• Show
Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

They couldn't wait for June 1? They owe this turd no courtesy for phoning it in.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
      They couldn't wait for June 1? They owe this turd no courtesy for phoning it in.
      Maybe they want more cap space for next year when they should have mo better players.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

You can designate someone a June 1 cut. Im not sure what his designation was.

Comment

• UtahBolt
          Did we win?
          • Jun 2013
          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
          • Send PM

O-Line transformation is in full go this off-season. At this point the team believes that younger inexperienced players are better than over weight, out of shape, often inured and over paid guys with more experience. I like it...the line should be leaner, meaner and hungrier this year and there should be a lot more competition in camp which will make everyone better.
          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
            I get that he was injured/ineffective a lot, but where does the lazy talk come from? Is that actually based on anything?
            a guy named franklin being all about the benjamins?

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Expected.

And, this means there was some positive reviews from the Rookie G's at Rookie minicamp.

Timing of this is what leads to this. (of course, not that there wouldn't be)
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Why now?

I think the team was happy with the tryout of Pulley and Feeney at C and think Slausson slides right over to G.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Tijuana
                  • Send PM

I have the feeling that we'll have the exact same thread about Okung in 2 years. No more high price FAs, next draft get a OT and build inhouse

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
                    I have the feeling that we'll have the exact same thread about Okung in 2 years. No more high price FAs, next draft get a OT and build inhouse
                    Agree about Okung. I wanted to get Whitworth instead. He's older but he's a lot like Slauson, just a dependable guy that brings a certain level of dependability with his work ethic. Would've been cheaper as well. I mean it's pretty insane that Okung is the highest paid left tackle in the league.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      You can designate someone a June 1 cut. Im not sure what his designation was.
                      If he isn't a June 1st cut, then it is a effort to get him off the books quickly.

They could have waited a couple weeksand freed up more space, since it is the middle of may. They can even get past the idea that you are limiting his options by saying we are trying to trade him, and give him permission to shop himself around. Then, when no one makes a trade, other teams know he is available and can start planning, yet give him the chance to test the waters and talk to teams.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                        I get that he was injured/ineffective a lot, but where does the lazy talk come from? Is that actually based on anything?
                        He was one of several players a couple of years ago who admitted in a UT article that they could have come into camp in better shape. There was a follow up one last year that says he was in better shape, but that also implies that he probably didn't do a lot of extra work on his own to get his technique back on track.

Franklin was viewed by many as being the best FA OG/OL the year he was a FA. He was considered a high risk guy because of his inconsistency at both OG and OT for Denver. Following the form of many top dollar FA, he really never played well after getting the signing bonus.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          If he isn't a June 1st cut, then it is a effort to get him off the books quickly.

They could have waited a couple weeksand freed up more space, since it is the middle of may. They can even get past the idea that you are limiting his options by saying we are trying to trade him, and give him permission to shop himself around. Then, when no one makes a trade, other teams know he is available and can start planning, yet give him the chance to test the waters and talk to teams.
                          Probably a good move. Just get him off the books.

His numbers on OTC were different leading up to today. Looks like they updated the pre and post J1 numbers. He was a 7M saving post June 1st earlier this week.

Comment

Working...
                          X