• Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

This game scares me. The Rams have a lot of offensive firepower and missing Bosa and Liuget hurts. Having a beat up offensive line also hurts. We have the talent to beat any team in the league, but as we have painfully demonstrated, we can also lay an egg against anyone. If we bring our A game, we can win but we can't afford stupid penalties and especially no ST screw ups.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

If we contain Gurley I think we have a good shoot, I don't think the Rams are explosive as people think through the air alot revolves around Gurley if they get him going then they are good at play action and keeping defenses off balance when Gurley is on. The Rams have played the Faders and an Arizona team that is probably as equally bad to the Bills who we beat. We have played a q better opponent in KC and we kind of beat oursevles with turnovers, and drop passes. I expect a close game unles Gurley is running like crazy on us.

Comment

• Chargerville
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              This game scares me. The Rams have a lot of offensive firepower and missing Bosa and Liuget hurts. Having a beat up offensive line also hurts. We have the talent to beat any team in the league, but as we have painfully demonstrated, we can also lay an egg against anyone. If we bring our A game, we can win but we can't afford stupid penalties and especially no ST screw ups.
              I agree. One thing I've noticed is, even though as Charger fans, we are used to them being able to come out and lay eggs against anyone (see the 2016 game against the Browns for example), since week 5 of last year, the Chargers have only actually lost to the Patriots, Jaguars and the Chiefs. Hopefully that's a good sign, and a great step in the right direction (as far as taking care of business against the teams you should goes), but it would be nice to win this game against a quality opponent.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Its funny because i find the more i doubt the team the better they play. So part of my opinion about this week's game is based in superstition. lol Thats just the way i always approached my own sports throughout my life since i was a kid. Very superstitious person. I believe i have some mental power to change the course of events in my life. Im whacked.

Yet i am always preaching positivity here. This week its ok to doubt though. Very good team we are playing.We have no chance. Wink....

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Take away what the other team does best.

Stop Gurley and the DTs and we have a shot.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Last edited by 21&500; 09-21-2018, 01:00 PM.
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                      If we had Lamp, Henry, and Bosa in there, I'd feel a lot better about our chances. I remember wondering this off-season how the hell the Rams were able to get all these stars within a salary cap, but they pulled it off and seem to be doing well. Obviously, I hope we do well, I just don't see us winning this one - especially without a pass rush.
                      I am going to attribute our issues to RPO, and that is not Goff.

Also, Pooh Bear to the rescue !
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Chargerville
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Its funny because i find the more i doubt the team the better they play. So part of my opinion about this week's game is based in superstition. lol Thats just the way i always approached my own sports throughout my life since i was a kid. Very superstitious person. I believe i have some mental power to change the course of events in my life. Im whacked.

Yet i am always preaching positivity here. This week its ok to doubt though. Very good team we are playing.We have no chance. Wink....
                        With the Chargers, I wanna be positive, I wanna believe... I really do, but I feel like I just can't give them the type of respect I'd give some of the better teams until they go out there and actually earn it... and in my opinion, they haven't earned it.

I live in upstate New York, and I have friends and co-workers who picked the Chargers to be their AFC Super Bowl representative. I've also seen experts on TV picking the Chargers to make, and even win the Super Bowl. I hear this, all the while saying to myself, wait a minute, the road to the Super Bowl as far as the AFC goes, has been through Tom Brady (and/or Big Ben). On top of that, since Manning has retired, the AFC west has been dominated by the Chiefs. Entering the 2018 season, the Rivers led Chargers are 0-7 against Brady (all-time which includes the playoffs), 0 for their last 8 (now make it 9) against the Chiefs, and they don't typically play well against the Steelers. So the Chargers haven't proven they can win big games against any of these teams. And even though they finished last season strong after starting 0-4, they still lost to all of the true AFC contenders they faced (Pats, Jags and Chiefs) ... and I'm not counting Buffalo because I don't believe the Bills belonged in the playoffs.

My friend said, "dude they got hot last year down the stretch going 9-3 in their last 12 games. Even though they lost to the Chiefs, Jags and Pats during their hot stretch, all of those games were on the road. Just wait until they get one of them at home again." So I waited. Now I know the Chargers were without Bosa and Liuget, but the Chiefs also weren't the same team on paper they were a year ago, and the Chargers once again (like they keep doing in most of these games) came right out and found ways to beat themselves.

The Chargers could have won a lot of those Pats and Chiefs games they lost, but as we all know, sometimes it's the special teams, sometimes it's the oline... sometimes it's miscues & mistakes, sometimes it's the defense, and unfortunately, when it's none of those things, River's hands away the game... but it's ALWAYS something against the AFC's Best (give or take a game or two).

So I wanna be positive (in terms of believing that they are true contenders), but the Chargers are gonna have to give me something to base it on!
                        In my opinion, the Chargers deserve to not be considered true contenders until they actually go out there and prove that they legitimately are... and they definitely don't deserve to be crowned AFC champions when they can't even beat Tom Brady. I have them down as 9-7 with a possible wildcat spot until they come out and prove they can do better. They haven't won a single division title in the 2000's without LT.
                        Last edited by Chargerville; 09-21-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post

With the Chargers, I wanna be positive, I wanna believe... I really do, but I feel like I just can't give them the type of respect I'd give some of the better teams until they go out there and actually earn it... and in my opinion, they haven't earned it.

I live in upstate New York, and I have friends and co-workers who picked the Chargers to be their AFC Super Bowl representative. I've also seen experts on TV picking the Chargers to make, and even win the Super Bowl. I hear this, all the while saying to myself, wait a minute, the road to the Super Bowl as far as the AFC goes, has been through Tom Brady (and/or Big Ben). On top of that, since Manning has retired, the AFC west has been dominated by the Chiefs. Entering the 2018 season, the Rivers led Chargers are 0-7 against Brady (all-time which includes the playoffs), 0 for their last 8 (now make it 9) against the Chiefs, and they don't typically play well against the Steelers. So the Chargers haven't proven they can win big games against any of these teams. And even though they finished last season strong after starting 0-4, they still lost to all of the true AFC contenders they faced (Pats, Jags and Chiefs) ... and I'm not counting Buffalo because I don't believe the Bills belonged in the playoffs.

My friend said, "dude they got hot last year down the stretch going 9-3 in their last 12 games. Even though they lost to the Chiefs, Jags and Pats during their hot stretch, all of those games were on the road. Just wait until they get one of them at home again." So I waited. Now I know the Chargers were without Bosa and Liuget, but the Chiefs also weren't the same team on paper they were a year ago, and the Chargers once again (like they keep doing in most of these games) came right out and found ways to beat themselves.

The Chargers could have won a lot of those Pats and Chiefs games they lost, but as we all know, sometimes it's the special teams, sometimes it's the oline... sometimes it's miscues & mistakes, sometimes it's the defense, and unfortunately, when it's none of those things, River's hands away the game... but it's ALWAYS something against the AFC's Best (give or take a game or two).

So I wanna be positive (in terms of believing that they are true contenders), but the Chargers are gonna have to give me something to base it on!
                          In my opinion, the Chargers deserve to not be considered true contenders until they actually go out there and prove that they legitimately are... and they definitely don't deserve to be crowned AFC champions when they can't even beat Tom Brady. I have them down as 9-7 with a possible wildcat spot until they come out and prove they can do better. They haven't won a single division title in the 2000's without LT.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X