• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Eagles have Sturgis and Elliot. They wont keep both once Sturgis comes back. Id go after the one they dont keep in the offseason. Sturgis is a UFA so if they sign him we can go after Elliot.

Comment

• Maverick
      (Coryellian)
      • Jun 2013
      • Point Loma
      • Send PM

I'll admit I was excited when we picked up Rose, but that had to be the worst-looking FG attempt I've ever seen. Almost a fire-able offense, it was so ugly....geez.
      It does seem as though we are kicker-cursed....among our other numerous curses, that is.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Eagles have Sturgis and Elliot. They wont keep both once Sturgis comes back. Id go after the one they dont keep in the offseason. Sturgis is a UFA so if they sign him we can go after Elliot.
        This thought crossed my mind. The problem is do they bring both back and cut someone at the end of camp to protect themselves in case of injury? If that happened, We couldn't wait that long and hope we sign whoever is cut.

I didn't get the reason for cutting Lambo in the first place, but never in my wildest dreams did I think it would backfire this badly.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          I didn't get the reason for cutting Lambo in the first place, but never in my wildest dreams did I think it would backfire this badly.
          Someone besides the HC had to be the scapegoat for losing the the Browns. His over-the-top fan-boy encounter with SeaBass could have pissed off players on the team as well... Kickers don't get any slack.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Someone besides the HC had to be the scapegoat for losing the the Browns. His over-the-top fan-boy encounter with SeaBass could have pissed off players on the team as well... Kickers don't get any slack.
            Well, we could have used the HC as the scapegoat since we fired him! I know that didn't go over well with the fans, not sure about how it went over with the players. I wish he were still our kicker...

Comment

• Maverick
              (Coryellian)
              • Jun 2013
              • Point Loma
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Well, we could have used the HC as the scapegoat since we fired him! I know that didn't go over well with the fans, not sure about how it went over with the players. I wish he were still our kicker...
              Same...I liked Lambo. Like you, still disappointed that we let him go, especially for the bums we've had to replace him ever since.
              I read somewhere though where he was a headcase in the locker room, so not sure what that was all about, but maybe that ultimately drove the decision.
              Odd to think that a kicker could be so disruptive though, lol.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Sign SeaBass in the offseason
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Bolt-O commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'd be ok with that. Just have to re-tool to a left-footed kicker. He could go for another 5 years.
              • bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post

Same...I liked Lambo. Like you, still disappointed that we let him go, especially for the bums we've had to replace him ever since.
                I read somewhere though where he was a headcase in the locker room, so not sure what that was all about, but maybe that ultimately drove the decision.
                Odd to think that a kicker could be so disruptive though, lol.
                Gotta wonder what was going through the minds of the Chargers brain trust when Lambo booted that game winner in OT for the Jags
                Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post

Sign SeaBass in the offseason
                  I was thinking the same. But will they keep this current fill in? Hes not great. And kickers have a pretty long shelf life if you consider guys like AV and Bryant. I think SJ is the better kicker by far.

Id look at whoever the Eagles dont keep between Sturgis and Elliot. I think they let Sturgis hit UFA.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The other theory was the brainiac marketing department liked Koo to reach out to the substantial Korean population in the LA basin. I don't buy that but some of the stuff that comes from their minds were lots worse.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Koo<Novak
                      Novak>Koons
                      Koons+Rose = Crap

Comment

Working...
                      X