• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Eric Williams‏Verified account @eric_d_williams
    Chargers WR Dylan Cantrell has a knee injury and is out indefinitely.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Looks like that bullet came around in a circle and hit Cantrell on its second pass.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
        blueman commented
        Editing a comment
        Shoulda figured. Jeesh.
    • Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Cantrell not going to make this team this year...best bet is PS. Maybe they can hide him on IR with this knee? May be a blessing in disguise. I think Scott will be WR5 if he can also return kicks/punts.

Arguayo has a ton of talent but just completely lost his confidence. If he can regain his confidence, he is a lights out kicker and way cheaper than Sturgis.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        Cantrell not going to make this team this year...best bet is PS. Maybe they can hide him on IR with this knee? May be a blessing in disguise. I think Scott will be WR5 if he can also return kicks/punts.

Arguayo has a ton of talent but just completely lost his confidence. If he can regain his confidence, he is a lights out kicker and way cheaper than Sturgis.

TG
        I read that Arguayo is the only one kicking FG's today

Comment

• Attack
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2017
          • Send PM

The fg kicking game has to be better this year than last, right? It can't get worse. If the first critical, game on the line fg oppty is missed by whoever the K is (thinking it will be Sturgis), it will be like a stake to the heart of the team.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• Rugger05
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I actually kind of excited about watching the back up QB's in preseason.

Can't be any worse the Clemens chucking int sround

Comment

• R2D22
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Some observations from the practice/scrimmage:

NO INJURIES!

Offense looked slightly ahead of defense at this point. The continuity from last year for both shows, and the high level of play today was a good sign that they are picking up where they left off from last season.

Geno looked sharp, mostly going against the 2's and 3's but occasionally the 1's. I'd say he was the clear #2 at this point.

More surprisingly, Cardale did not look horrible. Had a few off (high, low, off target) passes, but he also completed several in a row and had a couple long completions to Andre Patton. This was mostly going against the 3's, but not entirely.

Two players people are sleeping on in the passing game: Tyrell Williams and Virgil Green. I noticed this in the previous practice that I attended but Tyrell looks like he's been working with Keenan. He has stepped it up in the route running department and is getting wide open. Nice moves and lots of YAC. Mike Williams (rightly so) getting all the pub because of the flashy catches, but if TW plays like this during the year, he will make defenses pay for rotating coverage to #13. I am even more positive on our receiving corps after today.

Virgil Green caught a 30 yard slant pass from PR and looked very natural. I think those who're writing him off as a receiving threat are going to be wrong. Period.

They did start Addae at FS today, although Rayshawn was back there with the 1's on PR's INT. Let's just say that Travis Benjamin could have tried harder on that catch and prevented the INT. However, they did make him wear a red penny throughout the entire practice, so maybe he was ticked off at looking like he was at an AYSO practice.

Running game did not stand out, but they were blowing plays dead at first contact, so Gordon and Ekeler would almost certainly have gone for longer runs if people actually had to tackle them to the ground.

Quite a few intermediate passes with good accuracy, but they did not try any bombs to Travis Benjamin; which I was looking forward to after PR apparently torched the secondary a few times at the prior practice.

Forest Lamp - just like at the first practice (contrary to some reports), again worked out quite actively with the conditioning staff in the furthest field. He was wearing pads and his jersey but was doing active agility, if not outright running, drills. He worked up a good sweat and my only concern is that he rode a cart back instead of walking but maybe that's the protocol. I continue to feel optimistic that he will get activated sooner rather than later.

Finally, you're going to hear a lot of hype about Mike Williams coming out of this scrimmage and week of practice. He's making great catches on a routine basis including 2 awesome TD ones today that pumped up the crowd in clear game-like situations. If he can keep playing like this into the season, this offense will be a matchup nightmare for every other team in the NFL.

Check out these live tweets from the practice, feels like you were there:

Comment

• richpjr
                  richpjr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great report - keep feeding us!

• Formula 21
                  Formula 21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Welcome to the forum.

• Rugger05
                  Rugger05 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great write up. Thanks!!!
              • Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by R2D22 View Post
                Some observations from the practice/scrimmage:

NO INJURIES!

Offense looked slightly ahead of defense at this point. The continuity from last year for both shows, and the high level of play today was a good sign that they are picking up where they left off from last season.

Geno looked sharp, mostly going against the 2's and 3's but occasionally the 1's. I'd say he was the clear #2 at this point.

More surprisingly, Cardale did not look horrible. Had a few off (high, low, off target) passes, but he also completed several in a row and had a couple long completions to Andre Patton. This was mostly going against the 3's, but not entirely.

Two players people are sleeping on in the passing game: Tyrell Williams and Virgil Green. I noticed this in the previous practice that I attended but Tyrell looks like he's been working with Keenan. He has stepped it up in the route running department and is getting wide open. Nice moves and lots of YAC. Mike Williams (rightly so) getting all the pub because of the flashy catches, but if TW plays like this during the year, he will make defenses pay for rotating coverage to #13. I am even more positive on our receiving corps after today.

Virgil Green caught a 30 yard slant pass from PR and looked very natural. I think those who're writing him off as a receiving threat are going to be wrong. Period.

They did start Addae at FS today, although Rayshawn was back there with the 1's on PR's INT. Let's just say that Travis Benjamin could have tried harder on that catch and prevented the INT. However, they did make him wear a red penny throughout the entire practice, so maybe he was ticked off at looking like he was at an AYSO practice.

Running game did not stand out, but they were blowing plays dead at first contact, so Gordon and Ekeler would almost certainly have gone for longer runs if people actually had to tackle them to the ground.

Quite a few intermediate passes with good accuracy, but they did not try any bombs to Travis Benjamin; which I was looking forward to after PR apparently torched the secondary a few times at the prior practice.

Forest Lamp - just like at the first practice (contrary to some reports), again worked out quite actively with the conditioning staff in the furthest field. He was wearing pads and his jersey but was doing active agility, if not outright running, drills. He worked up a good sweat and my only concern is that he rode a cart back instead of walking but maybe that's the protocol. I continue to feel optimistic that he will get activated sooner rather than later.

Finally, you're going to hear a lot of hype about Mike Williams coming out of this scrimmage and week of practice. He's making great catches on a routine basis including 2 awesome TD ones today that pumped up the crowd in clear game-like situations. If he can keep playing like this into the season, this offense will be a matchup nightmare for every other team in the NFL.

Check out these live tweets from the practice, feels like you were there:

Thanks man i appreciate this. And welcome to the forum man. Good to have you.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Camp reports like this are just part of what makes this place great! Thanks again Fleet mods and Rolling Thunder for bringing this asskicking place together fir us!
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• R2D22
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Thanks for the feedback!

I was tired of reading accounts from practice that seemed agenda driven and didn't align with what I was seeing.

I'll be back to watch practice on Thursday and I'll be sure to share any additional insights. I know it's just game 1 of the preseason, but looking forward to seeing the Bolts in action next Saturday!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Can someone dig up Gushies old camp report? Fleet?
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                      X