• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
    So when Mathews runs for over 100 yards with our line, then the other team is playing uninspired ball?
    If our backup linemen were blowing their starting players off the line and then Mathews was hitting them and driving them back another 3,4,5 yards after contact on seemingly ever run, than yeah.

Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      If our backup linemen were blowing their starting players off the line and then Mathews was hitting them and driving them back another 3,4,5 yards after contact on seemingly ever run, than yeah.
      To me, them getting blown back after the hit is purely tackling technique, not lack of effort. The RBs all year long have been getting under our tacklers' pads and winning the leverage game. I almost never see a tackle at or below the knees, unless it's Weddle. Our OL have been winning the LOS battles enough for Mathews and Woodhead to run for decent averages. Mathews for the six games prior to last game was averaging 5 yards/carry. So the OL must be winning the battles. Thus, are the opposing Ds playing with lack of effort?

Of course not.

Frankly, I just did not see a problem with effort yesterday. Technique sucked, yeah. They got tired at the end. Yeah. But effort was pretty darn good, I thought. Just my opinion, though.

Comment

• Charged up
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
        Offense let us down big time today. Let's also give credit where credit is due. Forget about stats or whatever, that is easily the best defense we have faced all year.

Vontaze Burfict was a monster out there. Shame we couldn't have taken a 7th round flier on the guy.

I was lobbying but i couldn't get anyone here on the bandwagon.

Proves that 40 times are way overrated. He ran like 4.8 or 4.9. that with his off field issues was the reason why he was undrafted.
        Last edited by Charged up; 12-03-2013, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdog View Post

Glenn was one of those who stated that Bolts were emotionally flat for this game. He said he saw that while on the Chargers' sidelines and it got worse as the game went on. Having our OL and DL get dominated as they did didn't help.
          I wonder what impact a pretty empty stadium had on a team playing for a playoff spot and just coming off a big comeback road win against a one loss team?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            When the other team is pushing our best young defensive players all over the field with 2 backup lineman, again, I see an uninspired effort.
            Does that mean the kids weren't trying? Or does it mean that 'our best young players' aren't quite as good as we thought? Liuget has had a few moments this year, but hasn't been much more than average overall. Reyes has clearly regressed. Thomas is getting blown off the ball every week. Ingram hasn't played. Te'o is mocha and while he shows the ability to be in the right place many times, he is getting swallowed up vs the run with some regularity. Butler has not been the same player to the point that some here don't believe he is worth extending. Did you want to review our "depth?"

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charged up View Post
              I was lobbying but i couldn't get anyone here on the bandwagon.

Proves that 40 times are way overrated. He ran like 4.8 or 4.9. that with his off field issues was the reason why he was undrafted.
              I believe I started a thread on him and advocated taking a flier on him when his stock fell. Was told his off-field stuff was too zany. Similarly, I advocated trying to trade for Josh Gordon earlier this year and that was met with similar ridicule.

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                I believe I started a thread on him and advocated taking a flier on him when his stock fell. Was told his off-field stuff was too zany. Similarly, I advocated trying to trade for Josh Gordon earlier this year and that was met with similar ridicule.
                But you wanted to trade Rivers for him! :smile:
                sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Does that mean the kids weren't trying? Or does it mean that 'our best young players' aren't quite as good as we thought? Liuget has had a few moments this year, but hasn't been much more than average overall. Reyes has clearly regressed. Thomas is getting blown off the ball every week. Ingram hasn't played. Te'o is mocha and while he shows the ability to be in the right place many times, he is getting swallowed up vs the run with some regularity. Butler has not been the same player to the point that some here don't believe he is worth extending. Did you want to review our "depth?"
                  Must be why he gets to the ball carrier so latte.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Opera singer and web developer.
                    • Send PM

What makes you think that was due to lack of effort?
                    Yeah, this lack of effort talk is ridiculous!

I suppose Rivers wasn't really giving it his all when scrambling for first downs when his patchwork O-line started to leak and receivers couldn't get open downfield.

I suppose the patchwork O-line wasn't putting in an effort when this bunch of scrubs battled, mostly successfully, against one of the best front 7s in the league.

I guess Mathews wasn't running hard, and there was no effort from Green on his big TD.

I guess our maligned secondary wasn't playing hard and with a certain degree of pride in limiting one of the best sets of skill players in the league. In particular, I guess Marshall wasn't playing hard and showing Cox how it's done, especially in the tackling department.

No, the effort wasn't there! It's not as if we weren't playing a division leading team that has one of the best defenses in the league and is loaded at the skill positions, no.

I think the real lack of effort this week is from the fans: pathetic in-game participation and post-game analysis.
                    Adipose

Comment

Working...
                    X