• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Everyone thought the same thing the year with Locker et al etc. etc. I wouldnt draft any of these guys with a top 10 pick this year. I cant give a good draft class grade if none of the top qbs are worth even a top 10 pick IMO. there are some VERY good qb draft classes i would rather wait a year or 2 on instead of reaching for a replacement when we don't really need to given Rivers play.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• chris9341
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

I'm probably a little biased here when it comes to Herbert because he is a duck but I'm telling you he can make throws and put it where the defender can't get it. He is no Marcus Marriota by any means but when he needs to he can scramble. He is big for a QB 6'4 240 but has mobility. IMO as much as I loved watching Marcus Marriota play Herbert has the better arm between the two. Now I'm not saying that herbert is better then Marriota because Mariotta had some good player surrounding him and not to mention he played in the perfect system for him.I do honestly think Herbert will be a top 3 pick when he comes out.

Comment

• 99PROBLEMS
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Chula Vista
        • OG Raider Hater
        • Send PM

Stay Salty.

Comment

• 99PROBLEMS
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Chula Vista
          • OG Raider Hater
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
          I'm probably a little biased here when it comes to Herbert because he is a duck but I'm telling you he can make throws and put it where the defender can't get it. He is no Marcus Marriota by any means but when he needs to he can scramble. He is big for a QB 6'4 240 but has mobility. IMO as much as I loved watching Marcus Marriota play Herbert has the better arm between the two. Now I'm not saying that herbert is better then Marriota because Mariotta had some good player surrounding him and not to mention he played in the perfect system for him.I do honestly think Herbert will be a top 3 pick when he comes out.
          Stay Salty.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
            Superbowl?
            • Sep 2018
            • Los Angeles/Chicago
            • Send PM

But you never know, you might hit it big with a draft (although odds are not doing so) ... heck I thought Trubisky would be trash, I was not high on Mahomes as well, but for every one of those QB's there is a bust, Manziel, Jamarcus, RGIII.

Comment

I think we are at a point where we need to seriously consider drafting a quarterback to develop into Rivers potential successor.

I've always thought the Patriots did things the right way with their backups to Brady. How many have gone on to start for other teams? Cassell, Hoyer, Mallett, Brissett and Garoppolo are the main ones. Some of those players they got picks in exchange for. In our case we aren't going to be trading the youngster unless Rivers plays lights out and want to play into his 40s, but I always felt we should have had a young QB backing up Rivers.

Should we draft someone in next year's draft? I think we should. Not sure who but I'd want someone with the ability to make all the throws, while also having the play making ability on the run. It's one thing Rivers has never offered that dual threat. So I'd be looking for a QB that can offer that dual threat.

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                To start looking for the future QB for the Chargers.

Hear me out, I think Rivers is great (he's in my top 3 Chargers ever), and I think he's playing well. And that he can go on for a few more years (hopefully).

However... most of the poor/poorer teams have QB's that they are sold on for the future.
                Bills-Allen
                Browns-Mayfield
                Cardinals-Rosen
                Jets-Darnold
                Raiders-Carr
                Steelers- Dobbs/Rudolph
                Texans - Watson
                Colts - Luck
                9ers- Jimmy

I just don't see many teams who will be looking for a top QB in the next draft...I'm sure there will be some. The Giants come to mind.

CBS top 4 prospects at QB are: Finley, Lock, Herbert, and Stidham.
                LINK

I haven't watched any of them very much... just wondering what the opinions of the "draft experts" are on these four guys?

I'm thinking probably 3 of them will be there, when the Chargers pick (whether we finish 6-10 or 10-6).

I've seen Stidham a bit, and Herbert (even less). Haven't seen any games with Finley or Lock.

My thought is that, if there is a guy the Front Office likes, and he's there... this is the time to do it. (Lord knows we don't have the answer on our roster)
                Forget Stidham. I'm an Auburn guy and he's been a huge disappointment this year. Poor field vision and inaccurate throws.
                sigpic

Comment

• chris9341
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

I think it's Mariotta. I didn't realize that I spelled Mariotta in my post with two r's. Never mind I just looked up his name on ESPN and they have it with 1 r and 1 t. So it's Mariota.

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

Tua Tagovailoa is also another QB to watch out for incase we don't go QB in 2019. He'll be eligible for the draft in 2020 and has been compared to Russel Wilson. Although I think he looks like a better Jimmy G.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

How is Haskins accuracy?
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charged4Life
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Send PM

I've always thought that QB was the biggest position on the football field. To not have good depth at QB is to be unprepared.. So yes I want to draft Rivers' successor next draft.

Comment

Working...
                          X