• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not a fan of PFF and how they do things. Or Football Outsiders. I always confuse the two. One of them does lame ways of coming up with stats. I don't follow either.

No team had their RBs hit behind the line of scrimmage as much as ours last year. I've seen our OL ranked last, last season and Denver 31 so there is that. I guess we are fucked to have Okung be a part of both Denver and Seattles bad OL rankings.

Anyways the point here is you said Fant isn't very good and I've just been saying he is a first year starter for them and only a second year player with a lot of promise. His backup I'm sure isn't very good just like ours aren't very good.
    he may end up being a good player, time will tell. At this point he was, IMO, not a good Starting OT in the NFL. I understand your take on the grading sites, however any rankings u look at over the past 3 years, and SEA will average out to be near the very bottom.

I think Okung will be fine in our system. He and Slauson should be maulers for MGIII on the left side. For pass pro, Rivers gets rid of the ball very quickly, so I believe his relative weakness vs the rush will be minimized. Simien held the ball far too long last year And also played beside the worst OG in DEN. The guy made some of their fans miss Franklin I am concerned about our OL depth, but I anticipate a vet or two to be brought in after cut downs. I do not think Burkwell will be effective with a cast since I didn't think he was very effective prior to the injury.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Ealy on the trade block by Pats. They used a 2nd rounder for him in the offseason. Thats strange.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Ealy on the trade block by Pats. They used a 2nd rounder for him in the offseason. Thats strange.
        maybe the panthers knew he was shite when they peddled him. Gettlemen may be an asshole, but he could build and maintain a roster. Ealy was a dud that he sold high on early when he saw no EV. He will be a roster ping pong ball.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

I don't know that Ealy was a dud. He is a moderately productive, developing pass rusher who is looking forward more to signing a big deal than he is on a breakout season. He was a guy who was going to cost Car a ton to sign when he contract was up, and he is not necessarily the best team guy.

I'm not sure the Pats every saw Ealy as a starter. NE loves to package their defense, and I don't think that sat well. Plus, NE has a ton of guys who can play situational football, so, they really don't need Ealy.

He will find a place because he can rush the QB and most teams need pass rushers.

He's not going to sign with us, and I don't think he fits well. The only thing I think he might add is as an inside rusher on passing downs. We desperately need help there, but he knows he is well behind Bosa and Ingram. We could use him for depth, but unless he is going to finally knuckle under and focus he is not going to really develop.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

If we traded a 2nd rounder for a player and then he didnt make the roster or was traded for less TT would be crucified. I just dont understand why they made a trade using a high pick in the first place.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

If we traded a 2nd rounder for a player and then he didnt make the roster or was traded for less TT would be crucified. I just dont understand why they made a trade using a high pick in the first place.
              They thought they were getting a player on the upswing. The Pats make mistakes too. Or this could be to motivate him.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

NE can afford to swing for the fence more often. High risk, but the reward could have been huge.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post

They thought they were getting a player on the upswing. The Pats make mistakes too. Or this could be to motivate him.
                  So his chance to prove himself is in camp and the preseason? Whatever film they watched to encourage them to make the trade most likely came from game film no? I think it makes sense to see how he does during the season before cutting him outright. I think hes pretty solid.

And i didnt bring up the news about this because i was implying i want him. But im not a fan of Emmanuel. His speed makes me yell at the TV when ive watched him this preseason. Im really concerned about him this season. I just havnt said anything about it.

But just a hypothetical question for you Steve. Bosa at Leo. Ealy on the strongside. Can he 2 gap? Ingram at SAM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Ahmad Brooks is available. 33, but maybe a one year stop gap to add depth?

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

So his chance to prove himself is in camp and the preseason? Whatever film they watched to encourage them to make the trade most likely came from game film no? I think it makes sense to see how he does during the season before cutting him outright. I think hes pretty solid.

And i didnt bring up the news about this because i was implying i want him. But im not a fan of Emmanuel. His speed makes me yell at the TV when ive watched him this preseason. Im really concerned about him this season. I just havnt said anything about it.

But just a hypothetical question for you Steve. Bosa at Leo. Ealy on the strongside. Can he 2 gap? Ingram at SAM.
                      Bosa is the PERFECT fit for the strongside DE in the Seahags D. He is just impossible to hook without holding and can get pressure in the base D as a wide 5 technique guy, so I don't see him moving. They like more speed at LEO, so Ingram is probably who they really want there. I like Ealy, and think he can be a good player, but he would be a 3rd DE for us. HE does have a history of rushing inside in college. Besides, with as much as they are paying Ingram, I don't see any chance they move him to OTTO/SAM.

If they are going to try and get more speed and hide rushers at LB, it is going to be guys like McCain, although I don't see him being physical enough to set the edge at this point. Attaochu is another guy who could play either, but he needs to get his ass on the field.

I think Emmanuel's speed is OK, but his footwork and his ability to read and react at SAM is maddening. He is constantly getting himself a step behind, and then can't catch up. He is actually a better player inside. He probably makes the roster because he is a depth player and ST guy. Emmanuel was pretty good at setting the edge last season, and was a big part of why our run D was decent down the stretch. But he went back to whatever it was he was thinking prior to last year, and now he needs to stop letting guys get outside of him.

As far as the LB go, I would really, really pour over the waiver wire guys. There is a lot of potential among the LB, and a lot of speed, but they were not playing like it the last 2 games. Some of it may be because of the 2 scrimmages, so that guys may have used too much emotional energy in those contests, rather than the games. But so far, despite all the raves, I still see 4 LB who are almost sure things (Emmanuel at OTTO, Perryman at Mike, Brown at Will, and Toomer the backup Mike), and a bunch of guys who they might keep for ST. They will probably keep 6 or 7 LB, but I wouldn't be shocked if they are going through some of the waiver wire stuff looking for better options, and if there is a SAM/OTTO type of guy, especially if they have played in the Bradley system (Atl, Jags, SF and Sea), then Emmanuel is not safe either.

Brooks is an option, and like Emmanuel, he can pay inside and out (he was an inside LB for Cinci early in his career), but new coaches don't usually bring in long time vets like Brooks unless they have a history or a devastating injury to a starter. He does know the D however.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Thank bud. I really got tired of seeing Emmanuel over pursue and take bad angles last season. Atlanta was a game where it really stood out. He dosnt have great awareness when it comes to containing a RB out of the backfield. And his speed just seems so slow when i watch him. I was actually hoping we would upgrade that position in the draft. I think Toomer there would be a better player for us. Honestly though i expect us to end up not being very pleased with Kyle this season. I think hes going t disappoint us.

I agree we should be looking over the wire when players start getting cut. Rochell has looked decent backing up Bosa. McCain looks like a nice player. Attaochu has speed but like Emmanuel his angles and over pursuit are maddening. It would be nice if he could play SAM.

Thanks for the insight.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Ealy cut. Wow. Wasted 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                          X