• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Evidently Franklin was a June 1st cut.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

I still wonder if Donovan Clark figures into the mix. It would be nice to get an update on him.

I thought Franklin tried to be good unlike Gaither. But both of them are behind us now. On to better things.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
        I still wonder if Donovan Clark figures into the mix. It would be nice to get an update on him.

I thought Franklin tried to be good unlike Gaither. But both of them are behind us now. On to better things.
        I thought Clark was decent last preseason. I think he's got a solid shot at the 53 and I actually wouldn't be surprised seeing him as a default starter early in training camp since he's been in the system longer than either of the rookies. Of course that would only be temporary but who knows, maybe he doesn't lose it.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          He was one of several players a couple of years ago who admitted in a UT article that they could have come into camp in better shape. There was a follow up one last year that says he was in better shape, but that also implies that he probably didn't do a lot of extra work on his own to get his technique back on track.

Franklin was viewed by many as being the best FA OG/OL the year he was a FA. He was considered a high risk guy because of his inconsistency at both OG and OT for Denver. Following the form of many top dollar FA, he really never played well after getting the signing bonus.
          ahhhh. okay. I remember now. Luiget was one of those guys too. Maybe he was coming off of surgery's as well. I imagine having surgery's can slow your roll.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• madcaplaughs
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Kind of surprised by Franklin cut. Thought it would be nice to have some depth for once. He must have looked really bad in minicamp.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Fluent in Sarcasm
              • Jun 2013
              • Iowa
              • Man of the People
              • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
              Kind of surprised by Franklin cut. Thought it would be nice to have some depth for once. He must have looked really bad in minicamp.
              I think it's just a matter of cheaper, younger guys creating a logjam on the interior. He had 2 seasons to show what he could do and it was a disappointment. I feel very confident that between Slauson, Lamp, Feeney, Tuerk, Pulley, and Clark we can find 3 starters on the interior that will be an improvement over what we saw there last year. It may not feel that way early in the season as the unit gels and the rookies/ 2nd year guys are still on the learning curve but this unit definitely has me feeling optimistic for the first time since LT was here.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Thanks to Anthony Lynn for his leadership. This doesn't happen without his approval. And it sends a message, produce or be gone.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

How long can we afford to keep up with an overpaid, underperforming OG?

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2017
                    • Send PM

They assigned a june 1st designation, team saves 2.5 million
                    Last edited by bolts4lyfe; 05-15-2017, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by bolts4lyfe View Post
                      They assigned a june 1st designation, team saves 2.5 million
                      More realistically, they deferred the cap hit for a year.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• antonio.grillo.n
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
                        I have the feeling that we'll have the exact same thread about Okung in 2 years. No more high price FAs, next draft get a OT and build inhouse
                        Me too. I don't think Denver would let him go the way they did for no reason. Dude is another lazy body.

Enviado de meu Moto G Play usando Tapatalk

Comment

• Big Dog
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by antonio.grillo.n View Post
                          Me too. I don't think Denver would let him go the way they did for no reason. Dude is another lazy body.

Enviado de meu Moto G Play usando Tapatalk
                          Franklin underachieved and was inconsistent but he was not lazy like Gaithers.

In fact he got us a TD last year when he hustled 40 yards down the field and pushed Gordon and the whole pile into the end zone, when it looked like he was stopped, big hustle play.

http://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/showthread.php?15764-Orlando-Franklin-hussle-play-on-T-Williams-TD&highlight=Franklin+hustle

Also, usually first OL guy into the end zone on TD celebrations.

Lazy was not the problem, but I agree Lamp is an upgrade and so is Feeney and both are cheaper.
                          Last edited by Big Dog; 05-16-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X