• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
    As I stated, my marks were the ones I would assign if I were forced issue grades at this point, which I agree is premature.

As for my additional comments about the context in which each player was selected, that is a grading of the drafting and not solely a grading of the player. It does make a difference that we gave up our 2nd and 4th to get Te'o versus only giving up our 2nd to get him. In terms of how well we drafted, it does matter that there was a player at a position of huge gaping hole need (NT) that was rated very highly when we chose Allen, who was also highly rated, but not at a position of huge need at the time we drafted. Also, the draft class was deep in RBs, so why not give one a look in the 6th or 7th round? We need a co-#1 RB more than we need a #3 QB. Similarly, we could have gone with a defensive lineman, where we were very weak. And that matters when grading the draft and not just the player.

I definitely do not think it is going beyond the scope of the thread as the thread itself speaks of grading the draft, which involves the player taken, but also a look at which players we could have taken.
    Are you joking? You can't grade a draft by who or what possition YOU think we should have drafted. Nobody is asking that so yes it is going beyond the scope. Try to stay on topic... For which this topic is lame because it is way too premature.
    Nobody asked who or what we should have drafted.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-10-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Nobody asked who or what we should have drafted.
      Tubaking: Junior GM.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I guess I should of title it grading the 2013 draft 5 games in, and I agree that to do a complete grade you look at the end of 3 years. I started the thread because I am looking at where we at currently, and it shows we have some young players we can build with, this team is lacking a lot, and we don't have a lot of solid players let alone Pro-Bowl level other than Rivers, Gate, and Weddle (haven't seen it yet this season). So I was just looking at where we are with the 2013 draft picks that we can build off.

The season is breaking bad fast, I am looking to the future

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

An evaluation of how the rookies have played to date is appropriate, but a draft 'grade', which is a GM evaluation, is just premature. GMs don't typically draft for a short term fix. Even then, what does a letter grade mean anyway...do we grade this on a curve, or is it subject to what is a fuzzy measurement of performance?

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            You usually grade a draft class after 3 years so this is too soon and id also say this is going to be a good class overall.
            ^This^. People starting Draft grading posts like this now are just bored- or looking to stir some shit.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• SFW
              PB Official Game Thread Starter
              • Jul 2013
              • NY
              • USMC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              ^This^. People starting Draft grading posts like this now are just bored- or looking to stir some shit.
              I don't think OhioBolt was trying to stir shit at all (maybe bored) but I do think posters that look for opportunities to stir shit see threads like this and pounce on the opportunity.
              Last edited by SFW; 10-10-2013, 06:48 PM.
              1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
              2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
              3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
              4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
              5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
              6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
              7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

Working...
              X