• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Yeah, Denver let him walk then took an OT with their first pick.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

This video kind of sums him up for me. This is probably his best game as a charger. It is just all of Gordon's touches. But you watch every play, he becomes less and less effective as the game goes on. He starts off firing off low, making good fits on his run blocks and getting good movement in the run game. But then he starts standing up, and he can't keep leverage, and then he gets less and less effective. It gets better after he gets chance to catch his breath at halftime.

Maybe it is all conditioning, maybe it is just a lack of toughness. Watch Slausson to see how it should be done. He is not as talented, and he has to just lock on and out tough his guy a lot, but the guy finishes blocks. HE could play a bit lower too, but his footwork is decent, he starts off low (then drifts a bit high on some plays). He is not nearly as athletic or nimble in space, and the guy cannot run.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201609...240&tab=videos

This video kind of sums him up for me. This is probably his best game as a charger. It is just all of Gordon's touches. But you watch every play, he becomes less and less effective as the game goes on. He starts off firing off low, making good fits on his run blocks and getting good movement in the run game. But then he starts standing up, and he can't keep leverage, and then he gets less and less effective. It gets better after he gets chance to catch his breath at halftime.

Maybe it is all conditioning, maybe it is just a lack of toughness. Watch Slausson to see how it should be done. He is not as talented, and he has to just lock on and out tough his guy a lot, but the guy finishes blocks. HE could play a bit lower too, but his footwork is decent, he starts off low (then drifts a bit high on some plays). He is not nearly as athletic or nimble in space, and the guy cannot run.
        I'm sure conditioning was a huge part of it. The guy was hurt almost non-stop for his time here, which I'm sure severely limited his practice time. The irony was how durable he was in Denver before coming here.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Just look at him run. Wether hes hurt or just severely out of shape and unathletic...he runs like an old man with a shit in his diaper. Get out already.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            Yeah, Denver let him walk then took an OT with their first pick.
            sometimes that's what it all bolles down to.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

Three starters from last years team cut. I don't like making Okung the highest paid LT but, hey, LT's don't grow on trees.This line needed WHOLESALE changes. love the moves so far

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Well we really have a line with drafted talent in the top 3 rounds now. Time to put a young line together that can grow into hopefully something special. Not too sure about our tackles but maybe Lamp will show he can take a RT spot and that lets our inside be a battle of youth and Slausen to create a good inside presence.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Tijuana
                  • Send PM

My dream OL (assuming they all earn those spots) is Okung - Feeney - Tuerk - Slauson - Lamp

I don't know if Slauson can play RG or Feeney LG but I'd prefer Slauson between two "rookies"

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Just look at him run. Wether hes hurt or just severely out of shape and unathletic...he runs like an old man with a shit in his diaper. Get out already.
                    I don't care how well he runs, but the guy just doesn't maintain blocks often enough or blow people off the ball. Slausson can't run either, but once he gets his hands on a guy, they guy stays blocked (mostly).

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm sure conditioning was a huge part of it. The guy was hurt almost non-stop for his time here, which I'm sure severely limited his practice time. The irony was how durable he was in Denver before coming here.
                      Conditioning is an issue in getting hurt. When you get that big, don't do your conditioning, you suffer more muscle pulls and strains. Muscle pull and the stronger of each pair will dominate, causing the muscles to work out of wack. Conditioning is not just about being able to run.

I think the big thing was he was just focused on getting the big deal, and when that happened he just stopped. Sure, he didn't give up completely, but once the edge is gone.......

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I don't care how well he runs, but the guy just doesn't maintain blocks often enough or blow people off the ball. Slausson can't run either, but once he gets his hands on a guy, they guy stays blocked (mostly).
                        Well at any rate im glad hes gone. I think smaller athletic guards are what this team needs.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

I'm glad he's gone too. I thought he took too many reps that could have gone to Wiggins, Pulley, .... he'll anyone else who might have benefitted from more playing time. But we kept puttiing him back into the lineup, he wasn't playing well, and he just took reps from everyone else, all of whom were playing better than he was.

Before anyone says anything, I realize Wiggins and Pulley are probably nothing special. The point is just that overall anyone else would have benefitted from the playing time more and gotten better results for the team (and been cheaper).

Comment

Working...
                          X