• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I hear Ragland ate most of Buffalo during his rehab from that serious knee injury. He showed up to camp way fat and out of shape. Then he could not play his way beyond 3rd string. Also, his skill set does not fit what the new coaching staff in Buffalo wants to run and he was considered an early down 'thumper' and nothing more. Too limited to play special teams (not fast/quick enough). Bills turning higher draft picks into future lower draft picks lately...reminds me of my stock market strategy!

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I would like to see the Chargers trade Inman for a 4th-5th round pick if they can get it. Charger depth at WR seems best it has ever been. Williams, Benjamin, Allen, G Davis, Williams (PUP), and a bunch of young guys who have flashed at times. I like Burse but the poor guy just keeps getting banged up.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        I would like to see the Chargers trade Inman for a 4th-5th round pick if they can get it. Charger depth at WR seems best it has ever been. Williams, Benjamin, Allen, G Davis, Williams (PUP), and a bunch of young guys who have flashed at times. I like Burse but the poor guy just keeps getting banged up.

TG
        hmmmm.....Allen hasn't been the most durable. Mike Williams is still a maybe and will be far behind in development. I don't feel comfortable with that move. I'd rather have him in the roster, at least until M Williams situation is more clear.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Another burnout from Bama...

Comment

• OhioBolt
            OhioBolt commented
            Editing a comment
            Bama doesn't have a good track record for O-line man or RB lately, I think they are system players, Fluker may get cut from the Giants trying him at guard and finding out what we already know not very good, I say the jury is out on their RB's they put out Mark Ingram to me is average, Trent Richardson, not even in the league, Lacy was just let go by Green Bay last year, and he may not even start for Seattle, then there is T J Yeldon, and Derrick Henry. Guys that are designed for College, but not so much for the Pros

• Boltjolt
            Boltjolt commented
            Editing a comment
            Henry did pretty well last season in his limited action. Yeldon hasnt done well but Jax has a bad OL and none of their RBs did worth a crap. But i agree with Bama offensive players. Hec defensive for that matter. Not too many great ones from there.
        • Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I think the day of the big slow guy on the OL is gone. OL need feet for pass protection rather than mass to move people in today's game. Defenses are putting smaller pass rushers over the guards, the OL has to be able to move.

Protecting the qb is more important than getting an extra ypc in the run game.
          Last edited by Formula 21; 08-29-2017, 11:11 AM.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Porterparty
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Another burnout from Bama...
            Maybe, but is he better than our number 7,8 or 9 OL. Bring him in for least amount possible and let him play Thursday.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
              I think the day of the big slow guy on the OL is gone. OL need feet for pass protection rather than mass to move people in today's game. Defenses are putting smaller pass rushers over the guards, the OL has to be able to move.

Protecting the qb is more important than getting an extra ypc in the run game.
              One of the reasons I think TENN is interesting, although I dislike Mularkey as a coach. I llike that they are zigging as everyone else is zaggin. Ball control and smash mouth with two big backs. Almost like the Nigerian Nightmare and Word in today's game vs small quick Dlineman. Control the clock and field position and limit the other teams touches. They are also killer efficient in the red zone because they can smash it in on the ground and it sets up many options because of that.

There are many ways to protect the QB. One of which is a great ground game.

Comment

• Big Dog
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

TJ Ward is on the trade block, Denver wouldn't likely trade him to a division rival but you never know depending upon what we offer them. Definitely an upgrade over Lowery ...

Anybody interested ?

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

One of the reasons I think TENN is interesting, although I dislike Mularkey as a coach. I llike that they are zigging as everyone else is zaggin. Ball control and smash mouth with two big backs. Almost like the Nigerian Nightmare and Word in today's game vs small quick Dlineman. Control the clock and field position and limit the other teams touches. They are also killer efficient in the red zone because they can smash it in on the ground and it sets up many options because of that.

There are many ways to protect the QB. One of which is a great ground game.
                  The thing that makes it work for the Titans is that they are getting guys who are not JUST big. The problem with implementing it ourselves is that there is and always will be a small supply of big powerful RB (pick the position) who can really play. To some degree, if you want big guys who can play, you might have to go out and develop them from scratch.

AS for the Ward thing, it depends on whether or not he really is going to be traded. Denver likes their young S, and they have a log jam. They will probably have to let Ward go in FA after the year, so the front office is trying to see if they can generate some interest. Given his salary, and the fact that almost all draft picks make a team, there is probably something real to this. It doesn't mean the coaches are in on it, because Ward is still a decent player. But they used draft picks on young players and they have played well so far in preseason, so I can't see them ditching the rookies. Ward would save them $4.5 mill vs the cap, but the bigger issues are that they get nothing if he walks next season, plus they would lack the roster spots to keep everyone.

Ward might be a good fit as an in the box SS, which is fortunately something our new D uses a lot of. He could also play LB in the nickel, like he does for Denver.

The guy I would like to see would be Ty Nsekhe from Washington. He is an overaged OT who is stuck in a low salary slot because it took so long for him to develop. But he is a much better OT than anyone we have, and the Redskins are sympathetic to his plight (or where under their last GM). They know he is their 5th best OL, but can't start because he can only play OT, and is stuck behind 2 better OT in Trent Williams (pro bowl LT, and Morgan Moses who is a similar player, but much younger).

Cyrus Koundjio is also at least as good as Barksdale, and better than Hairston. He is better in pass protection than Okung. He would need to come up witha decent explaination for why he was lost and naked in a field, which is why Buffalo got rid of him this season. But he does have a history with Lynn. He is just way behind in terms of learning the O, which is a big part of why he got cut in Det.

Neither of the OT is necessarily great, but they are better than Hairston and Barksdale, which is the point. And both are successful swing OT, and have looked good in the handful of games they have started. Both has also started enough so that teams have film on them, and they are sound enough that they didn't get victimized after it.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Haden was cut this morning

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
                      TJ Ward is on the trade block, Denver wouldn't likely trade him to a division rival but you never know depending upon what we offer them. Definitely an upgrade over Lowery ...

Anybody interested ?
                      No! He isn't a big upgrade and his base salary is 4.5 million. Hasn't played a preseason game because of a hamstring injury and is 30. Also is in the last year of his contact.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

TJ Ward could be had cheap. You don't trade a higher pick for a player who has a high cap number unless they are amazing, and Ward isn't.

The downside is that he is an in the box type of S, and we have a few of them already, plus they are easier to get in general. Not many teams use players like that, and colleges use them as LB replacements (or real LB), so there are lots of them around. Denver is just trying to get something in return, and if it was a low enough pick, then I would be OK with it. But it isn't a big deal either way.

The guy I wanted was Ahmad Brooks from the 49ers. I think we have talent in the young LB corp, but we could really use someone to set the edge and add some depth along the whole LB group. I think Brooks is a lot better than anyone else we are likely to get, and I think it would help the run D come together. I don't think the guy is as good a pass rusher as ESPN is making out (http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...b-ahmad-brooks) they keep calling him a pass rusher, which is a bit of an overstatement, but he is a good guy at setting the edge and in coverage, and he can get 6-8 sacks per year.
                        Last edited by Steve; 08-30-2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Highboltage
                          Highboltage commented
                          Editing a comment
                          A Jarret Johnson type?
                      Working...
                      X