• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Not sure why it works on my sitebuilders 9 and not yours.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I have a Android and can not access. Hopefully the game day thread will be unstickied by game time I plan to scock the thread!
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        I have a Android and can not access. Hopefully the game day thread will be unstickied by game time I plan to scock the thread!
        Try this... Subscribe to the GDT so you get notifications of new posts, and access the thread through the notification and keep that through the game. If you still aren't able to get in, let me or any online staff know, and we'll unsticky it. I'll unstick the GDT for now, as it should be near the top anyway, or might just leave it that way if there are no new threads posted.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

I had an outside friend try his Android devices and 9 worked while 7 did not. Dont all Android users upgrade the operating system when they come out? Shouldnt everyone be using Android 9?

Im not familiar with how Android works.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

We need to figure this out. Im not going to get help from VB and my sitebuilder because they cant reproduce this. They are using updated products. So the current answer for this im guessing is to update your Android OS.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              I had an outside friend try his Android devices and 9 worked while 7 did not. Dont all Android users upgrade the operating system when they come out? Shouldnt everyone be using Android 9?

Im not familiar with how Android works.
              The Andorid operating system is improved, as technology is improved. Manufacturers and carriers sometimes keep the OS up to date, but after a while, they just move on to phones and devices that they have current stock, so the older devices get left behind, yet work fine, as long as you don't need the "new features"... planned obsolescence. Ultimately new apps can't run on the old OS, so you can't stay with them forever, got about 5 obsolete android phones, for example, but they still can take pictures, or act as a media player, or even make phone calls through WiFi VOIP.

My Nexus 6, my daily driver, used to be the top of the line, 3 years ago, but Google/Motorola stopped updates at 7.1. last year The phone though is capable of running 9, technology wise, so there are guys who adapt the open source for the new OS for this old, but popular phone. However, I don't expect that everything will work properly, as a 'hobbyist' made the new ROM, but I don't want to pay $500+ for the latest/greatest unlocked phone that is supposed to work with the newest Android version.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

The Andorid operating system is improved, as technology is improved. Manufacturers and carriers sometimes keep the OS up to date, but after a while, they just move on to phones and devices that they have current stock, so the older devices get left behind, yet work fine, as long as you don't need the "new features"... planned obsolescence. Ultimately new apps can't run on the old OS, so you can't stay with them forever, got about 5 obsolete android phones, for example, but they still can take pictures, or act as a media player, or even make phone calls through WiFi VOIP.

My Nexus 6, my daily driver, used to be the top of the line, 3 years ago, but Google/Motorola stopped updates at 7.1. last year The phone though is capable of running 9, technology wise, so there are guys who adapt the open source for the new OS for this old, but popular phone. However, I don't expect that everything will work properly, as a 'hobbyist' made the new ROM, but I don't want to pay $500+ for the latest/greatest unlocked phone that is supposed to work with the newest Android version.
                Ok i thought any Android phone could be upgraded to its latest OS. Thats how apple works i think. I dont know. Im not the most technical guy. This is such a difficult thing to figure out because its a very difficult thing to replicate. My tech support does not have Android 7 devices.

Its just that it was working and then stopped. We did not do anything on the site.

Comment

• charger1993
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Ok i thought any Android phone could be upgraded to its latest OS. Thats how apple works i think. I dont know. Im not the most technical guy. This is such a difficult thing to figure out because its a very difficult thing to replicate. My tech support does not have Android 7 devices.

Its just that it was working and then stopped. We did not do anything on the site.
                  Yeah my lg v20 isnt that old of a ohone. But it stopped upgrading at android 7.0. Its not a real game breaker i dont mind using the work around. If i could i would update the phone. But that entails alot of unnecessary risk or bricking the phone

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Im just bummed because i know others are probably just not speaking up about not being able to click on the stickied threads. I wonder how many will just leave. Its not like we are jamming here with traffic. Every last member matters to me.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Can you guys try using a different theme and see if that works?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

No joy.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Trying with Firefox... works!
                          Didn't with Chrome.
                          Last edited by Bolt-O; 12-24-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X