Is The Chargers Offense Really Improved ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • 2887
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

    Is The Chargers Offense Really Improved ?

    At RB
    JK Dobbins and G. Edwards for A. Ekeler and J. Kelley

    At TE
    W. Dissly and H. Hurst for G. Everett and N. Vannett

    At OL
    J. Alt and B. Bozeman for W. Clapp and T. Pipskin

    At WR, DT Chark and L. McConkey have work to do.
    I think we have improved 3 out of 4 positions
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • 11017
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

    #2
    Undoubtedly.
    An offense that can run for 2 yards at will
    grind out yards when needed and not just limited to a grinding run game, Roman had an explosive run offense in Baltimore, sure, with Jackson leading it but I think this offense will be more explosive than people expect.
    a less predictable offense that isn't targeting Allen primarily.
    a better coached offense that regards OL as weapons and also utilizes TEs better overall.
    all theory at this stage but I believe there is many improvements.
    2024: Far From Over

    Comment

    • Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • 2010
      • Send PM

      #3
      I trust Harbaugh and he believes offense all starts up front with the OLine, so I have no doubt the offense is better.

      Comment

      • sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • 5752
        • Send PM

        #4
        Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        At RB
        JK Dobbins and G. Edwards for A. Ekeler and J. Kelley

        At TE
        W. Dissly and H. Hurst for G. Everett and N. Vannett

        At OL
        J. Alt and B. Bozeman for W. Clapp and T. Pipskin

        At WR, DT Chark and L. McConkey have work to do.
        I think we have improved 3 out of 4 positions
        I think we compare well at WR. It seemed like one or both KA and Mike were hurt all the time. We're younger, faster and Ladd has a lot of star potential.

        You didn't mention coaches which IMO are a HUGE improvement to the offense.

        Comment

        • Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • 2887
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

          #5
          True, coaching 2024 > 2023
          And QJ 2024 is supposed to be > 2023

          Comment

          • Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • 3097
            • Send PM

            #6
            Tight end position is a question mark. Passing wise, blocking wise. No indicators as of yet. Will just have to wait until September.

            Comment

            • BayAreaBoltz
              Chargers Hall of Fame
              • Sep 2019
              • 3130
              • Send PM

              #7
              Originally posted by Caslon View Post
              Tight end position is a question mark. Passing wise, blocking wise. No indicators as of yet. Will just have to wait until September.
              Not blocking wise. That part of the TE room is hugely upgraded.

              TBH, I think the entire offense success rides on Bozeman. If he's good AND remains healthy, we'll be hugely improved.

              When the starting center goes down, it all crumbles. Ala the last couple of seasons.

              Comment

              • Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • 11404
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

                #8
                The run game will be better. Not should be. Will be.
                Herbert will be better protected. Not should be. Will be.
                The coaching will be better. Not should be. Will be.
                The receiving talent is a question mark.
                But given that the run game will improve, blocking will improve, pass pro will improve, and the team will be better coached. And there is the Justin Herbert factor. The offense will be better, and it will be more balanced.

                Comment

                • sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • 5752
                  • Send PM

                  #9
                  Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

                  Not blocking wise. That part of the TE room is hugely upgraded.

                  TBH, I think the entire offense success rides on Bozeman. If he's good AND remains healthy, we'll be hugely improved.

                  When the starting center goes down, it all crumbles. Ala the last couple of seasons.
                  We chose Bozeman because he knows G-Ro and played well for him in Bal. Regards C depth, having Mike Devlin and Nick Hardwick should have an impact on C development that we hadn't had in the past.
                  I'm most interested in how the O blocking plays as a unit. Vs LVR will be a good test. They're D is pretty good and our pass blocking was bad, run blocking worse, especially our LG-C-RG and TEs.

                  Comment

                  • beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • 5125
                    • Send PM

                    #10
                    would like to take a look @some vets @RG and as a hedge @RB.... otherwise will be surprised if QJ beats out Chark for WR2.

                    think we're gonna avg 24 points/game.... top ten O.

                    Comment

                    • ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • 1886
                      • Send PM

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                      Tight end position is a question mark. Passing wise, blocking wise. No indicators as of yet. Will just have to wait until September.
                      Hurst and Dissly can do the job at TE, even though they aren't as good as Gerald Everett.

                      Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

                      I think we compare well at WR. It seemed like one or both KA and Mike were hurt all the time. We're younger, faster and Ladd has a lot of star potential.

                      You didn't mention coaches which IMO are a HUGE improvement to the offense.
                      You didn't mention management which provides the things the organization wants on offense and do scouting on players.

                      Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      The receiving talent is a question mark.
                      As good as KA and MW were, having them on the team for so long, opponents knew what to expect with the Chargers' offense. Them being gone isn't that bad. There's new bodies that are capable of holding their own. Even when those two were healthy and both on the field, the WR room lacked speed after them, and it killed the offense when there was too many slower guys. That is mitigated now thanks to better management and scouting.

                      Comment

                      • ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • 1886
                        • Send PM

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        And there is the Justin Herbert factor.
                        And there is this.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X