this, New that....Blah blah blah

The Chargers should hire the (Security) Pocket Pool endzone Wizard as the new QB....He's got huge hands an da great Football iQ...So his record say's

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by buttkissdick View Post
                  I agree with BoltX about saying STeve is repeating excuses from the past 8 years & I also agree with Blueman saying we need a New Clutch and a maybe a New Car/Truck

New GM, New OL, new this, New that....Blah blah blah

The Chargers should hire the (Security) Pocket Pool endzone Wizard as the new QB....He's got huge hands an da great Football iQ...So his record say's
                  I dont understand any of your posts. I have deleted your strange Oggis LT comments. Are you drunk? You admitted you were no longer a fan. So you're just trolling right?

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Rivers is the only reason this team can even sniff a winning season. This while anti rivers conversation is waaay premature and frankly insulting and intellectually lazy.

Rivers is by all expert opinions one of the near elite qbs ( many believe he would be elite if on a competent team, but hats neither here now there).

If rivers puts in a whole season of poor results then I'm ok with the conversation around if he is done but one game is lazy thinking and knee jerk reaction at it's best.

Its early and while we find ourselves in a hole, Rivers will be the reason we get out of it.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                      Rivers is the only reason this team can even sniff a winning season. This while anti rivers conversation is waaay premature and frankly insulting and intellectually lazy.

Rivers is by all expert opinions one of the near elite qbs ( many believe he would be elite if on a competent team, but hats neither here now there).

If rivers puts in a whole season of poor results then I'm ok with the conversation around if he is done but one game is lazy thinking and knee jerk reaction at it's best.

Its early and while we find ourselves in a hole, Rivers will be the reason we get out of it.
                      IMO. your 1st sentence is what is intellectually lazy. To keep dismissing season after season of non-winning records and no playoffs and never assigning any blame to Rivers is what ticks off a lot of people who used to believe in Rivers and been making comments about him not being clutch or elite. It all comes down to the W/L and the team is losing far more than it wins with Rivers as the leader on the field- and continually saying "where would we be WITHOUT RIVERS?" or "we always have our best chance to win with Rivers out there" completely misses (and deliberately avoids IMO) the point: lack of winning and so many Rivers mistakes costing games along the way for multiple seasons now. He's proven he can't carry the team to wins. Is he done? Who knows- but not many claiming that here at all. Is his heart in it in LA now or could he prosper on a better TEAM? All valid for discussion. In the end it comes down to scoreboard baby.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

What will help Rivers the most, is an effective running game. When John Elway won those 2 Super Bowls at the end of his career, Terrell Davis was the engine of that offense.
                        (and a lot of illegal cut blocking).

In some ways, Lynn is correct... this team does need to run the ball more effectively. However, they have been extremely inefficient doing so.

If the running game improves, I think we'll see Rivers improve. If the running game continues to be anemic, Rivers will continue to "feel shadows" and force things that aren't there.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• whookimane
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Forget clutch, Rivers isn't even good. Tank and get a qb in the draft that can actually move.. Time to root for loses to hope we can land lamar jackson

Comment

Working...
                          X