• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
    OK, I'll admit it---I am super-conflicted about this weekend's game.....& likely only Fleet & oip know why.

Even though I grew up in Texas, I was obsessed with the West Coast & ended up loving both the Chargers & the Rams (although I stopped following the Rams when they moved to St.Louis). With the Rams finally having moved back to LA, I may be the only dual-fanship (Chargers/Rams) poster here on this board. I realize this admission could potentially get me kicked out of here, but I had to come clean, lol.

I am actually going to the game, but I won't be rooting against either team....in other words, I am just going with the hopes of seeing a good game involving my 2 favorite players in the league (PR & Gurley). For possibly the first time ever, I may actually be hoping for a tie, which I realize is almost blasphemous.

Makes for a potentially miserable experience either way, but I am lucky that they don't play each other very often.

Please forgive me.......
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      What Rams player are we going to beat down so much that he retires at halftime?
      Eric Dickerson. Oh wait, he'll just boycott the HOF!
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Originally posted by TPB View Post
        Man i used to pretend i was Youngblood in the 70s. Playing football in the living room with my brothers and friends. They had to run past me and dive into the pile of pillows. I had my little Rams jersey. I would literally "Jack" guys up. lol

You know in the 70s....the only youth toy football uniforms we could buy were the Rams and Cowboys. I liked the Rams colors better. So ive always kind of liked the Rams. I dont really dedicate my energy to any other teams. But the Saints became a team i liked a lot when Brees went there.

I have to admit though. When the rams came back to So Cal i felt like i had an NFC team. Then the whole fight for LA bs. Just felt so lame from Spanos.

I am absolutely rooting for my Chargers over the Rams. But will also be pulling for the Rams in the NFC.
        I feel similarly, though my story is a bit different. I grew up on a street called Via Sombras in Poway. My first exposure to meeting an NFL player in real life was this man.
        Billy Waddy lived on my street while he was playing for the Rams. He taught all of us kids the rules of the game and gave us tips when we played Nerf football in the street.
        So while I was already a veteran Charger fan of 8 years by 1981, I always rooted for Billy too.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

I don't mind the Rams. Never have.

That said, I hope the chargers destroy them this weekend.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
            My first exposure to meeting an NFL player in real life was this man.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

The haters will spin a win as good for them. They will spin a loss as good for them. Because the more wins the worst slot in the draft. LMAO. That is what they were saying last year. Then James happened.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

I feel similarly, though my story is a bit different. I grew up on a street called Via Sombras in Poway. My first exposure to meeting an NFL player in real life was this man.
                  Billy Waddy lived on my street while he was playing for the Rams. He taught all of us kids the rules of the game and gave us tips when we played Nerf football in the street.
                  So while I was already a veteran Charger fan of 8 years by 1981, I always rooted for Billy too.

Awesome. Ill most likely end up moving to Kauai after my daughter goes to college. But i do sometimes get the urge to look at properties in Poway. I just wouldnt mind doing the horse thing and be surround by trails.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Cool story!
                    Willie Buchanon use to cycle past our high school football practice and stop by and give us pointers. Being a corner myself, it was really cool.
                    Not as cool though as Dennis McKnight living in the same condo complex as my father( after he and mum split up). Dude was a BEAST......ALL THE TIME! Probably how he was able to kick Howie Long's ass all the time even though Howie was a HOF'er.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

He might as well just get it over with and say Bosa will be going on IR and hope to return later in the season. Thats where he headed imo.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X