• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
    Pretty close. Replace TT with the Chargers, because I'm pretty sure Den is pissed they hired him too. I wish he would buy his own football team so we could
    all stand in awe of his genius.

:sarcasm:
    He can admit when he's wrong, it's just that it never happens.

Comment

• homeless simpson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Zot View Post
      I think I could handle three starters per draft from TT. Off the top of my head, I don't think we had that kind of production from AJ.
      It's always easier for most of your draft picks to be starters when you're a rebuilding team.

Comment

Sorry for being such a downer, I will try to take a more positive focus. As we get closer to draft time I will become more excited for the future and hopefully become a more pleasant board member. Trust I want this team to be successful just as badly as each and every one of you.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
          It's always easier for most of your draft picks to be starters when you're a rebuilding team.
          I was thinking something similar. That said, of this year's crop, Fluker and Allen would be solid starters with almost any team, and Teo has shown flashes and is progressing such that I believe he could also soon be considered a solid starter on a lot of teams. And I believe, based on the limited sample size we have, that Williams would be our nickle back if he hadn't got injured. (Not to mention the other Williams and Sorensen look like solid depth.) That's a pretty damned good first draft, IMO.
          Adipose

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
            to me, he is going to have to do better than getting us 2 (maybe 3) starters per draft. .
            this is so ridiculous I can't even laugh about it and shows you have no clue on what is realistic and what isn't

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

I stand by McCoy and TT. Its too damned early to say much of anything in their careers here. If I hire someone they dont really become truly productive for many months. These guys will make some mistakes just like any joe. Let them learn, just like a player has to learn. To not is just folly.

Frankly I think you can point to EVERY coach in the NFL and say they screwed up in their decision on plays or how they handled something. Nobody can predict the outcome, even Belicheat with his ways and we KNOW he's screwed the pooch a few times.

I look at this year as a year to watch every game for what they do well. If anybody really expected a serious contender this year they are nuts, so why the heartache when we lose to teams? Enjoy the good moments. They will beat good teams. They will make mistakes and lose some close heartbreakers. Its football and any team can win any game if things fall their way.

I love football so I plan on enjoying this season even though its essentially a season we had little chance at the playoffs.

RTPbolt

Comment

• BoltBalls
                Always keep eye contact!
                • Jun 2013
                • SD!
                • Send PM

IMO frustration is better than depression, and this team is certainly more frustrating than depressing right now. Every game has been entertaining, but the close losses are tough. I still prefer that experience over getting blown out with no hope of winning whatsoever.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

I can't give the coach credit for the team playing well when he makes foolish decisions that cause the team to lose.

I didn't have any serious complaints about the Denver loss or the raider loss. It does suck that division games are the 2 games we were the worst in.

I think McCoy made major mistakes in the titans and texans losses as well as the redskins game. Lesser mistakes in raiders loss and philly win. 3 losses caused by coaching stupidity makes a bad head coach in my evaluation.

And if you are a "fan" who hopes we don't win many more games you should keep that to your self. I can not comprehend that attitude and you lose credibility in my my opinion if your team winning doesn't make you happy.
                  Last edited by BlazingBolt; 11-14-2013, 01:15 PM.
                  migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• BoltBalls
                    Always keep eye contact!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SD!
                    • Send PM

There were backbreaking dropped balls in both the Texans and Titans games that contributed to the losses. That is player execution and not playcalling. The Redskins game is on the playcalling however, but in the end it is player execution that will win or lose the game. The defense completely folded in overtime, allowing them to march down the field for a TD. We would get the ball back for a chance to score if the Redskins were forced to a FG.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

My problem with the Houston game was that we abandoned the running game with a huge lead. Whether there were dropped passes, which there were Eddie royal, does not excuse 3 passes and punt when you need to run some clock. Running game had been pretty effective early from what I remember. Philip goes cold and we keep passing and abandon the run that had worked earlier.

In tenn, we abandon the passing game. It had been more effective than the run, yet in a close game we run run run and do not pass and put our faith in a questionable defense to win the game. Just idiotic

Washington everyone seems to agree McCoy was stupid there.
                      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Ive noticed over the years on this forum that when a poster is against a coach...player...staff member...scheme...etc that they are quick to point out the failures when they occur...but when that poster gets what he wants and his coach...player....staff member or scheme also fails they either say nothing or put on said rose colored glasses and spin the reasons in a positive way.

So what that leaves this board is the same exact bullshit spin on both sides that weve been dealing with for years. We will always do this and it will always be this way. Its borderline political.

Its very rare that you have a poster admit when hes wrong and also dosnt give a shit about posters knowing when hes right about something. But the lengths some go to to gain glory for a right call is disturbing. Especially when it seems they are in complete denial about all the wrong calls they make. We all do it. Its sad because i know a lot of us are even aware that we do it. Not even being aware of it is a true sign of a self absorbed ignorant fool.

What i see a lot of here is just posters wanting everyone to know when they are right about something. And never admitting when they are wrong about something.

Which makes me think that most are not here for the support of the Chargers....but more so for the support of their own egos.

I will make a conscience effort to admit when im wrong going forward and not go out of my way to announce from the rooftops when im right about something.

I realize now its an ugly trait to carry.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Guys, no need to gang up on Den or accuse of him wanting the Bolts to lose, rooting for other AFCW teams, etc. He has his takes and at least he's relatively consistent where he stands. I know he had his own draft preference but to say that he values winning an online argument over the Bolts success is wrong. Same goes for anyone else.

I think we're all dying for a winner here at this point but the process with a new HC/GM has to unfold and take its course.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X