• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Andrew Luck

I am old enough to remember when Oliver Luck was a high draft pick of the Houston Oilers. He never panned out or reached his potential in the NFL. But I would say he sure did as a father. As impressive as Luck is on the field, watch him interviewed after the game and I think you will come away even more impressed. A loss, his first time on MNF, a game in which multiple receivers dropped some easy passess. He gave all the credit to the Chargers (and not in that phony mumbly insincere Belicheck way -- he said, Hey they forced some of that, you know), he refused to blame his receivers saying that he also made bad throws and the receivers bailed him out, and generally manned up and answered the questions with class. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc could learn from him. Easy to interact with the media when you win all the time. A better measure is how you respond to a tough loss.

If the Colts make the playoffs, and I suspect they will, I will be rooting for them. And I am certainly rooting for them this SUnday.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    I am old enough to remember when Oliver Luck was a high draf
    t pick of the Houston Oilers. He never panned out or reached his potential in the NFL. But I would say he sure did as a father. As impressive as Luck is on the field, watch him interviewed after the game and I think you will come away even more impressed. A loss, his first time on MNF, a game in which multiple receivers dropped some easy passess. He gave all the credit to the Chargers (and not in that phony mumbly insincere Belicheck way -- he said, Hey they forced some of that, you know), he refused to blame his receivers saying that he also made bad throws and the receivers bailed him out, and generally manned up and answered the questions with class. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc could learn from him. Easy to interact with the media when you win all the time. A better measure is how you respond to a tough loss.

If the Colts make the playoffs, and I suspect they will, I will be rooting for them. And I am certainly rooting for them this SUnday.

TG
    Guess I'm in the minority. I prefer players who are pissed off if they lose.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

I agree with Heatmiser.

Andrew Luck is special. He's exactly what you want as a quarterback.

I also concur with how he conducted himself after the game. Doesn't make excuses and doesn't pass off responsibility.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
        I agree with Heatmiser.

Andrew Luck is special. He's exactly what you want as a quarterback.

I also concur with how he conducted himself after the game. Doesn't make excuses and doesn't pass off responsibility.
        Ditto. The guy - especially for his age - is a classy dude who knows how to handle himself. Not a pouty little biotch like Brady or Brees; or a primadonna like Peyton. Hard not to root for Luck (no pun intended ).

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I like Luck too. I watched the post game conference, classy guy, hope he stays that way.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

Funny thing, I HATED the Peyton Manning Colts.

Now, I kind of like the Andrew Luck Colts.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Fluent in Sarcasm
              • Jun 2013
              • Iowa
              • Man of the People
              • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
              Guess I'm in the minority. I prefer players who are pissed off if they lose.
              It's one thing to be pissed after a loss, another to be a poor sport about it and just throw blame all over the place. I feel confident that he wasn't happy about losing, but he knows it's a two team game and it takes more then one team playing poorly to lose. (Something several posters around here can't quite seem to grasp) The more I watch Andrew Luck the more impressed with him I am. He has all the talent you could ask for, but seems to be a humble guy that realizes just how lucky he is to get to play football for a living. The NFL needs more players with his kind of attitude and less of the primadonnas.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

Agree, but I think part of it was the 'what could have been' factor if Manning had fallen to #2. He always reminded me just how poorly we came out in the scenario.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

I actually watch quite a bit of Luck (my Fantasy QB last season and this) and the guy is great, he just gets it. Not sure if you saw on one of his runs up the middle he actually turns to Liuget and says something to the effect of good job forcing him out of the pocket. Not mocking or trash talking, he really is telling him nice play. You see that with him all the time, he is a special QB and seems to be an even better kid which means something in this day and age. All the Luck to him, I just wish he was in the NFC!
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Lots of reasons to like the Colts....How do you not pull for a guy like Pagano, after all he has been through? They are scrappy and came out of nowhere last year, when everyone predicted they would suck. They have a humble superstar QB. The only thing I don't like is Irsay and the Irsay family going way back. They really screwed the fans in Baltimore when they left. And he needs to stop drinking and tweeting.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Yes - ESPECIALLY this week.

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc could learn from him. Easy to interact with the media when you win all the time. A better measure is how you respond to a tough loss.
                        TG
                        Tom Brady is a dick, but Manning usually shows class in defeat. I've always had respect for Peyton. I've hated Brady since 2005 when we killed them in Foxborough.

Comment

Working...
                        X