Remember When I Said We Should Dangle Inman?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Im excited to see this full offense on the field. We have all the pieces for a hyper-dynamic pass game that has talent in the short to mid range with Allen, Henry, Gates, Gordon and Inman/Williams with TW snd TB over the top. Gordon and Watt are pretty versatile (I think we see Watt getting some plays this year on dump offs) and will keep teams honest against dropping too many in coverage. Having Allen back will help the OL as hes the quick go to and Rivers needs little time to get those passes out. I hope we lead with him on Denver...hes their Kryptonite.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Reality: Inman is currently injured and has not played all preseason and practiced sporadically. He is a good WR, but nothing spectacular. A complementary guy. Teams know there is a log jam at WR on the Chargers and may just wait it out. Chargers are only likely to get a 6-7 round pick for him with chance it becomes a 5th based on his play. Not going to get a 4th round pick or starting or decent back up lineman. But I guess we can dream.

Bears are WR desperate but Inman is not a #1. Also Browns could use a guy like him to help the young promising and raw WR they have. Two potential trade partners.

TG
      Both teams need WR the Bears for sure the guy they were looking to carry the load Meredith done for the season and there other threat Kevin White hasn't been able to stay healthy since being drafted and Victor Cruz is injured again. The Browns same situation Kenny Britt is average at best and Cory Coleman is injury prone with potential other than that they have no receivers. So yes you hit on the head these are potential trade partners. The Browns have a ton of future draft picks and they just traded G/T Cam Irving for a 5th round 2018 from KC, as I said they have picks to give. I would pimp them for at least a 4th round pick

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Inman has ascended each year. And on paper looks like a player that can keep on ascending. Despite the injury in his 3rd year Plaxico Burress had a similar start over his first 3 years. Broke out his 4th year. Hes not 6'5 but Inman has a similar game imo over his first few years. Like draft picks sometimes you sign a young player based on their year over year improvement and prior to them hitting prime. If Tyrell was out last year Inman probably puts up well over 1000 yards. Hes still raw yes but i like his upside. Charger WRs get great coaching. Not from the WR coach....but Rivers. Teams probably value that somewhat.

I absolutely dont trade him for a 5th - 7th. And not for some random back up. Id rather just use him this year.

But i have a higher grade on him than most of you i guess. The idea is to win in a trade. If not then keep him next year as well. Trade him then. Or place the 2nd round tender on him. He costs 2 million. And maybe he improves his stock and gets a bigger deal in UFA landing us a potential higher comp pick.

Comment

• Highboltage
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Wait till just before the trade deadline and a team still in the running for a playoff spot needs someone because of injuries. Desperation makes for a better deal for us and we should how everything is shaking out with our wr group by then.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Inman has ascended each year. And on paper looks like a player that can keep on ascending. Despite the injury in his 3rd year Plaxico Burress had a similar start over his first 3 years. Broke out his 4th year. Hes not 6'5 but Inman has a similar game imo over his first few years. Like draft picks sometimes you sign a young player based on their year over year improvement and prior to them hitting prime. If Tyrell was out last year Inman probably puts up well over 1000 yards. Hes still raw yes but i like his upside. Charger WRs get great coaching. Not from the WR coach....but Rivers. Teams probably value that somewhat.

I absolutely dont trade him for a 5th - 7th. And not for some random back up. Id rather just use him this year.

But i have a higher grade on him than most of you i guess. The idea is to win in a trade. If not then keep him next year as well. Trade him then. Or place the 2nd round tender on him. He costs 2 million. And maybe he improves his stock and gets a bigger deal in UFA landing us a potential higher comp pick.
            We won't get better than a 5th, no way. And he isn't a starter himself so won't get a starter in return. Just just need better players than we have at LB and RG whether they are a backup or not.
            There has to be a 3-4 defense that can use a OLB like Emmanual which is where he fits better than he does for our defense,.... that we can get a player in return for a trade.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-01-2017, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Highboltage View Post
              Wait till just before the trade deadline and a team still in the running for a playoff spot needs someone because of injuries. Desperation makes for a better deal for us and we should how everything is shaking out with our wr group by then.
              have to wait and see how healthy Allen, Benjamin, Twill, and MWill are at that time. If Inman not needed then, see if anyone will trade for him. Only downside is teams may not offer much if they think he's surplus if all our guys are tearing it up.
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• buttkissdick
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2017
                • Send PM

TUTU is Getting the Booty Call Yo

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Oh, I like Inman and have a high grade on him too, Fleet. But other teams try to win trades also. And taking off my Charger glasses, looking at the realities I see a pick that might be a 5th if he performs and is a 6-7th if not. Remember when Bolts traded for Keenan McCardell? I don't think we gave up much. Also that WR from Dallas (cannot remember his name for the life of me) 3-4 years ago. He was a very similar player to Inman and also returned punts. He was acquired for a 7th I think.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• rikardo
                    rikardo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Chargers gave a 3rd and a 6th for Keenan M.
                    For Patrick Crayton we gave a condional 7th
                • Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Oh, I like Inman and have a high grade on him too, Fleet. But other teams try to win trades also. And taking off my Charger glasses, looking at the realities I see a pick that might be a 5th if he performs and is a 6-7th if not. Remember when Bolts traded for Keenan McCardell? I don't think we gave up much. Also that WR from Dallas (cannot remember his name for the life of me) 3-4 years ago. He was a very similar player to Inman and also returned punts. He was acquired for a 7th I think.

TG
                  We gave up a 3rd for KM. I dont see a McCardell type situation. He was nearing the end of his career. Might have even had a contract to absorb. We have done well with Inmans development imo. I think for a late rounder....id probably just hold onto him and this year and place a tender on him next year as well.

I want a player however. Not draft pick. I want help this year.

Comment

• Pointyearedog
                    Humble Chargers Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Golden Hill
                    • Medical Devices Operations
                    • Send PM

Looks like the Chargers kept Inman.
                    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Pointyearedog View Post
                      Looks like the Chargers kept Inman.
                      For now... all it takes is injuries to change that.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

People get all excited on cutdown day, like our roster is set in stone or something. There is really no hurry unless there is someone we absolutely cannot let go, and I can't think of anyone like that.

Hold onto Inman and see how his value goes. Come next weekend, teams like the Bears and Jets will go into games and realize they only have 1 starting caliber WR, and they have to get someone else just to keep from being shut down offensively. Neither of them is going to win much, but there is a point at which the whole offense is just spinning their wheels.

Inman is not a #1 WR and no one is saying he is. But he is an OK 3rd WR who could be much more than that for team with much less. The Jets and Bears literally had no one decent in camp. They have added some talent recently, but all those guys are going to draw is the complete attention of every defense. THe guys they have added are not that good. So, there is a market. Let them go a week or two into the season., and see if they still want to stand pat.

I love the artificial drama that media types have created around cut down day. The Final 53. Bullshit. Every year for as long as I can remember, we have made multiple moves the 1st week of the season, and then a bunch of other moves the next few weeks, before the transactions finally settle down. Every NFL team watches, scouts and follows players all the way through college, and keeps updates on scouting them in the pros, making the adjustments to their files. If we need to go out and look for help, we have a good idea of what everyone out there can do.

The bigger issue is right now, there is just a limited number of guys available who are going to be good players. Some of them have the talent, if the teams can be patient, but there is no developmental league like in baseball. You just have wait until injuries hit and then grab someone and hope they play well enough that they can stick long enough to develop.

Comment

Working...
                        X