• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Three bubble guys fighting for a spot. I like it.

Rookie Nigel Harris led the Chargers with a combined nine tackles. Nose tackle Ryan Carrethers finished with five combined tackles, and rookie defensive end Isaac Rochell recorded five combined tackles, half a sack and a quarterback hit.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

I remember catching a lot of flack when i said Rochell would have an impact in the pass rush department. He allows us to move Bosa to Leo and Ingram to SAM in some looks. I think he will be more than a run defender for us. More than a set the edge type. He was pretty active last night.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Panamamike commented
        Editing a comment
        I was a flack thrower. Liked what i saw last night from him. Still a long way from convinced to put the flack away as per his pass rush ability. I won't put it away yet, but will disarm slowly if progress warrants it .

• Boltjolt
        Boltjolt commented
        Editing a comment
        I missed the first series for both offense and defense so I didn't notice this but the depth chart has Ingram listed at Leo and Bosa at DE on the other side. Then again Rochelle wasn't on the field with those guys.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-14-2017, 05:23 PM.

• Big Dog
        Big Dog commented
        Editing a comment
        It would be nice if someone set the edge...
    • SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SteveInCbad View Post
      What yesterday's game showed is our depth is shit. And since we get a ton of injuries every year, our depth will be important
      so change of city, head coach and defense = same results? Guess it can't be blamed on SD curse anymore, lol
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I hope the starters dont play the rest of preseason. Its so worthless to have them out there
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          I hope the starters dont play the rest of preseason. Its so worthless to have them out there
          I would be ok with that. The games are worthless, however there will be pressure on the organization to win just for public relations. The starters are fine, but the second teams can't have that severe a drop-off in performance.

Comment

• Big Dog
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I would be ok with that. The games are worthless, however there will be pressure on the organization to win just for public relations. The starters are fine, but the second teams can't have that severe a drop-off in performance.
            Only 3 more starters, Oops I mean games, to lose before the regular season starts ...

Comment

• Wada
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2017
              • costa mesa, ca
              • Send PM

Not too concerned about preseason, more so now what with all the changes in towns, head coach & DC and so on. Plenty of work to do from what I saw but thats what ya get in August.

Would be cool if they amped it up agst Rams tho.

Comment

• rustybolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2017
                • Send PM

Boltjolt, Reggie McKenzie was hired by the Raiders in 2012. The team he inherited was far worse than what Tom Telesco inherited. He did it in 4 years. He had huge cap issues as well as a lack of roster talent. But then again he knew what he was doing.

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

I'm sick and tired of the freaking injuries, whats up with this fucking china dolls? what are they eating? are they training at all?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by rustybolt View Post
                    Boltjolt, Reggie McKenzie was hired by the Raiders in 2012. The team he inherited was far worse than what Tom Telesco inherited. He did it in 4 years. He had huge cap issues as well as a lack of roster talent. But then again he knew what he was doing.
                    I know when McKenzie was hired. Telesco had some cap issues too from AJ when he went on a FA spree to save his and Norvs job. He also had a team that lacked talent. That team overachievd in Telescos first year and more talnted teams lost games in the last few minutes last season. This team should have been at least 9-7 last season even with the injuries.
                    Still The Raiders were good just last year, in McKenzies fifth year as their GM, not 4 years.They sucked for twelve years until just last season. in 2015 they were 7-9 which was an improvement from the dumpster fire years prior.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-15-2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      Id be ok with that too. The Patriots with held 40 players from their preseason game. I think thy said 40, may have been 20. I think Garroppolo is the only name guy that was out there. Marty didnt let LT play in preseason. Theres no reason to put Gordon and Rivers and Gates out there either.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Let them play the fuckin games. Geez this is football....people get hurt. Sky isnt falling. I want my team ready and just practicing wont cut it for being ready especially with a new defense.

Comment

Working...
                        X