• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charged4Life
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

They have improved in tackling. And even blocking.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Their injury situation seems much better too.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charged4Life View Post

They have improved in tackling. And even blocking.
        And yet the offense, defense and special teams continue to make stupid mistakes in crunch time. The team is healthier and showing zero improvement in the results.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Havnt watched him much. My buddy on another site is all over him. Im leaning towards a guy who can move and throw on the run. Who has a gun. And can make the most difficult throw in the NFL look easy. And thats the 5 yard out from the far hash. Its a tough throw and 2 guys make it look easy. Mason Rudolph and Baker Mayfield.

There is no better deep ball thrower in college than Rudolph. But if we cant protect him...and im convinced we will never have an OL...you need a guy who can move around. I though Jeremiahs comparison of Mayfield to Brees on 4 cups of coffee was right on. Lamar Jackson excites the hell out of me when he runs....but how many mobile QBs like him have had mediocre careers. Hes not the passer Vick was. And Vick never really succeeded.

Here is a good breakdown of Allen.

I haven't watched much of Allen, but I agree with the review that guy has. Maybe some minor quibbles, but the major points about decision making, making reads and his footwork are exactly what I saw in those clips.

The one thing is, and the reviewer doesn't mention it, Allen is still fairly young. The downfield accuracy and the arm strength thing will improve some just as he matures a bit. A lot of college QB are just not accurate downfield, so Allen is not as bad as it might seem. He needs to improve his accuracy on the downfield throws, but so does just about every college QB. I like what I see of Allen so far.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Comment

• Charged4Life
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And yet the offense, defense and special teams continue to make stupid mistakes in crunch time. The team is healthier and showing zero improvement in the results.
              Frustrating.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Right now, we don't even know who will be in this season's draft. Many of the top prospects have some eligibility left, and all of them have things they need to work on. After the bowl season, there will be some of the cut-ups of the full games that you can really watch guys and get a sense of what they can really do. This time of year, you just see highlights, and those are less than worthless.

The thing I like to do is, especially for younger players (who still have eligibility) try to watch any that I find in order, that way you get a sense of how a player has progressed. I can't say that I have been much Wyoming play at this point, but time will tell.

The other catch is that while there could be a whole bunch of top QB in this years draft, there are several teams that could be looking for a QB, and if not everyone comes out...... we may not be in the hunt to get any of them. If that is the case, we might have to settle on an OL, which would break my heart.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

ChargersJacksonville JaguarsBlake Bortles passes with the visitors hanging onto a three-point lead. But after the first interception, the Chargers immediately took a delay-of-game penalty, starting a potential game-ending drive by moving in the wrong direction. Then, on the very next play, rookie Austin Ekeler, who had been having a career day, fumbled when Malik JacksonPhilip RiversTravis BenjaminNFL

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

An aside: I really like Dan Woike as a beat writer. He's good, and he's funny on twitter.
                    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Lynn needs to coach the dumb outta some of those guys. Or just cut 'em and move on.

Or make a video of all the dumbass primadonna shit the players pull and show it to them saying "This is NOT how you play football." Weird culture in the league these days.
                      Last edited by blueman; 11-13-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        Lynn needs to coach the dumb outta some of those guys. Or just cut 'em and move on.

Or make a video of all the dumbass primadonna shit the players pull and show it to them saying "This is NOT how you play football." Weird culture in the league these days.
                        Tre Boston = Marlon McCree

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          BlazingBolt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Funny, one is dumb for trying to advance the ball and the other is dumb for not advancing the ball. Turns out Marlon was right, he just needed to protect the ball better. Don't take a knee when the game isn't over.
                      • Attack
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2017
                        • Send PM

If/when Whiz is released, which probably would be after the season or with a few games left, I'd like to see Chud hired as his replacement. The whole staff in Indy will get the axe at season's end, so he'll be free. Chud has a very good track record as an offensive coordinator throughout his career.

Comment

Working...
                        X