Order of priority, who to extend first, second, third, not at all.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
    It makes sense for him to get paid what he is worth. We get a bit of a discount giving him a new contract before the season. So from what I can gather from this is the sides are at odds as to what he is worth or what that discount should be. It will be interesting to see which side is off the mark. I can say that should Butler play like he did last year and come out of this season without a significant injury he will be a rather hot commodity come free agency.
    Did anyone ever consider that maybe, just maybe, it's BUTLER who doesn't want to sign a long-term deal at this point? Sure it's a significant risk for him if has one of "those" injuries. But his stats in 3 years of playing time include at least 20 missed games. Hardly a person to throw the bank at.

I'm thinking that Butler could be gambling on - yet is quite confident that he CAN have - a monster season in '13. In which case he is CERTAINLY gone. And then he becomes "BUTTler", ex-Charger.

In fact, BUTTler is now the new Meachump to me. Gonna be really hard to cheer for a 1-year rental, drafted and coached up by the Chargers, who goes on to bigger and better things elsewhere. Maybe he'll suffer one of those minor, nagging, not-career threatening injuries that has him missing parts or all of, say, 6 games this year. Then we can re-sign him at a reasonable contract at that time.
    Last edited by QSmokey; 09-04-2013, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

If he leaves its all on TT and I mean this when I say, "irregardless" of any reality know to us or unknown to us!
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
        Did anyone ever consider that maybe, just maybe, it's BUTLER who doesn't want to sign a long-term deal at this point? Sure it's a significant risk for him if has one of "those" injuries. But his stats in 3 years of playing time include at least 20 missed games. Hardly a person to throw the bank at.

I'm thinking that Butler could be gambling on - yet is quite confident that he CAN have - a monster season in '13. In which case he is CERTAINLY gone. And then he becomes "BUTTler", ex-Charger.

In fact, BUTTler is now the new Meachump to me. Gonna be really hard to cheer for a 1-year rental, drafted and coached up by the Chargers, who goes on to bigger and better things elsewhere. Maybe he'll suffer one of those minor, nagging, not-career threatening injuries that has him missing parts or all of, say, 6 games this year. Then we can re-sign him at a reasonable contract at that time.
        ???? Q, one poster guilty of the hasty generalization logical fallacy at a time. Get in line!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Money talks. If they showed enough he'd sign.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            The one constant remains Mcguire
            Who answers to ownership.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

You really are curmudgeonly, ya know that?
              sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                If he leaves its all on TT and I mean this when I say, "irregardless" of any reality know to us or unknown to us!
                TT = Butlerfingers
                sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                  Are you convinced Butler will stay healthy? I don't want the Chargers to be stuck paying somebody who can't play much in a couple years. He's already missed 20 games in three seasons. I could see taking the chance on Butler if he were some kind of superstar when he is healthy enough to play. But he's not. He's just better than everybody else we have right now at linebacker (which isn't saying much.) Plus, I don't like his attitude. Sorry. The dance in the Lions game told me everything I needed to know about his commitment to team success.
                  Like I said, I knew more than Telesco about his own player.

And I know almost nothing.

Telesco sucks.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

In Butlers defense that might have been the only play the Chargers made that was worth celebrating.....one of the crappiest Charger games I've ever sat through in 35 + years, a truly gutless performance
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      In Butlers defense that might have been the only play the Chargers made that was worth celebrating.....one of the crappiest Charger games I've ever sat through in 35 + years, a truly gutless performance
                      Those who celebrate losses are losers. I knew it. Telesco didn't. How come he didn't know? How much does he get paid?

This was less painful, but more stupid than the Gaither signing.

Yes, Gaither had a bad rep. But we were desperate for a left tackle. The previous season, he pretty much saved Philip Rivers's year. And we didn't have any other options for keeping Rivers upright. We took a risk on Gaither and lost.

But, with Butler. Butler was a so-so inside linebacker - not an essential position. There was no reason to keep this dude around.
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2016, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Those who follow losing teams are losers. How come you don't know that?

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Those who follow losing teams are losers. How come you don't know that?
                          Speak for yourself.

Comment

Working...
                          X