• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    I kind of agree about the 1-15 season though that's kind of an anomaly. I guess just like how the 9-7 season last year wasn't fun at all either.

Honestly, the record this year isn't that important to me. I'm just excited about change. And seeing all the new and especially young players that didn't get much of a chance to play in previous years.
    Agreed. And while I would have preferred the team go more aggressively young there are so many spots that are now the beginning of what the team will become. And Teo better get out there soon.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      You're all lying if you say the OP's claims haven't crossed your minds.
      Its crossed my mind that he could have a poor season. Mostly because I think the GM has protected the team in case that does happen. Which makes me think that he believes Rivers might not be the future(2-3 years from now).

It will bum me of Rivers doesn't win a SB in SD.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Also, can somebody please clarify what they mean by "Rivers can give us 3-4 more productive years." ? Are we talking about 9-10 win ceiling seasons with a one and done in the playoffs? Because honestly if you don't think this guy can win a Super Bowl then there's no need to keep him around for some "productive years."
        One guy doesn't win you a SB. If Jeff Hostetler can "win" a SB, then surely Rivers can.

Comment

• TABF
          Por debajo del promedio
          • Jun 2013
          • SoCal
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charged up View Post
          Wait... So because the season hasn't started I can't think ahead post 2013? :jerkit:
          Nope... you are, in so many words, writing this season off before it even starts. That seems silly to many of us
          Last edited by TABF; 09-03-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• TABF
            Por debajo del promedio
            • Jun 2013
            • SoCal
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
            I don't think Rivers has to implode in order to get us a top 5 pick.
            Of course your don't. That is whst we call "implied" Information.

Comment

• Yubaking
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
              if were drafting high enough for someone like bridgewater, we will take him. how PR does is irrelevant to that. bridgewater could always sit for a year. that being said, if your QB has a solid season, you will not be drafting in the top 10. feel free to debate me on that.
              Rivers finished 11th last year among QBs, which represents a solid year. If he does that again, I think it is likely that we will be drafting in the top 10 because the defense is not going to be as good this year as it was last year.

I don't think we will be drafting in the top 3 with such a performance, but definitely the top 8-10 would be a possibility.

Comment

• Yubaking
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                I would continue to shore up the OL. Put a solid OL in front of PR and he will continue to play at a very high level for another 6 years or so. His decline over the past couple of seasons corresponds directly to the complete collapse of the OL.

I remember too well the QB drought we had between Fouts and Humphries and between Humphries and Brees, and I don't want to go through that again.
                Right. Rivers is better than what most teams have and better than what we are likely to have when he is gone.

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                  Of course your don't. That is whst we call "implied" Information.

Implied? Don't get it. I just said that he doesn't have to implode to get us a top 5 pick. I think a significant injury to Mathews, Luiget, Butler, or Weddle screws us over pretty good. If we lose Gates, Hardwick, Reyes, JJ, English Cox or Wright we could be hurting pretty good. Then you can throw in Thomas and Freeney (if we can't stop the run pressuring the QB isn't going to be of much use to us so I don't rank him higher) as guys we might miss.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Opera singer and web developer.
                    • Send PM

Um, what is OP and what claims has he/she/it/they made?

Also, can somebody please clarify what they mean by "Rivers can give us 3-4 more productive years." ? Are we talking about 9-10 win ceiling seasons with a one and done in the playoffs? Because honestly if you don't think this guy can win a Super Bowl then there's no need to keep him around for some "productive years."
                    Yeah, I think Rivers is an elite QB and fierce competitor who certainly is more than capable of leading a team to the SB. Of course, it takes a lot more than a great QB to get there.
                    Adipose

Comment

• BoltBalls
                      Always keep eye contact!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SD!
                      • Send PM

Um, what is OP and what claims has he/she/it/they made?
                      OP = Original Poster

Yeah, I think Rivers is an elite QB and fierce competitor who certainly is more than capable of leading a team to the SB. Of course, it takes a lot more than a great QB to get there.
                      Agreed!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

With more talent on the team I think he can get us there.Ib sure can't say that about the QBs we are discussion in the next draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                          Implied? Don't get it. I just said that he doesn't have to implode to get us a top 5 pick. I think a significant injury to Mathews, Luiget, Butler, or Weddle screws us over pretty good. If we lose Gates, Hardwick, Reyes, JJ, English Cox or Wright we could be hurting pretty good. Then you can throw in Thomas and Freeney (if we can't stop the run pressuring the QB isn't going to be of much use to us so I don't rank him higher) as guys we might miss.
                          your not going to throw in Dunlap? Granted he isn't great but his backup is a lot worse.

Comment

Working...
                          X