• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1993
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wouldn't do that. So ok we trade him. For a CB? Are we weak there?
    Benjamin hasn't played but one game, and he isnt really much when he does play. What if Mike Williams or Keenan go down? Then suddenly our WRs are weak. Bad idea imo. I think a safety and a DT can wait til next year. Why weaken the offense now? We would just need to draft a WR instead or a DT or safety.
    I view us at weak at corner back,verrett is gone, Trevor plays the outside but is a free agent, we need another safety, which if we got a corner we could slide king to fs.
    I mean i love twill, but i doubt our comp pick will be anything higher than a 3rd.
    also if a wr goes down its not like we dont have people waiting. Scott should have been on this active roster. Im just thinking in my head how we can improve this team.

Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

That is what we did last offseason.
        He is UFA this off season. He will get paid.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

With his size, speed and hands, he will get paid. You can make a case that he is underutilized here.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Twill is our new M80

strong miss piggy GIF

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

I view us at weak at corner back,verrett is gone, Trevor plays the outside but is a free agent, we need another safety, which if we got a corner we could slide king to fs.
              I mean i love twill, but i doubt our comp pick will be anything higher than a 3rd.
              also if a wr goes down its not like we dont have people waiting. Scott should have been on this active roster. Im just thinking in my head how we can improve this team.
              Trever is a RFA so he will be back. I don't think King is going to FS so inspite of you thinking they could do that, I don't think they want to. Verrett being gone has no impact on us. He has been gone nearly his whole career.
              There is no Comp pick higher than a 3rd.

Scott is on IR, Davis imo isn't anything to speak of so sorry, there no reason to weaken a possition for Rivers. It just doesn't make any sense to trade Tyrell for something we don't really need right now. Benjamin yes, Tyrell no.

Telesco gave him a second round tender for a reason. They like him and has value to us. Maybe they won't shell out 50 million and I don't blame them but I'd shell out 30 million over 4 years for him. There aren't many WRs in the league with his speed and height.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-16-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• RobH
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Tokyo, Japan
                • University English Lecturer
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

That is what we did last offseason.
                He is UFA this off season. He will get paid.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Trever is a RFA so he will be back. I don't think King is going to FS so inspite of you thinking they could do that, I don't think they want to. Verrett being gone has no impact on us. He has been gone nearly his whole career.

Scott is on IR, Davis imo isn't anything to speak of so sorry, there no reason to weaken a possition for Rivers. It just doesn't make any sense to trade Tyrell for something we don't really need right now.

Telesco gave him a second round tender for a reason. They like him and has value to is. Maybe they won't shell out 50 million and I don't blame them but I'd shell out 30 million over 4 years for him. There aren't many WRs in the league with his speed and height.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• charger1993
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Scott is on IR, Davis imo isn't anything to speak of so sorry, there no reason to weaken a possition for Rivers. It just doesn't make any sense to trade Tyrell for something we don't really need right now.

Telesco gave him a second round tender for a reason. They like him and has value to is. Maybe they won't shell out 50 million and I don't blame them but I'd shell out 30 million over 4 years for him. There aren't many WRs in the league with his speed and height.
                    Trevor isnt a lock to come back, depends on how much someone throws at him, we might not match it,
                    i dont want king at fs, but i would be happy to have more defensive depth, and having king on the field no matter the position is a plus.
                    Like i said I love twill, but i doubt this team will shell out 6 mill a year, for a wr with a limited route tree, and is not consistent. Hes a field stretcher, and i guarantee you the cowboys are gonna throw more at him than we would. Im just being realistic, i dont see us being able to retain him, if you know someone is gonna leave why not try to maximize what you could get for him, instead of getting peanuts.. Thats how im looking at it. Now if i felt like twill woukd resifn even if we offered less money than i wouldnt trade him. But i fully expect him to take the money and run

Comment

• charger1993
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

this^^

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

True but doubt we keep Emmanuel then you have Verrett off the books, Mebane will be off the books, Gates off the books, doubt Barksdale will be back, maybe Addae is gone, Benjamin should be gone....I mean, we aren't keeping everyone either.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X