• Show
Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

1st preseason games don't matter...except for health. Bummer about Perryman...hope he can bounce back quickly.

Even the starters don't really matter... neither team game plans for the other team... just some things they want to work on.

Considering the new scheme on defense, and Clemens giving them a short field twice (and a TD) it really wasn't that bad.

Cardale Jones got me excited with his first pass, and then he got me less excited.

Tough to evaluate guys we're going to rely on as backups, when they are playing with other guys who won't make the roster. It's a team game. When they are out there with some of the starters...that's when you start to notice what they are going to do.

So, yes. an ugly loss in pre-season. Oh well. On to the next one.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

I hear the Seahawks are having a parade this morning
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

It's preseason.... everything is treated like preseason... Terrell Davis was very dramatic.... he is a Bronco.... fuck him (dont care about his SD Roots).

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

I thought we looked like shit.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

It's preseason....don't worry, this team will lose plenty of games later. I'm not expecting much with all the offseason distractions moving to a new home can bring.
            yeah, that could affect the psychology of the team to a degree...probably negatively. We sure didn't look motivated last night.
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Wussy View Post
              I thought we looked like shit.
              The starters did not.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Millionaire Wussy commented
                Editing a comment
                Tomorrows starters are today's backups.
            • SteveInCbad
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

What yesterday's game showed is our depth is shit. And since we get a ton of injuries every year, our depth will be important

Comment

• Rugger05
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

First units played well.

Everything else was very underwhelming except for a King and couple other players.

I might have to cancel my hotel reservations in Minny

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Most of our backups are young guys not just learning a new scheme/coaches, but learning the NFL still. Not shit, just not there yet.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Tijuana
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    Carrethers. 5 tackles to lead the DL. Maybe he's not done yet. Looks like he came to play.

otherwise, you can cut about 30 guys right now.
                    What??? he looked awful, pushed around, at some points pushed so hard he wad facing the other way, in one play the running back bumped into him but since he was facing the other way he didn't see him

Comment

• rustybolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2017
                      • Send PM

IMO what this game showed is that the chronic lack of depth this team has suffered from for ages continues. When your number 2's and 3's get blown out like the Charger reserves did then it's a real problem. Telesco gets a lot of accolades, but his draft and FA signings show otherwise. He's in his 4th year and yes there are some quality starters, but championship teams have quality depth behind their starters, something Telesco has failed to deliver. When you add up the score card his misses far outweigh his hits.

This game was a shameful debut for a team that is struggling to re-invent itself. I need to remind people that in SD the Chargers averaged between 50-55K in attendance per game. Even their pre=season numbers were close to or exceeded 50K. At Stub Hub the Chargers tout selling out 27K??? That's half of what they were getting in SD which they said wasn't good enough. Then the actual attendance was only about 21K which suggest some book cooking. Also did you note the typical LA apathy by fans who left at halftime? The stadium was half empty at the start of the second half. In other words, in LA the fans tend to be fair weather. You need to win to keep them. I know I was born and raised in LA. How long will they fight traffic and pay the highest seat prices in the league for a team that doesn't deliver? Not very long.

I find it interesting that had Spanos spent the money he's spending on relocation fees to the NFL and to move the team, he could have had his stadium in SD. Just saying....ya know.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Why we don't suck as bad as it looked - because it's impossible to suck that bad.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                        X