• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yubaking
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
    Well, that's a good point. They also have shitholes in their stadium. And a sewage issue.
    The last time I left that dump was after our 2006 opener, a beautiful 27-0 sack festival. Their fans felt completely demoralized. It was a thing of beauty.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
      I have never driven or even been a passenger in a lifted truck, so I don't think that's it. I think it is much simpler than what you are making it. I am a nice guy (really), but also a pretty competitive guy. What it means is that I defend my positions pretty forcefully and defend against personal attacks against me pretty forcefully as well, but I also admit when I am wrong as I was about our offense, which is a sign (I think) that I do not come from a place of insecurity.
      As I've pointed out to a few others who are regularly beaten up here, it's a public forum and everyone is entitled to opine about topics. But you can't be surprised why your "competitive" style of posting gets the reactions they do. Every topic is not black or white, especially for someone's opinion. The what if game is interesting for a little while, but not in every topic. A good debate can be interesting, but at some point you just gotta agree to disagree.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Holy crap! That's awesome! Where did you find that cartoon sketch?!
        I've seen it posted on a few other forums where discussions got heated and it cracks me up every time I see it.

Comment

• Boltergeist
          Pesky apparition
          • Jun 2013
          • Baja Oklahoma
          • Send PM

John Jefferson.
          If there had been an internet, I would have gone totally Yubaking on Klein after that trade. OTOH, I was 15.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

1. The Chiefs were fortunate today. Yes, they won. But they played Tennessee without Locker, and were absolutely gifted a late hit on Alex Smith along the sideline that kept a drive alive...it would have been 4th down. (and they scored a td on a muffed punt). That team isn't that good. They beat Philly(wins over Washington and Giants), Jacksonville(0 wins), the Giants(0 wins), Dallas by 1 at home, and this game. I do NOT believe in them, at all. but they keep winning.

2. Denver's offense is amazing...but that defense is suspect. I agree with what others have written here...control the ball, control the clock...keep the ball away from them. You don't give up 500 yards passing and 5 TD's to the Cowboys and consider yourself a good defense. They are borderline awful.

I'm actually feeling hopeful. Please, don't lay an egg in Oakland.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
              1. The Chiefs were fortunate today. Yes, they won. But they played Tennessee without Locker, and were absolutely gifted a late hit on Alex Smith along the sideline that kept a drive alive...it would have been 4th down. (and they scored a td on a muffed punt). That team isn't that good. They beat Philly(wins over Washington and Giants), Jacksonville(0 wins), the Giants(0 wins), Dallas by 1 at home, and this game. I do NOT believe in them, at all. but they keep winning.

2. Denver's offense is amazing...but that defense is suspect. I agree with what others have written here...control the ball, control the clock...keep the ball away from them. You don't give up 500 yards passing and 5 TD's to the Cowboys and consider yourself a good defense. They are borderline awful.

I'm actually feeling hopeful. Please, don't lay an egg in Oakland.
              Oops!

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Opera singer and web developer.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
                I don't like kneel-downs, does that mean I don't like football? It's a part of the game but a crappy part (IMO).
                I guess I meant to say I like the old-school game -- chess game with 300-pound men, 7-3 defensive classic, etc., not the arena league style the game is headed towards. It's exciting, yes, but in these shootouts strategy goes out the window in favour of a track meet.
                Adipose

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                  I guess I meant to say I like the old-school game -- chess game with 300-pound men, 7-3 defensive classic, etc., not the arena league style the game is headed towards. It's exciting, yes, but in these shootouts strategy goes out the window in favour of a track meet.
                  That's what the owners want which is why the rules protecting offensive players are what they are now. You won't sustain success without a good offense in the league anymore.

Score points, get takeaways is the recipe for success. Too bad our d has no playmakers and our offense has made too many mistakes in the losses.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    And please, bitching and moaning about when the gameday thread gets started...
                    You call that bitching and moaning?
                    Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                      Kneeling down is a brilliant strategic ploy? It's just boring and makes for bad endings.
                      The players in Arena Ball are not as good, and I don't like that it's indoors and only half a field. Plus the San Diego Chargers aren't in that league, so I don't follow it.
                      I like football. I just don't like everything about it. Kneeldowns suck. So do field goals and punts.
                      Kneeldowns are great when its your team doing them. Field goals, punts, kick offs, drop kicks, safeties, fullback dives, and naked bootlegs, etc., all great.
                      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                        How many interceptions did Freeney cause?
                        How is this relevant to my comment?
                        Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Send PM

I have never driven or even been a passenger in a lifted truck, so I don't think that's it. I think it is much simpler than what you are making it. I am a nice guy (really), but also a pretty competitive guy. What it means is that I defend my positions pretty forcefully and defend against personal attacks against me pretty forcefully as well, but I also admit when I am wrong as I was about our offense, which is a sign (I think) that I do not come from a place of insecurity.
                          The fact that you feel the need to respond to every single challenge, question, comment, etc., speaks volumes.
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X