Remember When I Said We Should Dangle Inman?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

I am torn on this as we need more quality depth all over the place but if we move Inman we will definitely feel it sometime this year. I like Inman and I feel teams should make an effort to keep the home grown talent but if he is an asset that can improve the overall team than it makes sense. I just think we will hit that place mid-season when we say damn I wish we still had him as our fourth wr right now.

take no stock what so ever in the Williams return rumors, I hope he does but he is an out of shape rookie who missed all of training camp. Sounds like a pulled hammy/groin/quad just waiting to happen once he is back and is ready to go.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Agree on Williams, Utah. Hopefully they ease him back real slow when he is ready to practice. They do (for now) have luxury of deep WR core.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

I think this bodes well for Williams return at some point.

AND, I think it means they like Geremy Davis and/or Artavis Scott.
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Concudan
          Bhi craic agus ceol again
          Generous Donor
          • Jun 2017
          • Principal Quality Engineer
          • Send PM

I like Innman. He is solid especially in our system. But if he brings more value in a trade, well that is solid too.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

I'd hate to lose him for the year, but I suspect he"ll be too expensive to keep as a 4th WR next year. That's the only reason I'd consider letting him go.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

The coaches must be high on some of the udfas and feel like we can't stash them. We have a healthy top 3 and we can get some promising upside out of our last two spots and then take the best of both when Williams returns.

Lynn recently came out and said he's looking at what people have done recently and if Inman isn't performing or isn't even on their field, he's the old regimes guy and Lynn will move on.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Also the 5th wr (and 6th) if kept must play special teams.
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post

I like it if you can get something for him. He got 810 yards last year. I'd want a 3rd, or a decent o-lineman, or a good linebacker (either coverage, or middle). Someone like Josh Sitton last year. He was cut due to cap reasons. There should be someone out there who is still decent, but maybe not the best value.
                  No way we would get a third. I think Pittsburgh gave a 5th for Joe Haden. 6th at best for Inman imo but most likely a 7th and that's why I'd also rather get a player in exchange.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by rustybolt View Post
                    Moving Inman would be stupid but in line with how this FO likes to sabotage their team. Allen hasn't played a full season yet in his career. What makes them feel he will this year? Travis Benjamin hasn't shown much since he arrived. Tyrell Williams still drops balls and runs the wrong routes. People who think Mike Williams will play significant downs this year are kidding themselves. Burse is playing hurt already and hasn't shown squat as a WR. So if either Allen or Tyrell goes down who's left? Inman can play all the WR positions. Tyrell and TB are Y and Z WR's as neither can play Allen's X position. If Allen goes down again and Inman is gone, there will be no passing game and Rivers will once again be passing to a bunch of no names. Inman is a very good posession WR. The kind Rivers needs when he needs a quick passing game because of a suspect oline.

Trading Inman makes no sense. They should be trading TB instead.
                    Man you act like none of our players are going to improve. Tyrell has acknowledged his shortcomings and has been working on them. Pulley Is only a second year player who has worked hard and earned praise from his fellow OL. Benjamin has been great in preseason and I link that to being healthy and another year in the system.

UDFA WR Scott has earned a lot of praise as has Davis... so as with many takes you have, this too is just out of line thinking on your part. You are a very negative person.

Inman is a pretty decent WR but he is in the last year of his contract and if Davis and Scott have big potential why not keep them? Inman was also undrafted and is a FA after this year and has been injured all preseason.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-31-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Benjamin was brought in to compliment Allen. When we lost Allen that changed his dynamic somewhat. And it was just a bad year in a new system for him. With guys needing double teamed on this offense Benjamin will get back to why he was brought in here. And thats his deep game. Tyrell is fast but hes a long strider. There is a reason why Tyrell was a top 8 WR in YAC. Hes not getting the yards on bombs. Benjamin will take the top off a D often this year. I dont think im more excited about a player on offense than i am TB. And hes locked up until 2020 i think. The thought of a Desean Jackson type on this team makes me wet. I am not forgetting his struggles last year. But it was out of character. James Jones said this offense was a nightmare for him to learn. And he played in GB in a difficult offense. I would be shocked if Benjamin didnt win a lot of fans over this year. He looks focused as hell. My brother was vip at camp a few days this season and his reports on Benjamin were so good to hear. When he talked with Benjamin the confidence just jumped out to him. I really respect my brothers input with the team. He was the reason we broke the Bosa news before anyone. He was the source.

​​​​​​http://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/...bosa-deal-done

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Benjamin was brought in to compliment Allen. When we lost Allen that changed his dynamic somewhat. And it was just a bad year in a new system for him. With guys needing double teamed on this offense Benjamin will get back to why he was brought in here. And thats his deep game. Tyrell is fast but hes a long strider. There is a reason why Tyrell was a top 8 WR in YAC. Hes not getting the yards on bombs. Benjamin will take the top off a D often this year. I dont think im more excited about a player on offense than i am TB. And hes locked up until 2020 i think. The thought of a Desean Jackson type on this team makes me wet. I am not forgetting his struggles last year. But it was out of character. James Jones said this offense was a nightmare for him to learn. And he played in GB in a difficult offense. I would be shocked if Benjamin didnt win a lot of fans over this year. He looks focused as hell. My brother was vip at camp a few days this season and his reports on Benjamin were so good to hear. When he talked with Benjamin the confidence just jumped out to him. I really respect my brothers input with the team. He was the reason we broke the Bosa news before anyone. He was the source.

​​​​​​http://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/...bosa-deal-done
                        IIRC, Benjamin was supposed to be our new weapon in the return game, and the deep threat. He showed bad hands as a WR and sucked on returns because he was afraid of contact. He's also undersized for taking any prolonged amount of contact over course of a season.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

IIRC, Benjamin was supposed to be our new weapon in the return game, and the deep threat. He showed bad hands as a WR and sucked on returns because he was afraid of contact. He's also undersized for taking any prolonged amount of contact over course of a season.
                          Yeah it wasnt good. And he didnt have those traits in Cleveland or we wouldnt have paid him so much. Thats why i think a lot of it was mental. I expect him to break out. Just my 2 cents. We will see.

Comment

Working...
                          X