• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
    I am not saying it's because of Phillips, but every team Phillips plays this year has lost.
    Genius.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      Now he is on IR. As is Floyd and Williams and Ingram. It really doesn't much sense talking about Freeney - or the rest - any more than it does talking about Vincent Jackhole or all those future Hall of Famers we didn't re-sign this off-season (who would have brought us our 1st Super Bowl Trophy), .
      You raise a good point, though you left out Alexander and Mouton. The question then is, does the loss of Shaun Phillips have more to do with our situation than the losses of all the guys on IR?

A One.... a tawhooo....a thrrrreeeee....how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

The world may never know...

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Freeney lasted 4 games. In that time his stats were 0.5 sacks and 2 tackles. Those stats suck no matter how much you want to spin it. Some people will say he was better because he almost did what he was being paid to do, which was to make sacks. By the way, his performance bonus was tied to how many sacks he got, not how many hurries or how many hits he got; just the sacks, ma'am, just the sacks. That would be 0.5 if you are counting. For some reason sacks seem to be important enough for him when they negotiated his contract and performance bonuses. He gets $3.5625M this year and another $1.625M next year (cap numbers) regardless if he ever plays another down for us. It is also interesting to note that he got a weekly roster bonus. That is was a weekly bonus was never divulged before (from what I can find). That seems to me to indicate that the team didn't think Freeney would last a complete season and sought protection in case he got injured. This only amounted to $500K this year and it appears that only $63K has been paid out so far. If his roster bonus was per game then we still owe him another (approx) $63K.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
          Freeney lasted 4 games. In that time his stats were 0.5 sacks and 2 tackles. Those stats suck no matter how much you want to spin it.
          But spin they shall.

Weve moved past the 'almost getting there.' Now, he's worth every penny because he inspired his fellow pass rushers in the locker room.

Not that it meant anything on the field...but they were inspired
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            But spin they shall.

Weve moved past the 'almost getting there.' Now, he's worth every penny because he inspired his fellow pass rushers in the locker room.

Not that it meant anything on the field...but they were inspired
            I was at the game so I didn't quite get the view that someone watching on TV gets (which pisses me off to no end) but it didn't appear to me that our pass rush suffered at all after Freeney left the game.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Without Freeney, Ingram, Phillips or Barnes, who would opponents have focused on stopping in terms of pass rush.

I think we're done here.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I was at the game so I didn't quite get the view that someone watching on TV gets (which pisses me off to no end) but it didn't appear to me that our pass rush suffered at all after Freeney left the game.
                It probably looked the same but you probably don't know what to look for.

How many inspired 'hurries' did they have?
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  Without Freeney, Ingram, Phillips or Barnes, who would opponents have focused on stopping in terms of pass rush.

I think we're done here.
                  I suppose now we can count on JJ and English to perform that particular job. Does that make you happy? We all know how you felt about our "Plan B" at LT last year (though after last game he is now pretty much a stud on here, funny, eh?. How has our "Plan B" worked out at OLB this year?

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I suppose now we can count on JJ and English to perform that particular job. Does that make you happy? We all know how you felt about our "Plan B" at LT last year (though after last game he is now pretty much a stud on here, funny, eh?. How has our "Plan B" worked out at OLB this year?
                    After 4 games, it's worked out to a 2-2 record.

Comment

• Yubaking
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      After 4 games, it's worked out to a 2-2 record.
                      Riiiigggghhht. And that couldn't have anything to do with the fact that we have a top 10 scoring offense this year and have scored 30+ in both of our wins.

Comment

• Yubaking
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Freeney lasted 4 games. In that time his stats were 0.5 sacks and 2 tackles. Those stats suck no matter how much you want to spin it. Some people will say he was better because he almost did what he was being paid to do, which was to make sacks. By the way, his performance bonus was tied to how many sacks he got, not how many hurries or how many hits he got; just the sacks, ma'am, just the sacks. That would be 0.5 if you are counting. For some reason sacks seem to be important enough for him when they negotiated his contract and performance bonuses. He gets $3.5625M this year and another $1.625M next year (cap numbers) regardless if he ever plays another down for us. It is also interesting to note that he got a weekly roster bonus. That is was a weekly bonus was never divulged before (from what I can find). That seems to me to indicate that the team didn't think Freeney would last a complete season and sought protection in case he got injured. This only amounted to $500K this year and it appears that only $63K has been paid out so far. If his roster bonus was per game then we still owe him another (approx) $63K.
                        Very well stated.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                          Charger Fan till the end
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Carolina
                          • Send PM

What a bunch of negativity....geez let it rest....arguing just for arguing...I'm not saying you have to drool over it but enough with the agenda of doom

I personally saw Freeney beating guys pretty often and hurrying the QBs into early throws. Sure sacks didn't happen in buckets but perhaps offenses game planned accordingly to not have Norval 7 step drops? Sure I would love to have seen sacks but pressuring the QB is quite beneficial in this game called the NFL.

Sorry Freeney is gone...I think he was just getting comfortable and was a VERY positive addition to the team....sacks or no sacks he affected the game better than the rushers we had on hand. I hope he recovers fully.

RTPbolt

Comment

Working...
                          X