• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

He's not going to clear waivers. Chargers should just claim him for a tryout, and might have a shot at him with their #7 priority.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

I stand corrected. The Pats moved back 8 spots to aquire Ealy. Pats 2nd for the Panthers 3rd. They didnt lose a pick. Just moved back 8 spots for nothing.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        I stand corrected. The Pats moved back 8 spots to aquire Ealy. Pats 2nd for the Panthers 3rd. They didnt lose a pick. Just moved back 8 spots for nothing.
        Still surprising to see the Pats give up on a player so quickly. He's not a great fit for our D but you can never have enough pass rushers.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Ealy cut. Couldn't even get someone to have them a late Rd pick.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Not too many teams will part with a draft pick this time of year. When cutdown day comes, there will be bunch of options for nothing.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Not too many teams will part with a draft pick this time of year. When cutdown day comes, there will be bunch of options for nothing.
              Well, if he was the pass rusher many here say he is, I believe teams would jump at a chance to add that valued positions as a young player for a late Rd pick. Once he became a FA u have to compete for his services. Trading via a late Rd pick and he is yours. IMO, the guy is either a complete locker room cancer, or he was the product of the system in Missou, and he really is not very good at all. Otherwise, none of this makes any sense.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/8/27...-and-kony-ealy

At this point, I am not against the idea of bringing in Ahmad Brooks at drop DE/OTTO/SAM LB and Ealy as another pass rusher/DE. For us, he actually might be most useful as an inside situational pass rusher. However, with McCain really taking a roster spot as a situational/developmental guy, do we have the roster spot to spend on it?

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I'd rather keep McCain, and I don't think we can keep both.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

McCain is lock imo.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

McCain was flying around on ST. While we have fewer LB this year to play on ST, McCain is a LB sized guy who can play on punt and kick coverage (and seems to have an aptitude for it). You frequently see 43 teams carry as many as 10 DL. The thing is if you carry 10 DL, what other positions are thinner? Can we still carry 3 QB? I don't think they have settled on any of this yet.

The good thing is that we basically play the same D we did last year, at least in how we utlitize personnel. Leo is the same position as our Will OLB was last year in the 34 and Otto is the same position as the SAM OLB. There are some differences, but if you can play in one D you can play in the other. It gives us some flexibility in how we can line people up. Ingram has played both SAM and WILL in our last D, and I saw McCain go in for Ingram last night as the Leo . Attaochu can too, as well as Emmanuel. The point is, if we can find the right body, we have some options.

Ahmad Brooks can too, since he played both OLB spots for the 49ers and was in the Bradley/seahawks scheme with former jags LB coach Robert Saleh. The only rumors I have heard of with Brooks are are Denver, KC and GB. KC is a little short on LB, but they really need a pass rusher, which isn't exactly Brooks' thing. denver is looking for depth and again, prefer guys who basically just pass rushers. GB is pretty much the same thing too, although Mathews can line up inside, so maybe he is a better fit there if Mathews moves to ILB again. Brooks is a decent pass rusher, but is more a jack of all trades type who is excellent at setting the edge, and being the drop OLB. In that sense, since we need him at Otto, he is a better fit for us.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Chiefs gets Ragland for a 4th. In 2019.

Comment

Working...
                          X