• Show
Clear All
  • Wheels
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    Ditto. The guy - especially for his age - is a classy dude who knows how to handle himself. Not a pouty little biotch like Brady or Brees; or a primadonna like Peyton. Hard not to root for Luck (no pun intended ).
    I don't think Peyton deserves any scorn here. He's got my respect for how he handles his press conferences. He had that one issue where he threw his OL under the bus a while back, but otherwise has been very conciliatory in losses. He even got pissed at all this talk about how the Broncos were gonna roll Jax by like 70 points. He's nowhere close to being the bitch that Brady is after a loss.

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Brady's pressers are by far the most entertaining, even on mute.

Comment

Luck seems like a great kid. Exactly what you'd want in your franchise QB. And he's a hell of an athlete. He does have one weird ass voice though.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
          I don't think Peyton deserves any scorn here. He's got my respect for how he handles his press conferences. He had that one issue where he threw his OL under the bus a while back, but otherwise has been very conciliatory in losses. He even got pissed at all this talk about how the Broncos were gonna roll Jax by like 70 points. He's nowhere close to being the bitch that Brady is after a loss.
          I think he's all about Peyton, all the time. It gets to be a bit much...and it's been going on for, what, 15 years now?! I'm over it. Yeah, he's 'PC' enough (unlike Brady, whose a little biotch) but the self-promotion and constant media ball washing - which he hardly shuns - has gotten really old.

Now, would I do that same thing if I were in Manning's shoes? Probably. But then I'd hate me, too.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            I think he's all about Peyton, all the time. It gets to be a bit much...and it's been going on for, what, 15 years now?! I'm over it. Yeah, he's 'PC' enough (unlike Brady, whose a little biotch) but the self-promotion and constant media ball washing - which he hardly shuns - has gotten really old.

Now, would I do that same thing if I were in Manning's shoes? Probably. But then I'd hate me, too.
            I remember when Manning chastised Acee over some stat, I think it was Acee's "selective" method of depicting Manning's record against the Chargers (picking 2005 - 2010 or something). Manning bristled over that and pointedly asking him what was so special about the years he picked. He ended that line of questioning with telling Acee he needed to do his homework. Not sure who I was rooting for in that exchange to be honest.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              I remember when Manning chastised Acee over some stat, I think it was Acee's "selective" method of depicting Manning's record against the Chargers (picking 2005 - 2010 or something). Manning bristled over that and pointedly asking him what was so special about the years he picked. He ended that line of questioning with telling Acee he needed to do his homework. Not sure who I was rooting for in that exchange to be honest.
              Yup, that's the kind of thing I was talking about. Can't put "Mr. Football" on the spot.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Peyton told Acee to get his stats correct.

Acee's stats were correct.

He then said Acee was inaccurate.

But Acee wasn't inaccurate.

Peyton just didn't like that the Chargers had his number for years.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Wheels
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

I think his issue was the date range chosen, and if you widened it, it made Peyton's win/loss record vs Chargers a bit better. He has a reasonable argument there, as Acee probably did choose the date range to begin with the first Chargers victory. I liked that Peyton got all pissy about that, means the bolts had gotten under his skin.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Ancient History:

Peyton Manning gets prickly over questions about the Chargers

It seems as if Colts quarterback Peyton Manning has been sporting his pissed-off puss more often than usual during games. He apparently is more frustrated off the field of late, too.

During a Wednesday conference call with the San Diego media, Manning didn’t appreciate being reminded by Kevin Acee of the Union-Tribune that the Chargers have beaten the Colts four out of five times, dating back to 2005.

“Since ’05, is that a monumental year or something?” Manning said.

Well, yeah. It is. That was the year the Colts were 13-0 and the Chargers went into Indianapolis and beat them.

So Acee added to the mix a 2004 game between that two teams, which the Colts won in overtime at home.

“It’s a preparation thing,” Manning said. “Get your stats correct before you come with this question.”

Huh? Acee’s stats were correct. In the last five games between the two teams, the Chargers won 23-17 in the 2008 playoffs, 28-24 during the 2007 postseason, 23-21 during the 2007 regular season, and 26-17 during the 2005 regular season. The Colts won 23-20 during the 2008 regular season.

Later during the call, Acee chided Manning a bit.

“So, when you were throwing a ball at those kids on Saturday Night Live that really wasn’t acting based on how you tore apart my question,” Acee said.

Said Manning: “I guess . . . it was inaccurate. I don’t know how else to tell you.”

But it wasn’t inaccurate. Acee was right; the Chargers have beaten the Colts four out of five times. Manning could have said something like, “We haven’t played them since 2008 and past records don’t matter. We’ve had a lot of coaching and personnel changes since the last time we played the Chargers, and so have they. So even though we’re both wearing the same uniforms, those past games don’t matter.” Manning opted instead to insist that Acee’s facts were wrong, even though they were right.

It was a rare misstep for the image-obsessed Manning, who always seems to say and do all the right things whenever cameras and microphones are on. Maybe it’s simply a sign of the struggles he’s experiencing as one of the only links to that team that beat the Chargers in 2004.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Who doesn't enjoy a good ball washing?
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        Lots of reasons to like the Colts....How do you not pull for a guy like Pagano, after all he has been through? They are scrappy and came out of nowhere last year, when everyone predicted they would suck. They have a humble superstar QB. The only thing I don't like is Irsay and the Irsay family going way back. They really screwed the fans in Baltimore when they left. And he needs to stop drinking and tweeting.

TG
                        Fuck the Colts. I look forward to one day shitting on old man Irsay's grave. And Luck is a classy guy.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                          Fuck the Colts. I look forward to one day shitting on old man Irsay's grave.
                          Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                          X