• Show
Clear All
  • Concudan
    Bhi craic agus ceol again
    Generous Donor
    • Jun 2017
    • Principal Quality Engineer
    • Send PM

Watching the game highlights; granted that is not a good way to judge such things; and what I saw is the Pats OL is a siv.... Every play it looked like KC had a lot of penetration and was able to disrupt the timing of the Patriots O.

Anyone watch the whole game? How did the two OLs look throughout the game?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
      Game was pretty even through the third. KC offense just had more big plays and put NE out of commission in the 4th.

Unfortunately the Patriots get a free pass to the playoffs every year in their crappy division. This loss wont mean much....glad to see their asses handed to them at home. I didnt think they were really all that great last year but they pulled it out.

Sorry Boltjolt but I dont agree with your assessment of Telesco. While he might not have the same strategy as Bellicheat (trading from a position of power) I think his evaluation of talent has been overall on the positive considering the circumstances with the cap we really just this year got out from under....he hasnt had. Gaither or Leaf or Boston type botch at all IMO and he has brought in very significant talent (Bosa, gordon, Verrett, Hayward, Mebane, TW, Benjamin, Perryman....plus other solid guys for cheap). Sure a few are still question marks but nobody hits on everything and so much relies on the player and the coaches using the players well. Bellicheck has not had to rebuild which is a very different beast thsn just retooling a few players in the same system and philosophy year after year...completely different situation. TT is in year 4 of a pretty big rebuild and I think he has brought a competitive team out...granted I might do a few things different among the OL but honestly he has tried to address it and we seem to have bad luck. The net is I feel TT is dedicated and has put a competitive product out there. Let em play to validate what we have.
      What assessment? I didnt say anything about him not getting talent.I was saying he isnt trade savy and he isnt. He isnt a wheeler dealer type to do what i stated above to end up with Donald. And im not saying he cant be.....he just doesnt do those things.

Im sure Lynn was yapping his ear off to get Cardale which is fine since he was cheap and he could see early that Clemens sucks.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-08-2017, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I enjoyed last night's game. I did expect the Patriots to go on and win the game when things were close, but the Chiefs did themselves proud. I don't think we'll see the Chiefs play to that level on offense every single week but there is no reason why that offense can't be a top ten unit this season. I would go higher than that and say top five but they have Alex Smith as their QB. Now I don't want to sound disrespectful because he just had a big game last night, but can Alex Smith repeat that level of play on a weekly basis, or will he revert to that game manager type level? I suspect most weeks we'll see more of that game manager than prolific passer, unless of course he is going to let it rip every week this season because he knows Pat Mahomes is waiting in the wings to takeover. So it really is now or never for Alex Smith with the Chiefs.

As for the Patriots they will be ok because that is the kind of team they are.

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Ive seen the Pats lose their opener a few times over the years and still make the playoffs. One year Miami or Buffalo beat them 31-0 in the opener. However, Brady being 40, you will hear a lot about him looking his age and wondering if he has hit the wall.
        The last three times the Patriots have lost week one they have gone on to win the Super Bowl...

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

NE will be fine, I'm sure.

KC looked really good. That RB is really good. And you add him with Hill, and they have a lot of speed.

Really creative gameplan from Andy Reid. A lot of pistol sets with TE's in the backfield.

they are better than I thought.

losing Eric Berry will hurt their D quite a bit.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Amendola sucks. Trade them Inman and a 5th for Malcom Brown, then turn around and trade those to the Rams for Donald lol. OK, throw in another player or pick. Then shop Luiget around......hey it could happen with a savy GM. We just dont have one.
            this is not fantasy football. Sorry, but I see 0 realism in this scenario.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
              NE will be fine, I'm sure.

KC looked really good. That RB is really good. And you add him with Hill, and they have a lot of speed.

Really creative gameplan from Andy Reid. A lot of pistol sets with TE's in the backfield.

they are better than I thought.

losing Eric Berry will hurt their D quite a bit.
              NE D is a mess and I do not see much avenue for improvement. They have 0 pass rush. Their starter last year retired, Ealy trade was a bust for them, Rook Rivers IR'd for the season. Now Hightower hurt. They overpaid for Gilmore who has had one good season, and then steady decline. Smoke and mirrors works fine when you play 11 first year starters or backup QBs. If they were in a real division they would likely miss the playoffs this year.

Comment

• Big Dog
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Hill hobbled off, any news on him ?

KC offense went deep a lot more than normal and it worked, speed was incredible and OL was opening huge holes and protecting the pocket... Berry shutdown Gronk !

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
                  Hill hobbled off, any news on him ?

KC offense went deep a lot more than normal and it worked, speed was incredible and OL was opening huge holes and protecting the pocket... Berry shutdown Gronk !
                  Last I heard with Hill it was just cramps.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

this is not fantasy football. Sorry, but I see 0 realism in this scenario.
                    LOL, well it has happened this year. The Patriots being the biggest player have made a ton of trades before the draft and after. Your right though, 0 realism with Telesco.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Go Titans!
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Concudan
                        Bhi craic agus ceol again
                        Generous Donor
                        • Jun 2017
                        • Principal Quality Engineer
                        • Send PM

Raiders o just fisted the Titans d.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                          Fluent in Sarcasm
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Iowa
                          • Man of the People
                          • Send PM

A surprise to many here but Woodhead hurt and apparently done for the game.

Comment

• Concudan
                            Concudan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Which game? Feel bad for him.

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                            Bearded14YourPleasure commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Baltimore and Cinci
                        Working...
                        X