• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargerville
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Rams fans are good people. Always have been.

The reason the Rams can afford all the talent they added is because Goff is playing very well and playing on his rookie contract. Even as high as he was picked (he was #1 overall?) he is not getting paid like Stafford, Rivers, Rodgers, Roethesbruger, etc. This formula worked well for Seattle, too. But eventually, Goff has to sign his next contract. And then you have to make some tough choices. Too many superstars on this roster for the Rams to keep them all.

TG

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

They also have one of the richest (if not THE richest) owners in the NFL
        More guaranteed money is no problem for his contract offers.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
          ~ Charger Fan ~
          • Sep 2018
          • Jupiter, FL
          • Send PM

Comment

• FrantikRam
            LA Rams fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Our edge players are average for sure. Ebukam has some freakish athleticism but is still learning how to play the game. But the Rams have one of the best safety combos in the NFL right now. Most fans don't hear much about John Johnson, but he's been one of the best players on D so far this year - which is obviously saying a lot - and he was very good as a rookie last year. Jared Cook beat him a few times in week one, but he also came away with a pick and played much better in the 2nd half. Last week he was dominant. Both Joyner and Johnson can play man to man - but I agree that our LBs would struggle and that for the Chargers, getting the RBs involved in the passing game will probably be the game plan.

Robey-Coleman is one of the best slot CBs in the NFL - so the Rams preference is to play in the nickel. When that happens we're usually going to a more traditional front, and he subs in for one of our average LBs, which makes the defense A LOT better. One reason the Raiders had so much success on their opening drive was keeping the Rams in their base D - the Chargers might do this, but without Henry I don't think that's their best play offensively.

I also like the Rams WR match ups - Hayward is really good but I would trust Woods and Kupp to win their match ups.

I also think it will be a good game and the Chargers are a really good team.

Comment

• FrantikRam
              LA Rams fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Quite a few of the older guys are not going to be here longer than one or two years - Suh, Talib, Whitworth. We drafted Whit's replacement this past year, and potentially Suh's - but the core of this team is mostly re-signed already (save for Peters). And in his case I think we're probably waiting to see if we have any "flag throwing" incidents.

Once Goff has to be re-signed, it's all about drafting and developing. Can't strike out like Seattle did.

Comment

• JRobinson
                LA Rams Faithful
                • Sep 2018
                • Minor League Umpire
                • Send PM

Comment

• JRobinson
                  LA Rams Faithful
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Minor League Umpire
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TPB View Post

Welcome to the forum man. The only thing i can predict based on recent memory in games like this is that Rivers will show up. We have a few weapons on offense. Thats our best trait at this point. We will need 5 or 6 rookies/sophomores to step up on defense. Thats a tall challenge when you have a coach as smart as you guys do.

Should be fun though man. Good luck to you guys.
                  Thanks brother.

Rivers is as competitive as they come, the dude leads by example. I too believe Rivers will show up, but I also believe that our secondary is up to the task.

You guys do have a few weapons, but my focus would be on Melvin Gordon. I feel comfortable and confident with our DBs matching up 1 v 1 with your WRs, but Gordon can do it all.

Best of of luck to you too bud

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

My prediction is that Goff will be brought back down to earth this Sunday.

The Chargers will put two halfs together like the first half @ BUF.

The best Chargers performance of several years will be needed.

34-30 LAC Win.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Play-action

Middle of the field

You know about the Rams corners and how . Where the Chargers will look to do the majority of their work is over the middle of the field. The Rams have average at best in the short and intermediate parts of the field. I would expect to see heavy doses of Keenan Allen in the slot as well as both running backs catching the ball here. With no Hunter Henry, this is a game where Mike Williams will have to make his big frame felt over the middle of the field. Inside runs

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Ekeler and Gordon are weapons in the passing game

Austin Ekeler and Melvin Gordon are integral pieces to the Chargers passing game, ranking second and third among all running backs in yards per route run. Ekeler has been a wildly productive receiver out of the backfield, averaging 4.32 yards per route run and forcing four missed tackles through the first two games.

Derwin the swiss army knife

The Chargers are utilizing rookie safety Derwin JamesCan Rivers adapt to life without Hunter Henry?

Over recent seasons, Philip Rivers has been incredibly productive targeting Hunter HenryCasey Hayward was not only our highest-graded cornerback, but he also ranked in the top-10 in most of our advanced coverage metrics.

No team ran more play action passes on first down than the Rams last year, so the Chargers would be wise to keep an eye out for that on Sunday.

Defending the crossing route

Gurley does it all

Fresh off signing the richest contract ever by a running back, Todd Gurley is showing why he is worth the money. He racks up 1st downs and touchdowns at the highest rate in the NFL, and he is near impossible to bring down at the point of first contact, both as a runner and receiver.

Donald and Suh wreaking havoc

Ndamukong Suh has lived up to expectations through the first two games, pairing with Aaron DonaldMike Pouncey (70.7 overall grade, eighth among centers) will have his hands full trying to contain Donald and Suh.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Thanks for the great links, ninj !!
                          Will check it out later, when I can scrutinize it better.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X