Football is over for this season for the Chargers. NFL wanted Redskins to win.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
    This year is only over for the Chargers if you expected this to be a winning season, rather than a retooling season where we get to develop players for future playoff runs.
    This cannot be emphasized enough.

Comment

• Boltaction
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Unfortunately I don't have that many years left. I have Heart Problems. I have already had heart operations to save my life. Living on possibly what most would call borrowed time. But sure wished I could have seen the Chargers win a Super Bowl in my life time. Now I realize it is not important to the the NFL. Only me and those that are stupid enough to support a small TV market team. This new president of the NFL has made it even more important that big markets win. If you don't believe so what. It doesn't matter it's only about making money.

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by LV Bolt Fan View Post
        I'm still trying to figure out the personal foul on Gachkar?
        And the pass interference on Allen

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltaction View Post
          Unfortunately I don't have that many years left. I have Heart Problems. I have already had heart operations to save my life. Living on possibly what most would call borrowed time. But sure wished I could have seen the Chargers win a Super Bowl in my life time. Now I realize it is not important to the the NFL. Only me and those that are stupid enough to support a small TV market team. This new president of the NFL has made it even more important that big markets win. If you don't believe so what. It doesn't matter it's only about making money.
          While I feel for you greatly, having lived with and rooted for this team about 44 of my 51 years on this Earth, for your sake you need to not get that wrapped up in a football team. My hope is they win a Super Bowl in my lifetime but I'm not gonna lament over it, too much else to live for.

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltaction View Post
            Sorry but I foolishly invested in Charger season tickets for over thirty five years, more than nine tickets each season. I realize Archie was right finally this year, and fully expect this kind of treatment from the refs and the NFL. I have watched it for just too may years. I am sure glad I finally wised up, and realized this is just entertainment and making money. Too bad I can't get back the hundreds of thousands of dollars I have spent on supporting this team and the NFL, wished I could leave that money to my family after I die. Sorry if it pisses most of you off. But I have finally come to the realization Archie Manning was right.
            Why would it piss me off? Just amuses me how some react to a loss by displaying such deluded and deranged opinions. While we're at it, I have finally come to the realisation that the world is flat and this Christopher Columbus shit is just bullshit. And man has never gone to the moon -- it was all filmed in a studio. And George Lucas actually filmed episodes 1-3; all that talk about ending the series after Return of the Jedi is just conspiracy talk!
            Adipose

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Boltaction is going through a Den60 transformation. I'm still optimistic, but that officials crew sucked. Someone tell me why Jerome Boger was the Superbowl referee last season?

X-Files Logo:

Comment

• LV Bolt Fan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
                Welcome back to the board Yubaking.
                Way off base, there pal.
                Boltaction is one of the best posters ever on the boards.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

The Chargers lost this game, not the refs. Silly thread.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Opera singer and web developer.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by LV Bolt Fan View Post
                    Way off base, there pal.
                    Boltaction is one of the best posters ever on the boards.
                    He should learn to log out properly when using an internet cafe.
                    Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Refs are your God
                      But they are not God
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Boltaction is considered a "pollyanna" so it's not surprising that he'll try to place blame on the refs rather than the Chargers. :sprite:

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Boltaction is going through a Den60 transformation. I'm still optimistic, but that officials crew sucked. Someone tell me why Jerome Boger was the Superbowl referee last season?

X-Files Logo:
                          Huh? Are you saying he's come to the realization that we aren't going anywhere with this defense? Some of you may be focusing on the play calling at the one and who did or didn't not make the call to throw the ball on second down. I think we can all agree we didn't have our power running unit on first down. But here is what I was thinking while watching the game. We came out and we able to establish a fairly decent running game immediately with Mathews. The Redskins came out and really looked bad early on running the ball (but they were successful throwing it). We stop even trying to run the ball but the Redskins don't and they end up overcoming terrible field position in the first half and a blocked FG (you don't see a lot of short FGs
                          get blocked). Every time the Redskins got near the goal line they run it at us very successfully. But they were 2-5 for a reason, they don't have a good defense and they let us score way too quickly when we got the ball with some 4 or 6 minutes left in the game. They also didn't do a good enough job taking time off the clock when they could have the last couple of drives in regulation. I focus on why Mathews didn't play much in the second half when he was successful early on and has been for the previous two weeks. Washington isn't great at pressuring the QB but they were able to get pressure on Rivers in the second half today and when you do that Rivers is not as effective. Running the ball is a way to mitigate a pass rush but this team gets pass happy at times.

Comment

Working...
                          X