Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    They can but why?

They already didn't want to this season or else they would've done so in March when it could've helped them
    Because we may need cap space?

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Better off extending Weddle to lower his cap number. He clearly has more than a few good years left.

Comment

• floydefisher
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • siberiacuse, ny
        • Send PM

Reality check.

It's one game against a team known for playing ole defense. While it is encouraging, it's hardly worth breaking out the champagne and thinking this team just turned a huge corner.

At least I know it will be an entertaining 5-11 watching this offense operate.
        sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post
          Just give it all you have...

Go Bolts!!!
          :larry::rimshot:ound it:
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

It all depends on when you play each team. Playing Washington right now is good because RG3 is not fully healthy, is extremely rusty, and is learning how to play without his turbocharger. He is a very smart kid and eventually he will figure it out. And then the Redskins might not be mediocre.

Injuries keep piling up for poor Indy. They lost starting RB for the season now it appears they have lost starting OLman.

Dallas is adjusting to Kiffin, their 17th different DC in the past 4 years. Once they catch on, might be a better team.

Oakland looked good. Against Jacksonville.

The Jags might be starting Tebow by the time we play them.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              actually the cap should stay flat until 2015. And the Chargers are already really close to that projected cap
              I believe we are over it.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Well, ill leave our cap worries to thus who are paid to worry about it, and those proping up doom and gloom positions...

Go Rivers!

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                  Oh please.

The cap is supposed to go up and there are a bunch of things they can do to create more cap room if needed. Enjoy the win and stop worrying about something that will most definitely change by next season.
                  What the hell is wrong with debating? Beerman posts that he wants to keep all these guys and I just ask where we will get the money to do so. It is a realistic question if you just take a look at our situation and how much money these guys will be paid next season. Between just Hardwick, Clary and Royal we are between $18-19M in cap space which would be about 14% of our cap. Throw in Rivers and his $16.7M cap number and that takes us to about 28% of our cap being tied up in just 4 players. I just want to know where the money is going to come from.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                    If he keeps producing, hard not to. He looks like he did in his rookie year. He's a mismatch with how he's currently being used. He needs to prove he can stay healthy all season though before we get too far into this discussion.

I do think there will need to be some contract work with some of these guys in their last years to stay on this team
                    Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                    What the hell is wrong with debating? Beerman posts that he wants to keep all these guys and I just ask where we will get the money to do so. It is a realistic question if you just take a look at our situation and how much money these guys will be paid next season. Between just Hardwick, Clary and Royal we are between $18-19M in cap space which would be about 14% of our cap. Throw in Rivers and his $16.7M cap number and that takes us to about 28% of our cap being tied up in just 4 players. I just want to know where the money is going to come from.
                    Could of swore I answered that already, oh I did.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      It all depends on when you play each team. Playing Washington right now is good because RG3 is not fully healthy, is extremely rusty, and is learning how to play without his turbocharger. He is a very smart kid and eventually he will figure it out. And then the Redskins might not be mediocre.

Injuries keep piling up for poor Indy. They lost starting RB for the season now it appears they have lost starting OLman.

Dallas is adjusting to Kiffin, their 17th different DC in the past 4 years. Once they catch on, might be a better team.

Oakland looked good. Against Jacksonville.

The Jags might be starting Tebow by the time we play them.

TG
                      So far we haven't done well against Tebow.

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Opera singer and web developer.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        Never said we were winning all of those, but those teams don't look as imposing now that the season has started. Indy, Dallas, and Wash were all marked as losses and now...not so much. All those teams have just as many glaring holes as we do, if not more.
                        Why would anyone mark the Dallas game a loss???

We're right where I thought we would be. I expect us to be 2-1 after this weekend, 5-3 at the halfway point, and finish 7-9. The front end of our schedule is fairly easy. The back end, not so much. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up a couple extra games along the way. I always thought this was a .500 team, plus or minus 2 games.
                        Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Opera singer and web developer.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                          Miami might not be as bad as expected either.
                          Expected by whom? I know I'm not the only one who predicted a Wild Card berth for the Dolphins this year. (Although, the way NE has looked, maybe you're right, maybe Miami won't be as bad as a WC and maybe wins the division.)
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X