• Show
Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

I like that there are a plethora of quality OGs in FA this year, I think thats where our OL is weakest and with our current interior OL guys adding just one quality guy could really improve all three positions. I also wouldn't mind taking a look at Riley Reiff, who at worst should be an above-average RT but has the tools to play LT.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
      Fluent in Sarcasm
      • Jun 2013
      • Iowa
      • Man of the People
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
      Looks like Melvin wants to get paid. Not surprising and who knows if it's true

"Colts could be a possible landing spot for LB Melvin Ingram. Ingram is reportedly asking for Olivier Vernon money (5 yers, $85M)"
      I think that's a fair thing for him to be asking for. Very comparable stats the last couple of years, when Ingram has been healthy. A bit more than I think his production dictates but the market sets the price. The issue with Vernon's contract that I would hope Ingram is willing to be flexible with is the guaranteed money, with Vernon having over 50 mil guaranteed.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Tolbert, anyone? Panthers released him.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Tolbert, anyone? Panthers released him.
          Yeah i was thinking about that. He had a pretty good chemistry with Rivers in the pass game. Im not sure about his lead blocking skills. I just cant remember. Hes no Lo Neal i dont think.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
            I like that there are a plethora of quality OGs in FA this year, I think thats where our OL is weakest and with our current interior OL guys adding just one quality guy could really improve all three positions. I also wouldn't mind taking a look at Riley Reiff, who at worst should be an above-average RT but has the tools to play LT.
            I sure wouldn't look for Chagras to make a big splash this year in FA with all the $ it's costing to move. As for interior OL, I can easily see them cutting Franklin, moving Slauson to LG, staring Teurk at OC and leaving Fluker at RG. Pulley backs up, and they look for a bargain basement vet OG late in the process. Fill in the holes with draft and UDFAs on practice squad.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Yeah i was thinking about that. He had a pretty good chemistry with Rivers in the pass game. Im not sure about his lead blocking skills. I just cant remember. Hes no Lo Neal i dont think.
              you remember right. And he supposedly took less $ to leave the Chargers and be "closer to family" last time he was FA. After watching the Chagras clusterfuck for 5 years from a distance- why would he want to move to LA for that mess?
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                I think that's a fair thing for him to be asking for. Very comparable stats the last couple of years, when Ingram has been healthy. A bit more than I think his production dictates but the market sets the price. The issue with Vernon's contract that I would hope Ingram is willing to be flexible with is the guaranteed money, with Vernon having over 50 mil guaranteed.
                I wonder if these guys just want to get away from these loser owners. Go somewhere where there's an emphasis on winning.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  I sure wouldn't look for Chagras to make a big splash this year in FA with all the $ it's costing to move. As for interior OL, I can easily see them cutting Franklin, moving Slauson to LG, staring Teurk at OC and leaving Fluker at RG. Pulley backs up, and they look for a bargain basement vet OG late in the process. Fill in the holes with draft and UDFAs on practice squad.
                  I don't think an OG or Reiff would be considered a 'big splash' in FA. Benjamin was probably our 'big splash' signing last year and was one of the more disappointing signings. I'll gladly take a Hayward-level signing on the OL. I do agree that Tuerk being put into the mix along with Pulley and Clark may be the only change made but it's at the offseason and I allow myself to have hope for the franchise.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                    Fluent in Sarcasm
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Iowa
                    • Man of the People
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    I wonder if these guys just want to get away from these loser owners. Go somewhere where there's an emphasis on winning.
                    Possible but I haven't heard anything from Ingram to signal he has an issue with ownership.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

And Tuerk is a ghost until someone actually sees him.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

I sort of get concerned with Ingram. Because all the talk about him last offseason was how hard he worked on his body. He came in looking a lot different than years prior. Did he do this knowing it was a contract year? Did he take things seriously because of it? He seemed to sort of underachieve at times for a couple of years. It may have just taken him some time to mature. Entirely possible. Its just something i wonder about. Will he get paid and stop working hard? He was a really solid player for us. And its not his sacks that make him standout but his pressures were off the chart last season. he put up more pressures than all his other years combined. Hes a very good run defender now. But if hes going to be the highest paid OLB in the league it may be cheaper to bring in a guy like JPP and draft a SAM. I have said keeping Ingram is a priority and drafting Thomas would allow us to play him at Leo and Ingram at SAM. But if we are forced to move on from Ingram and not willing to tag him maybe we get a guy like JPP for less. And draft someone to play SAM. Or use someone else at SAM and draft a different position. But i do like both Ingram and JPP and i think we have the money to sign one of them. I think JPP might have been 2nd in the league with passed batted down. Underatted run defender as well. But again i often wonder if Ingram broke out last year because he worked harder in a contract year. It happens. And im just gunshy with paying players big 2nd contracts.

I think it may make sense to tag Ingram. And try to work on an extension during the season. Hes going to ask for the moon. But i think he would love to be in the limelight of LA..

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          Yeah, just thinking with Woody a maybe, Tolbert taking on a slightly different role could work for us, cuz Gordon can catch too, maybe make us less predictable. And a lot more punishing.

Maybe Tolbert takes one last contract away from family, for family?

Comment

Working...
                          X