Clear All
  • SFW
    PB Official Game Thread Starter
    • Jul 2013
    • NY
    • USMC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    From my point of view, you left out one important phrase, which I have added above. Hope. Most of us felt the Norv situation was hopeless; there was NEVER a chance that we could win the SB with him. Again, that is my view, so I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but that sure seems like the major ingredient for all the pre-season excitement around here.

And, truth be told, I hold out some hope for the Chargers now, too. Just not this season. And probably not next season, either. It remains to be seen if Telesco can acquire good talent going forward AND contractually satisfy the talent we currently have to make them want to stay (a major failure of the past regime, IMO). Same for McCoy. Let's see what, if anything, he can do with the players that TT signs to the roster.

The storm is over (AJ/Norv). There's a ton of destruction in the wake of the "storm's" departure. The team DOES look worse, on paper. Or, at best, only slightly improved (people have made their opinions known about this, so no need rehash here). There are ton of unknowns. How anyone could predict success out of this upheaval is beyond me.

But, for the first time in many years, there IS hope. That's what I'm getting from the faithful on here.
    I concur 100% with your addition of the word "hope". Firing Norv has brought a new re-invigorated hope for success (IMO).
    1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
    2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
    3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
    4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
    5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
    6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
    7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
      I guess my thoughts on this are that you've got a guy like Yubaking who is constantly berating TT as being a shit GM and making our team far weaker, when we actually don't truly know. If he wants to say that he disagrees with what he's seen so far, that's fine, but to say that TT is a shit GM (paraphrasing here), then I think that's a bit over the top.

I myself questioned his first and second round draft moves. I was really wondering about him, but I'm not going to say that those moves were wrong, because I can't begin to have access to the film and professional scouts opinions that he has. Some people write like TT is making these decisions in a vacuum, and that he is getting no advice from anyone and that he is looking at the same tape as we see on TV. Thus, I believe that to castigate the guy before seeing how his moves work out at the end of a season is premature. Again, questioning the moves and discussing them, I get. But dissing the dude before the pudding is even put in the oven shows a lack of logical reasoning.

BTW: I really liked AJ, and I don't think he did as bad a job as others think, but I believe he stayed far too long with Norv and he didn't stress player development enough, perhaps due to his undying support of Norv. I think that guys like Wright and Gilchrist, Green, et al. need to see the playing field, and guys like Phillips and Jammer needed to move on because they would have taken reps away from the guys that we need to evaluate in game conditions. I realize that they MAY have been better backups than what we have, but they don't offer a lot of future, where a guy like Keiser with proper technique development very well might develop. Thus, I'm not going to poo poo a guy's moves until we see how it all turns out.
      Time to not castigate this guys
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
        From my point of view, you left out one important phrase, which I have added above. Hope. Most of us felt the Norv situation was hopeless; there was NEVER a chance that we could win the SB with him. Again, that is my view, so I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but that sure seems like the major ingredient for all the pre-season excitement around here.

And, truth be told, I hold out some hope for the Chargers now, too. Just not this season. And probably not next season, either. It remains to be seen if Telesco can acquire good talent going forward AND contractually satisfy the talent we currently have to make them want to stay (a major failure of the past regime, IMO). Same for McCoy. Let's see what, if anything, he can do with the players that TT signs to the roster.

The storm is over (AJ/Norv). There's a ton of destruction in the wake of the "storm's" departure. The team DOES look worse, on paper. Or, at best, only slightly improved (people have made their opinions known about this, so no need rehash here). There are ton of unknowns. How anyone could predict success out of this upheaval is beyond me.

But, for the first time in many years, there IS hope. That's what I'm getting from the faithful on here.
        Time to hope you are right
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X