• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Never said we were winning all of those, but those teams don't look as imposing now that the season has started. Indy, Dallas, and Wash were all marked as losses and now...not so much. All those teams have just as many glaring holes as we do, if not more.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      Where's the fun in that?
      True.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

They dont call it the no fun league for nothimg!
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
          Never said we were winning all of those, but those teams don't look as imposing now that the season has started. Indy, Dallas, and Wash were all marked as losses and now...not so much. All those teams have just as many glaring holes as we do, if not more.
          Oakland hasn't been as bad as advertised and don't see why you would say Dallas isn't as good as expected because they lost a close game in KC. KC has a pretty good defense and are not getting terrible play from their QB like they did last year. Alex Smith has been pretty good for them so far. Washington does appear to be over-rated but losing at GB after GB lost their opener at SF last week isn't something I'd consider surprising. Indy losing at home is a bit of a surprise but then again Miami might not be as bad as expected either. The thing is, the teams that seem to feed your belief that our schedule looks easier because they beat a team on our schedule are on our schedule as well.

Comment

• TTThunder
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Just give it all you have...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Oakland hasn't been as bad as advertised and don't see why you would say Dallas isn't as good as expected because they lost a close game in KC. KC has a pretty good defense and are not getting terrible play from their QB like they did last year. Alex Smith has been pretty good for them so far. Washington does appear to be over-rated but losing at GB after GB lost their opener at SF last week isn't something I'd consider surprising. Indy losing at home is a bit of a surprise but then again Miami might not be as bad as expected either. The thing is, the teams that seem to feed your belief that our schedule looks easier because they beat a team on our schedule are on our schedule as well.
              Has nothing to do with the results, it's how they are playing. Dallas still isn't running the ball for shit and they have a leaky O line + dealing with injuries. Washington's defense looks just awful and RG3 is a shell of himself. Indy lost it's RB already and that defense looks worse this year than last. None of those teams should be able to hold our offense to less than 24-28 points. That should give us a leg up in most games.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                Has nothing to do with the results, it's how they are playing. Dallas still isn't running the ball for shit and they have a leaky O line + dealing with injuries. Washington's defense looks just awful and RG3 is a shell of himself. Indy lost it's RB already and that defense looks worse this year than last. None of those teams should be able to hold our offense to less than 24-28 points. That should give us a leg up in most games.
                And how about our defense? It hasn't exactly reminded me of the '85 Bears.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

still more encouraging to read about our chances to win some games instead of "we won't win til we play the raiders" shit.

McCoy has the team at least headed in the right direction.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

And how about our defense? It hasn't exactly reminded me of the '85 Bears.
                    I think our pass rush will show up. We've faced two pairs of solid OT's from the Texans and Eagles (Peters and Lane Johnson were excellent today). We also won't be facing such good offenses IMO. Dez Bryant will cause us some issues, but we should be able to contain most of the other receiving options. We won't face a WR as fast as Jackson again this season. Welker is more quick than fast.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Im simply shocked at how effective our offense is. Had i known they would be able to move the ball like this i might have come off my 5-6 win expectation. Any given Sunday this offense looks like it can score with the best of em.

Draft a LT and OG go defense with the rest.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Im simply shocked at how effective our offense is. Had i known they would be able to move the ball like this i might have come off my 5-6 win expectation. Any given Sunday this offense looks like it can score with the best of em.

Draft a LT and OG go defense with the rest.
                        I would resign Rinehart, he's been solid. Keep Clary, draft a LT in the 1st. I would go D the rest of the way and an OC to develop behind Hardwick.

OLB, DT/NT, CB.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Big Bear
                          • Self-employed property manager.
                          • Send PM

Actually encouraged after today's game, but had to bust out that clip. Hopefully we'll play defense in games from now on after seeing that 2nd have debacle last week.

Comment

Working...
                          X