Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
    I'm not usre the new coaching staff understands the rivalry. This loss reflects badly on both the coaches and the team leadership, or lack there of.
    Pagano's been here, as have a few other coaches. (Ollie Wilson, who else?) McCoy was in Denver, and they sure as hell understand that rivalry.

You think the ultra-late start maybe had something to do with it? They looked sluggish. They've been training all year to handle the early east coast starts and now they get this ridiculously late start thrown at them. That seems more of a plausible explanation than "the coaches don't understand the rivalry"!
    Adipose

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

The lack of a sense of urgency, the sluggish and flat start led me to that belief. I'm not in SD anymore, but here on the board we get fired up for Raider week. I wonder how it was all week in SD? Does the local media get fired up and hype Raider week? Does our team leadership emphasize the rivalry? Beyond this being just another divisional contest does anyone but us step it up for Raider week?

Considering the late start was within there own time zone I think my explanation is just as plausable as yours.
      sigpic

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
        The lack of a sense of urgency, the sluggish and flat start led me to that belief. I'm not in SD anymore, but here on the board we get fired up for Raider week. I wonder how it was all week in SD? Does the local media get fired up and hype Raider week? Does our team leadership emphasize the rivalry? Beyond this being just another divisional contest does anyone but us step it up for Raider week?

Considering the late start was within there own time zone I think my explanation is just as plausible as yours.
        Perhaps, but here's the real reason we lost: I had been wearing my Chargers hoodie all day long. After the Cowboys-Donkeys game, I went to bed. I got 3 restless hours of sleep before I woke to watch the Chargers-Raiders. I did not want to wake my fiancee, so I left the lights off and wore headphones. I didn't notice that I had neglected to put my Chargers hoodie back on, and instead I was wearing black undies and a black t-shirt. I am to blame for the loss far more than the coaching staff!
        Adipose

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
          Perhaps, but here's the real reason we lost: I had been wearing my Chargers hoodie all day long. After the Cowboys-Donkeys game, I went to bed. I got 3 restless hours of sleep before I woke to watch the Chargers-Raiders. I did not want to wake my fiancee, so I left the lights off and wore headphones. I didn't notice that I had neglected to put my Chargers hoodie back on, and instead I was wearing black undies and a black t-shirt. I am to blame for the loss far more than the coaching staff!
          You wore black during a Raider game? How could you????

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            You wore black during a Raider game? How could you????
            It was 4:30am! It was dark! I was groggy! I didn't notice until just after the game that I wasn't wearing my hoodie. Mea culpa! Mea maxima culpa!
            Adipose

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

It was 4:30am! It was dark! I was groggy! I didn't notice until just after the game that I wasn't wearing my hoodie. Mea culpa! Mea maxima culpa!
              :ban::smile:
              sigpic

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

It's my fault. I've gone 0-5 with the Chargers in my football pool. 0-2 when I've picked against them (Eagles, Cowboys) and 0-3 when I have picked them to win (Texans, Titans, Raiders).

I'm picking against them for the rest of the season now. Super Bowl here we come!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Et tu Panama?
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                    It's my fault. I've gone 0-5 with the Chargers in my football pool. 0-2 when I've picked against them (Eagles, Cowboys) and 0-3 when I have picked them to win (Texans, Titans, Raiders).

I'm picking against them for the rest of the season now. Super Bowl here we come!
                    I picked them to lose each of the first four, which were all close. Picked them to win week 5. My Bad.
                    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Working...
                    X