• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Trevor isnt a lock to come back, depends on how much someone throws at him, we might not match it,
    i dont want king at fs, but i would be happy to have more defensive depth, and having king on the field no matter the position is a plus.
    Like i said I love twill, but i doubt this team will shell out 6 mill a year, for a wr with a limited route tree, and is not consistent. Hes a field stretcher, and i guarantee you the cowboys are gonna throw more at him than we would. Im just being realistic, i dont see us being able to retain him, if you know someone is gonna leave why not try to maximize what you could get for him, instead of getting peanuts.. Thats how im looking at it. Now if i felt like twill woukd resifn even if we offered less money than i wouldnt trade him. But i fully expect him to take the money and run
    Well if we can get a 3rd round comp pick out of it, then that's something. We'll see how it goes. If nobody offers enough to warrant a 3rd round comp pick then maybe we keep him. They did tender him a second round pick and nobody bit, just like I doubt nobody will bite on that for Trever , who MAY or may not get a higher tender.

But I'll tell you one thing, nobody is going to offer a starting safety or starting DT to trade for Tyrell.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-16-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• charger1993
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Well if we can get a 3rd round comp pick out of it, then that's something. We'll see how it goes. If nobody offers enough to warrant a 3rd round comp pick then maybe we keep him. They did tender him a second round pick and nobody bit, just like I doubt nobody will bite on that for Trever , who MAY or may not get a higher tender.

But I'll tell you one thing, nobody is going to offer a starting safety or starting DT to trade for Tyrell.
      Probably not, i 2as just stating that if i could trade him, and someone was offering me a position if need and not luxury id take it.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

There's a lot of teams right now who need receivers, Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Miami, Jets, Carolina, Washington, Dallas. Many/most of those teams have a realistic chance at the playoffs if they get an upgrade in WR ability. I'd rather keep him if we can't get at least a second, and maybe 1-2 low round picks. Starting Safety or DT would be great, but hard to get.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

If we trade him then we will be a team needing a WR that could be playoff bound with him.
          i just wouldn't do it.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

If we trade him then we will be a team needing a WR that could be playoff bound with him.
            i just wouldn't do it.
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

He is playing better now but had bonehead drops early in the season that cost us. He fits well but not irreplaceable. He has good but not great production. Worth a good contract but not very high. Imo

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

i just wouldn't do it.
                I get that, but the best we'd be compensated for him if he goes FA is a low third rd. pick. I'd much prefer a 2nd and/or a decent player.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post

I get that, but the best we'd be compensated for him if he goes FA is a low third rd. pick. I'd much prefer a 2nd and/or a decent player.
                  So? He is with more to us this season than he is not being on the team. Why mess up the offense when we are third in scoring in the league? We don't need a DT this season and nobody is going to trade us a starter anyways for Tyrell.
                  Getting a third round comp pick imo is worth more than trading him this year and possibly having WR issues during the season if somebody gets hurt.
                  Benjamin has already missed every game but one and isn't much worth when he isn't hurt.
                  To me that's just bad logic. And who knows, he may end up staying. Not sure he is going to command a huge contact.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-19-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

There is zero chance we trade Williams in the middle of this season. With TB gimping around, with Allen's injury history and Mike Williams injury history it just makes no sense. I'd rather let TB go after the season and use the money on him but if he is too expensive than transitional tag him and get something.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                      Charger Fan till the end
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Carolina
                      • Send PM

Agreed TW isnt going anywhere this season. I think he will prefer to stay but not sure how financially motivated he will be. This will be his best contract of his career in all likelihood but if we are competitive hopefully he gives us a fair shot. I dont think TW is a top route runner that demsnds double teams...he is a speed guy with decent hands that can go up for the ball pretty well but has had drops that were a problem too.

That said id jettison Benjamin ling before him. Ben is injury prone and doesnt catch with his hands which has plagued him. Id give TW his cap space any day of the week.

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Arlington, TX
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                        Agreed TW isnt going anywhere this season. I think he will prefer to stay but not sure how financially motivated he will be. This will be his best contract of his career in all likelihood but if we are competitive hopefully he gives us a fair shot. I dont think TW is a top route runner that demsnds double teams...he is a speed guy with decent hands that can go up for the ball pretty well but has had drops that were a problem too.

That said I'd jettison Benjamin long before him. Ben is injury prone and doesnt catch with his hands which has plagued him. Id give TW his cap space any day of the week.
                        I totally agree with all of this, especially the last part.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Another long TD today. He has value to us.

Comment

Working...
                          X