• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Worked for LT. They practice everyday . You act like they need these preseason games while being in the league nover ten years in the same fucking system. These preseason games are mainly for the guys trying to make the team.

Comment

• SDFan
      SDFan commented
      Editing a comment
      my recollection is LT always looked rusty and timing off with his blockers for a couple games each season when Marty held him out. LT even publically said he wanted to get some preseason reps for timing and game speed practice, but Marty said no. No time to go check game logs but I think the numbers show his early production lower when he sat out entire PS.

• Boltjolt
      Boltjolt commented
      Editing a comment
      Ill take that over an injury that takes weeks to heal or be out all season. LT went on to set records and is now in the HOF so i dont think it hurt him. Marty was right is all i can say. Bellicheat is doing the same thing and he has 5 rings so who are we to argue.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Yeah. And Seattle's guys that don't know how to play kicked the snot out of our guys who don't know how to play.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Its the first preseason game....give em time. Rome wasnt built in a day.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        Yeah. And Seattle's guys that don't know how to play kicked the snot out of our guys who don't know how to play.
        What does that have to do with me wanting them to sit it Rivers, Gates, And Gordon and Keenan,etc. ? They went right down and scored on their number ones.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Worked for LT. They practice everyday . You act like they need these preseason games while being in the league nover ten years in the same fucking system. These preseason games are mainly for the guys trying to make the team.
          The skill positions on offense, I have no problem with not playing; although I much prefer a little work to no work at all. The Oline is a different matter. They need the reps to build as a unit.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by rustybolt View Post
            Boltjolt, Reggie McKenzie was hired by the Raiders in 2012. The team he inherited was far worse than what Tom Telesco inherited. He did it in 4 years. He had huge cap issues as well as a lack of roster talent. But then again he knew what he was doing.
            What have the Raiders accomplished exactly? One playoff loss and zero wins since McKenzie took over. There is certainly a lot of hype this year, but it remains to be seen if they have accomplished anything yet.

Comment

• SDFan
              SDFan commented
              Editing a comment
              They succeeded in making their QB the highest paid in football before he earned it
          • Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

What have the Raiders accomplished exactly? One playoff loss and zero wins since McKenzie took over. There is certainly a lot of hype this year, but it remains to be seen if they have accomplished anything yet.
            They are one of my teams on high alert to fade vs the spread this season precisely due to the hype and public luv.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

They are one of my teams on high alert to fade vs the spread this season precisely due to the hype and public luv.
              Yeah, Marshawn Lynch is getting a lot of hype and some are saying because of him, he puts them over the top. Lynch is 31 and was outplayed by Rawls by a mile his last season there. Im not expecting much from Lynch.

Comment

• Concudan
                Bhi craic agus ceol again
                Generous Donor
                • Jun 2017
                • Principal Quality Engineer
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

To play devils advocate...
                They have a very good defense, and we no longer have the luck of Old Al Davis changing the game plan on Wednesdays like we used to.
                So they also have consistency, and a decent coaching staff.
                Lastly, they have a good OL, a good QB and some weapons on O.

This is not the Raiders of the past 12-14 years. This team is one that has to be respected.
                Do they measure up to all the pre-season hype, who can say now? But do the Chargers measure up to it either?

Comment

• Steve
                  Steve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  do they have a good D? They lost their returning interior defenders and were bad against the run. Outside of Mack, they really don't have many good players. And that is with a good offense that lets them play with a lead.
              • Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Concudan View Post

To play devils advocate...
                They have a very good defense, and we no longer have the luck of Old Al Davis changing the game plan on Wednesdays like we used to.
                So they also have consistency, and a decent coaching staff.
                Lastly, they have a good OL, a good QB and some weapons on O.

This is not the Raiders of the past 12-14 years. This team is one that has to be respected.
                Do they measure up to all the pre-season hype, who can say now? But do the Chargers measure up to it either?
                Very good defense? They were number #26 overall, #21 against the rush. Very good against us maybe since we couldn't run on them.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-16-2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

Agreed....this is not the defense of years past for the Raiders...borderline sieve now and its their very good offense that kept them winning. They spent their dough on the offense for the most part. Lynch going to an already good offense is really not addressing a big gap.

Kind of like MW for us.....as much ss I want him there really isnt a big problem with our WRs if Allen is there with our stable of TEs and WRs. Lynch might help in goal line but frankly they were solid with their WRs in the redzone as option 1 already.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Eric D. WilliamsESPN Staff Writer

Chargers defensive coordinator Gus Bradley did not like the energy his defense played with during his team's 48-17 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in team's preseason opener last week. However, Bradley said Wednesday's practice in full pads was much better. "I showed multiple times plays being made and not a lot of enthusiasm," Bradley said. "But again, I think it's being out there for the first time and maybe playing with some guys you haven't played with, and getting a feel for that."
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                    X