Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
    I actually called for them to win versus TEN.
    JINX!
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Yubaking
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      You can't know my logic is flawed because I never revealed anything about my logic for defensive stats.

But since you've trotted out your predictions and displayed your sparkling logic, allow me to make mine:

RGIII is going to realise that he's not yet mobile enough to be last year's RGIII. He'll stay in the pocket and become an effective pocket passer until a cheap shot by a blitzing Charles Woodson knocks him out of the game in the second quarter. Kirk Cousins will go on to have a career day, throwing for 427.3 yards and 3 TDs in 2.5 quarters, 113.75 of the yards (and 2 of the 3 TDs) to Leonard Hankerson.

Meanwhile, the lack of Miles Austin will hurt the Cowboys. In an unorthodox but brilliant ploy, Pagano will have former Cowboy Lissemore covering Dez Bryant all day. Bryant will thus be rendered ineffective because he'll spend the game doubled over laughing. Te'o will rejuvenate the defense and fool Romo into thinking there are imaginary defenders where there ain't. Romo will throw 5 INTs and Dallas' passing attack will net only 3 yards. Freeney will lead the way with 40 QB pressures but no sacks, because Romo will consistently elude the pass rush and run for over 150 yards on the day.

The Raiders will lose by 37 and the Chargers will win or lose by 3.

This is my prediction. And until the game is played it is just as valid as yours. Pick away at my logic all you want!
      The critique of your logic had everything to do with your suggestion that the Raiders winning or losing had anything at all to do with where our team will end up in terms of defensive ranking after this week.

Comment

• Yubaking
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
        To OIP...this is why I'm starting to hate statistics!! LOL!
        I actually just had one of the people on this board (in another thread) suggest that I do not support my opinions with statistics.

I was nearly floored because I think I throw more of them out there than anyone (whether they are deemed meaningful or not), even to the apparent point of causing a mental health reaction on the part of some.

Comment

• Yubaking
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
          An entire diatribe about yards allowed being the metric that decides who has the worst D. While there has been admission that yards allowed are not the end all and be all, that gets ignored, for, well, yards allowed. Then a shot at oddsmakers (clearly and undisputedly the best at what they do, with real skin in the game) because it doesn't match up with a certain version of reality.

Oddsmakers thus far (they set the opening line)

Chargers open at +3.5, lose by 3. (Didn't Yu predict a 20pt loss or something? Who was drunk?)
          Chargers open at +7.5, win by 3
          Chargers open at +3.5, lose by 3

They must be drunk. The Bolts are 3-0 vs. the opening line spread and are a home dog this week. If the line is absurd, the sharks would take advantage. Road favorites are a tough play, looks like a pass IMO.
          According to Vegas insiders, we opened as a pick 'em against the 'Boys. The OP stated that we opened as 1.5 point dogs. I don't know his source for that. Either way, the line has moved toward the 'Boys, which suggests that they are being bet more heavily than we are. That is in line with my view that the Cowboys will cover.

And I told you that I was wrong about the offense in my thoughts before week 1. I expected both units to be shit instead of just the defense, so that made a huge difference in our ability to keep the game against HOU close. I was so impressed that I expected us to win outright last week (freakin' kiss of death).
          Last edited by Yubaking; 09-26-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Yubaking
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

I am rooting for the Raiders! They are 1-2 and Wash is 0-3 and currently pick ahead of us in the 2014 Draft. So we need for the Raiders to WIN so that we draw even with the Redskins.
            Funniest post I have read all day.

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

First line I saw (Vegas, Vegas Insider Opening line uses online or whatever comes across first for what they list as the opening line) was -1 and 45. Early action has the money going on the Cowboys and the over, line has moved to -2 and 47. Anybody taking the Chargers is going to be tempted to take the money line rather than the points, which kind of skews the movement on the betting line. Getting the -2 basically assumes Dallas wins by less than a FG. If you like the Bolts, chances are you like them to win outright. Again, this is a huge pass imo. You like the Cowboys to destroy the line, should be easy money, right?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I am rooting for the Raiders! They are 1-2 and Wash is 0-3 and currently pick ahead of us in the 2014 Draft. So we need for the Raiders to WIN so that we draw even with the Redskins.
                Actualy we would draw before the Skins do to that unimportant useless stat, strength of scheduel...

Go Rivers!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

I'll be picking the Cowboys this week.
                  (I've picked against the Bolts every week this year, and I predicted they win between 6-10 games)
                  Maybe I'm just inconsistent.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Funniest post I have read all day.
                    Agreed. Such a doofus. LMAO at myself.

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Opera singer and web developer.
                      • Send PM

The critique of your logic had everything to do with your suggestion that the Raiders winning or losing had anything at all to do with where our team will end up in terms of defensive ranking after this week.
                      And since I never made that suggestion...

:jerkit:
                      Adipose

Comment

• RobH
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Tokyo, Japan
                        • University English Lecturer
                        • Send PM

You know, I always called it "Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome", PTSD, but when I looked it up, the 'D' stands for "Disorder". To be honest, I never noticed that discrepancy, so I guess this isn't my day to be spot on.
                        What day is? :rimshot:

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Did you here??? For Charger games Vegas has changed the line from 2 points, to two plays against the Chargers against the Cowboy!
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X