• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

We're going multiple fronts on the OL.

Music to my ears. For years I've felt that we were out coached on the OL because there was always a defender in the hole we were trying to run through. We've had decent players, they were just placed in a disadvantaged position.
    Last edited by Formula 21; 05-14-2017, 10:36 PM.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

We were 32nd in the league on STs last year. That's a focus.

Doesn't sound like Stuckey is going anywhere.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        We're going multiple fronts on the OL.

Music to my ears. For years I've felt that we were out coached on the OL because there was always a defender in the hole we were trying to run through. We've had decent players, they were just placed in a disadvantaged position.
        I trust Lynn on this -- is his forte. But I have noticed over the years that our OL mess up a lot and don't execute properly (and it extends to TEs, too). A lot of plays would have been pretty good, if only the blocker completed his assignment but he didn't. Maybe that is why the coaches decided not to try to do too much -- if they can't do the basics, they sure can't be multiple.
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

I always contended that McCoy wasn't bad. He just wasn't good. And whatever his shortcomings were, they needed a new voice that the players could believe in.

That little bit of difference is a huge difference.

I like how Lynn sounds, and I hope he is more of a "leader of men" type personality. He sure sounds that way.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

I'd rather have a leader at HC than a O or D wizard that can't lead. You can always hire coordinators.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
              I'd rather have a leader at HC than a O or D wizard that can't lead. You can always hire coordinators.
              +1
              Hallelujah!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                I always contended that McCoy wasn't bad. He just wasn't good. And whatever his shortcomings were, they needed a new voice that the players could believe in.

That little bit of difference is a huge difference.

I like how Lynn sounds, and I hope he is more of a "leader of men" type personality. He sure sounds that way.
                I'm starting to think that way as well.
                McCoy just didn't appear to have that fire. Not that a HC has to rain fire and brimstone but players need to know if they don't execute, it could erupt at anytime.
                Our team hasn't played with any urgency since Marty left.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

He already ahead of the curve... he wears a ball cap, not a visor.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    I kind of got a Dielmann/ Goff vibe from Lamp i.e. just wants to hit the field and maul somebody, not waste time talking to reporters. I like it.
                    Feeny seemed more the country boy/ strong as an oxe type.
                    Be great to see these guys anchor the middle of our O line for the next 10 years.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

I know it's ridiculously early for this but I can't escape the feeling that Spanos made a great hire in Lynn. And that's encouraging.
                      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Watching Williams, Lamp and Feeney they all seem to have a good attitude. Nothing given for free. Get your job done....learn the playbook and keep the selfish attitude out. Glad we stayed away from head cases.

I like Lynn. I don't know if he's going to be yelling at people but I see him as preach learn your job and compete at 100% if you want to start. Always keep learning and applying it. I think Mccoy met his limitation....I was a fan of him but he just hit his limit for how to coach out of a bad situation (injuries, mistakes, etc) and never transitioned well. I only hope Lynn has bigger balls than Mccoy and isnt afraid to try different things to teach, motivate and make gametime decisions to get a W.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                          Watching Williams, Lamp and Feeney they all seem to have a good attitude. Nothing given for free. Get your job done....learn the playbook and keep the selfish attitude out. Glad we stayed away from head cases.

I like Lynn. I don't know if he's going to be yelling at people but I see him as preach learn your job and compete at 100% if you want to start. Always keep learning and applying it. I think Mccoy met his limitation....I was a fan of him but he just hit his limit for how to coach out of a bad situation (injuries, mistakes, etc) and never transitioned well. I only hope Lynn has bigger balls than Mccoy and isnt afraid to try different things to teach, motivate and make gametime decisions to get a W.
                          I am pretty sure Telesco laid down the law about what McCoy did/did not do that led to him getting the axe. So far, Lynn is the anti-McCoy. Communicative, alpha, imposing, motivational and preaches accountability. McCoy was a good man who focused on game planning and being a family and tolerating mistakes. Some of that was really good. Some of it led to the mess on the field. I seriously doubt that if Kaser shanks a punt at a critical time and then botches a hold on a FG that he has a job the next day with Lynn. Lynn played and he knows how the rest of the team feels when that stupid stuff happens. And I would not want to go to his office to have that talk.

I just will miss Acee having the opportunity to ask his smarmy questions of this tough guy.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X