• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    There are at least 6 teams that have needs at OG. Wiggins will be in demand.
    in demand and guaranteed to start are not the same at all to me.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      No one would guarantee it, but you can always look for a team where you know you can beat your competition and probably get a better contract to go there.
      Well....with limited starts and snaps in my career, I think signing with the current team on a short term deal where you know the system is a positive. Is our line so stout as to think the competition elsewhere is less? We also have a track record of onlinemen dropping like flies. You are going to see action even if you were on the PS here to start the season.

Did we we give up low sacks....yes. BUT Rivers gets rid of the ball FAST and led the league by far in throw aways. Our interior run blocking was not exemplary. He will get interest for sure.....guaranteed starting I doubt, and I think staying is his best career move.

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

The offense adjusted to the OL weaknesses with Rivers quicker release and the OL did wel to support that. The run blocking impoved but I think has huge opportunity for growth from keepig the same guys together and Id love another T of skill that has strengths in run blocking....I just am not a Barksdale fan but if its a big cap hit and there are few better options we may be stuck with him. Id love to see Gordon get a good running line...we could take over games.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
          The offense adjusted to the OL weaknesses with Rivers quicker release and the OL did wel to support that. The run blocking impoved but I think has huge opportunity for growth from keepig the same guys together and Id love another T of skill that has strengths in run blocking....I just am not a Barksdale fan but if its a big cap hit and there are few better options we may be stuck with him. Id love to see Gordon get a good running line...we could take over games.
          Not sure what you mean by cap hit.

He leaves $1 mill on the books (dead money) this year (and next) if we cut him post June 1st. But there would be an immediate savings of $4.8 million in salary we wouldn't have to pay, and could use for someone else. Next year the amount would be $5.3 million for cutting him. There is not cap hit, we save big if we cut him.

You point out the bigger issue is that it is hard to find a replacement, and that is the real issue. Not many RT out there who are as good as he is who are not under contract. AS bad as he plays at times, things could be a whole lot worse if we don't find an adequate replacement.

That being said, I did like how Schofield and Tevi player. Schofield got extensive work, but he has struggled when forced to start for extended periods in Denver. I would love to let him compete with Barksdale and see if he can win the job.
          Last edited by Steve; 01-13-2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• CTrout
            CTrout commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree...I thought Schofield showed well when he was filling in. Wouldn't mind having him back in the mix.
        • Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
          Looks,like the consensus is adios Attaochu......he was inactive for a lot of games
          hec i forget he is on the team.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

hec i forget he is on the team.
            I wonder if he remembers?
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I think it's much more that he can't stay healthy. He seems to have battled hamstring injuries his entire time here. Maybe he should take up yoga or something to get more flexible.

Comment

Working...
                X