Clear All
  • MasterOfPuppets
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Tijuana
    • Send PM

Geno Smith anyone? - UPDATE SIGNED

yikes!
    Geno Smith is on track to play for all the teams in the two largest cities in America. According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, former Jets and Giants quarterback Geno Smith is visiting the Chargers. The Chargers need a backup for Philip Rivers, and the options are dwindling fast.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Tijuana
      • Send PM

I made a mistake with the title, looks like we're getting a STD or something :shock:

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Bolt-O commented
        Editing a comment
        fixed it for ya... for real.

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Gwynning_Spirit commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you think it was Mike Vick?
    • bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Geno, Gabbert and Clemens are way better options than Kap

haha

hahahhahaahahahahahaha
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Gwynning_Spirit commented
        Editing a comment
        Clemens should just be promoted to Asst. QB's Coach or something so he can still hang around.

• bonehead
        bonehead commented
        Editing a comment
        True, even if the Bolts cut him he will probably just show up anyway
    • Charger Pup
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2013
      • Send PM

I'm utterly convinced now if Lamar Jackson is on the board at 17 he's the pick.

Comment

• Budsman
        Budsman commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly what I thought. I think Lynn is ensorcled by Jackson. I would bet that of the qbs he’s the only one they take at 17. It’s a Lynn thing. The guy has been around coaches who like mobile qbs as well as saying the same. Jackson is a once a decade talent. There’s a rosen, Darnold or mayfield in every draft. If he is there at 17 he’s a charger.

• Rugger05
        Rugger05 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sadly I agree with this..............

• BoltBacker
        BoltBacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree, but not sadly. If Lynn has the vision to adapt an offense around his abilities the kid has the potential. The big sale for me is he can legitimately sit 2-3 years while Rivers mentors which is huge.
    • Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charger Pup View Post
      I'm utterly convinced now if Lamar Jackson is on the board at 17 he's the pick.
      We're already loaded at WR
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

I just dont see a QB at 17 for us....i think a run on qbs will make for a lot of talent where we pick and DT, LB, OT or safety. I think qb we will do in a year or two...Rivers isnt showing signs of waning and he is excited about the new direction so I think will be around 3 years unless injury bites.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Panamamike commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. I do not see a QBs drafted until at least next season.

• bonehead
          bonehead commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed

• Budsman
          Budsman commented
          Editing a comment
          Remember they don’t draft need. If they have Jackson rated higher than anyone they take him. You draft need in rounds 2-7 round 1 you take talent.
      • Rambler
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • No Cal
        • Civil Research Attorney
        • Send PM

Lamar Jackson is a unique talent. Someone, maybe some head coach with a history in developing running attacks, will see a mobile QB that will prevent defenses from keying on the running back. Maybe a coach who had experience with a very mobile QB in Buffalo, and how that affected defenses?

I wonder if Lynn and Telesco might see eye to eye on this. Tom needs we'll need to draft a QB in the next couple of years. Maybe even one who can play in spots for a few years, like the red zone, just to shake things up from time to time, while watching how Rivers prepares and how he reads defenses.

I don't think they'll actually pull the trigger, because this team seems pretty close to contending now, and they'd want someone who they think could immediately contribute. Still, I think they will be tempted.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Geno Smith sux. May as well keep Clemens. Lamar Jackson may not even be there at 17 and doubt we go QB in the first round anyways.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Geno Smith sux. May as well keep Clemens. Lamar Jackson may not even be there at 17 and doubt we go QB in the first round anyways.
            Honestly a fifth or sixth round QB would have more potential than Geno, he is terrible
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• charger1993
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

No. I rather not have any back up qb and just pick a random player on the team to be quarter back

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Rambler View Post
                Lamar Jackson is a unique talent. Someone, maybe some head coach with a history in developing running attacks, will see a mobile QB that will prevent defenses from keying on the running back. Maybe a coach who had experience with a very mobile QB in Buffalo, and how that affected defenses?

I wonder if Lynn and Telesco might see eye to eye on this. Tom needs we'll need to draft a QB in the next couple of years. Maybe even one who can play in spots for a few years, like the red zone, just to shake things up from time to time, while watching how Rivers prepares and how he reads defenses.

I don't think they'll actually pull the trigger, because this team seems pretty close to contending now, and they'd want someone who they think could immediately contribute. Still, I think they will be tempted.
                Too many read options and he will be on IR. He is built like a twig.

Comment

Working...
                X