• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Herbert and Lock would be considered the top 2 i would think.

Big arms. But one Herbert hasn't played all that much and plays in a gimmick RO offense. Strong arm. Accuracy in the pocket is improving.

Lock has turnover issues. He also only lights up shit Ds. Has underperformed vs every decent D he has faced.

I do not call these guys no brainers. I certainly would not move up to get them with a top qb on the roster.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

LOL...who? listened where? Give me some names pls. who are they projecting is staying? Who are these qbs? They list a top 5? The next 3 drafts will all have stronger qb classes than this season coming. Calling BS on this.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

It is a decent class. Notva "great" class. And herbert may stay because he is inexperienced.

Grier is over rated. Gimmick offense and very good receivers. Plays in a league of no D.

If i was looking QB and i truly hope we wait, i would go Finley. he isnt going top 10. I wouldn't take any of these guys in the top 5.

I prefer to go interior DL and fill a glaring need in a historically strong class.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

It is a decent class. Notva "great" class. And herbert may stay because he is inexperienced.

Grier is over rated. Gimmick offense and very good receivers. Plays in a league of no D.

If i was looking QB and i truly hope we wait, i would go Finley. he isnt going top 10. I wouldn't take any of these guys in the top 5.

I prefer to go interior DL and fill a glaring need in a historically strong class.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Well i sure hope they go in my direction. Time will tell.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Might be no different? Well, DL guys dont just appear out of nowhere too often. This DL class is the best i have seen in a long time, especially the interior line prospects.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

One TD to Green was a TE screen and the one to Ekeler was a pass to the flat so two short passes turned into TDs. Which I'm fine with. Nothing wrong with getting some RAC yards.
                If you look at a plot of where the passes go, 80% were in the backfield or within 5 yards from the LOS. But Rivers did go downfield a lot more in the Raiders game.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Im hoping they draft bottom 4.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

CBS has Finley as #1... most of the other sites have him as 3 or 4.

How about another Wolfpack QB? I'm down with it... I like his completion %, and lack of interceptions...and not playing on a great squad, either.

If we're toward the end of the 1st round... like F21 says... last 4 picks... Finley would be a good option.

I'm NOT saying we HAVE to draft a QB. It's just that, not many teams are going to be looking for them. Pretty sure Herbert will be gone. He's probably the 1st one taken.

But if someone like Finley would fall... I'd be happy with that. And that's my thoughts.
                    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Good because this isn't the year to be using a high pick on one. We got time. You don't see the Saints or Pat's using high picks on a QB the their QBs are at least 4 years older than Rivers. In fact the Patriots had a QB worthy of taking over for Brady and they traded him away.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-09-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Good because this isn't the year to be using a high pick on one. We got time. You don't see the Saints or Pat's using high picks on a QB the their QBs are at least 4 years older than Rivers. In fact the Patriots had a QB worthy of taking over for Brady and they traded him away.
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

And that was 5 years ago. What have they drafted since? Brady is 41. Saints have never drafted a QB high the past 4-5 years. Steelers? Giants? Yeah they drafted QBs, this year in the 3rd round and 4th round and sounds like Ben may retire before Philip.
                          just don't think this is gonna be the year. But the front office obviously has the inside scoop better than we ever will and I'm sure at draft time even if they have no intention will make it sound like we do.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-09-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X