• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

However, Olivier Vernon set the bar for pass-rushers by signing a five-year, $85 million contract that included $52.5 million in guaranteed money with the New York Giants in free agency last year.
    Vernon got 17M per year avg. But the last, biggest paying, year is always iffy if the production goes down.

Ingram got 16.5M per year avg. Plus we're not saddled with that 5th, potentially less productive year for an older player. Plus only 42 M guaranteed. Looks like a win for the Bolts IMO. And Ingram because he'll get to finish his career here. Or even get a big money contract at the end if he's still productive. Everybody wins all around.

Again, I predict an 18 sack season for Ingram. He's talented and the LEO spot is made for sackmasters
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

• Eric D. WilliamsESPN Staff Writer

SAN DIEGO -- Ensuring that he remains with the team for the foreseeable future, the Los Angeles Chargers announced the team agreed to terms with edge rusher Melvin Ingram on a four-year deal.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Ingram's deal is worth $66 million and includes $42 million guaranteed, per a team source. The Chargers put the franchise tag on Ingram in February and maintained that the goal was to sign the South Carolina product to a long-term deal. The Chargers had until July 15 to reach agreement on a multiyear deal.

With 18.5 sacks over the past two seasons, Ingram is tied for 12th in the NFL over that time period. Paired with second-year pro Joey Bosa, the Chargers have one of the best pass-rushing tandems in the NFL locked up long term.

Ingram turned 28 in April, and is likely to participate in the team's upcoming mandatory minicamp at Chargers Park, which starts Tuesday.

Under new defensive coordinator Gus Bradley, the Chargers changed from a 3-4 alignment to a 4-3 scheme. That means Ingram will move positions from outside linebacker to defensive end. However, Bradley says he expects Ingram to be a good fit in his system.

"With his production and his effort, he's just been a highly productive player," Bradley said about Ingram. "I just think for him it's the opportunity to rush more and be on the line of scrimmage more.

"He'll have his times when he has to drop, but the percentage is going to change to where it's going to lean more towards giving him the ability to rush."
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Aint my money so i dont care. Lets just hope he earns it. I doubt he comes close to 18 sacks. He is always a step or two late for the sack. If he gets 12 id consider that a great success since he has only had 10 or more once.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

The big thing is that defenses are going to have a hard time double teaming both Bosa and Ingram. On any given play they can double one of them by keeping a back in, but if they keep a back and TE in, then it starts to get very hard to break down the coverage.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Chargers Agree to Four-Year Deal with Melvin Ingram

Sunday, June 11, 2017 2:11 PM PDT

By Ricky Henne
            Managing Editor
            Chargers.com

@ChargersRHenne

The Los Angeles Chargers placed the franchise tag on Melvin IngramththJoey Bosa
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

And a tackle for loss is as good as a sack.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

After transforming his body in response to injury-plagued 2013 and 2014 seasons, Ingram has been a model of durability and productivity the past two years, starting all 32 games and registering 18.5 sacks to go with solid run defense. He joined 2016 Defensive Player of the Year Khalil Mack as the only players with at least 50 tackles and eight sacks in each of the last two seasons, per NFL Research.

In Ingram and Bosa, the Bolts now hold the rights to an especially disruptive pass rushing tandem through the 2020 season. Ingram is expected to switch positions in new coordinator Gus Bradley's 4-3 scheme, taking on the "Leo" pass rushing role made famous under Pete Carroll in Seattle.

Don't sleep on the more promising of the two Los Angeles clubs. Bradley's defense is chock full of talent, starting with the imposing Ingram-Bosa duo and extending to a secondary that includes cornerbacks Jason Verrett and Casey Hayward, Pro Bowl selections in 2015 and 2016, respectively.

Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Was honestly very skeptical this would get done. Great news and hopefully he continues to improve and play up to his potential.

Comment

• Big Dog
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Will his play drop off or stay the same or get better ?

i think the % split is 50-30-20

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

I give it 0 70 30.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Good. I hope he like football more than this new 'security'.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

I think Ingram has a diva side to him and will want to take LA by storm. I think he wants the attention of being a superstar. I expect him to try and make a lot of noise in LA. Positive noise.

Comment

Working...
                          X