Time for some heads to roll in Miami.

Link to Ted Wells Report
    www.NFLDolphinsreport.com
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The Report concludes that the
    harassment by Martin’s teammates was a contributing factor in his decision to leave the team, but also finds that
    Martin’s teammates did not intend to drive Martin from the team or cause him lasting emotional injury,” said Mr.
    Wells.

Someone needs to put the text message up to compare vs this finding in the report. "Sniches get Stitches" comments between Pouncey and Incognito would seem to indicate otherwise!

Incognito, Pouncey suggested retaliation in text exchange about Martin
    Mike Florio
    updated 11:14 am. EST Feb. 14, 2014
    That sound you hear in the distance could be the evaporation of any team’s potential interest in Richie Incognito.

While trudging through the 144-page Ted Wells report (here’s a tip — start at the bottom and work your way up), I found at page 133 a significant text-message exchange between Dolphins guard Richie Incognito and Dolphins center Mike Pouncey.

It happened after reports surfaced that Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin was bullied and harassed primarily by Incognito, and after Incognito had reached out to Martin and expressed support for him.

Here’s the exchange, with the profane language sanitized:

Incognito: F–k Jmart That f—t is never back

Pouncey: Bro I said the same thing I can’t even look at him the same he’s a pussy

Incognito: My agent just said if we held mandatory strip club meetings Jmart is f–king ratting on everyone

Pouncey: Lol wow are you serious he is a f–k boy

Pouncey: He’s not welcome back bro I can’t be around that f–king guy

Incognito: F–k that guy if Ur not with [u]s Ur against us

Pouncey: No question bro he’s a coward for snitching

Incognito: Snitches get stiches Blood in blood out F–king guy

Pouncey: He’s dead to me

So while the text messages exchanged between Incognito and Martin — which Incognito admitted to Wells had been promptly leaking to Jeff Darlington of NFL Network — painted one picture about their relationship, the text messages exchanged by and between Incognito and Pouncey show a more troubling truth.

The two men held a grudge against Martin for being a “snitch,” and they discussed (if not planned) to retaliate against him in some way.Which won’t be good for Incognito or Pouncey.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Wow, that's brutal....even for an NFL lockerroom......
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Incognito's a dick. But he obviously didn't have a handle on how his comments were being received by a guy who had emotional issues. The hard part of all this is that I feel pretty certain that this kind of shit goes on in nearly every locker room and I see it on an almost daily basis between guys. It sounds pretty bad. It looks pretty bad. But I don't know how bad it is relative to what goes on all the time other than who it happened to be aimed at in this situation. Not making excuses for Incognito, but I think the issue is bigger than him.

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
          Incognito's a dick. But he obviously didn't have a handle on how his comments were being received by a guy who had emotional issues. The hard part of all this is that I feel pretty certain that this kind of shit goes on in nearly every locker room and I see it on an almost daily basis between guys. It sounds pretty bad. It looks pretty bad. But I don't know how bad it is relative to what goes on all the time other than who it happened to be aimed at in this situation. Not making excuses for Incognito, but I think the issue is bigger than him.
          I agree to a certain extent but I also believe that bullies select their victims..they know who they can push around....I'm sure there are some 190 pound DB's out there that Incognito wouldn't talk shit to because they would break his face by the third word..

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Yubaking
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

The quoted exchange of texts appears to take place after Martin left the team and reported the incident.

The conclusion of the Wells report indicates that Incognito and Pouncey did not intend to drive Martin from the team, which concerns their actions before Martin left the team, not their reaction to Martin already having left the team, which the text exchange between Incognito and Pouncey seems to cover (although it is undated) in what was cited in this thread.

Further, I do not think that it is necessarily inconsistent for a player to try to promote team goals through building up a teammate by being outwardly supportive to that teammate on the one hand, while being frustrated as hell about it and venting to another teammate about the player for "needing" the support as being indicative of the player being a complete and total pussy about the situation.

From what I have read, Incognito is a first rate jackass and possibly a sick, demented f*** to be sure, but Martin really does come off as a selfish candy ass here. He could have manned up in any of a number of ways ranging from talking with Incognito and/or talking with the Dolphins coaches/management to fighting Incognito (which sometimes sends a good message even if the fight is lost). Instead, he did not face his problem and ran away to the detriment of his team.

I see no victims or perpetrators, just badly flawed people all over the place throughout this story.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

There is a victim here... the employee (assistant trainer) being subjected to abuse by the fat boys. The guy obviously put up with the crap, and even let him self become the butt of the jokes because he was in no position to stop it, because it would have cost him his job. No one, in particular those in a position of power or perceived power, has the right to demean anyone in their workplace. With that exception, the rest of this bunch should just be shit-canned as just bad humans.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

One aspect that many people gloss over is that a NFL locker room is a workplace. It needs to start being treated like one. It needs to start at the top with Goodell if they want to stop all this negative publicity that has been coming out. Kinda surprised that even the trainer was taking that type of abuse. That's fucked up.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Time to roll this heads
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Yubaking
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    There is a victim here... the employee (assistant trainer) being subjected to abuse by the fat boys. The guy obviously put up with the crap, and even let him self become the butt of the jokes because he was in no position to stop it, because it would have cost him his job. No one, in particular those in a position of power or perceived power, has the right to demean anyone in their workplace. With that exception, the rest of this bunch should just be shit-canned as just bad humans.
                    Your point about the trainer is well taken. I was referring to the players. I do not agree with Incognito's actions, but it seems like Martin failed to exhaust the potential remedies he had far short of leaving the team.

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                      Your point about the trainer is well taken. I was referring to the players. I do not agree with Incognito's actions, but it seems like Martin failed to exhaust the potential remedies he had far short of leaving the team.
                      I don't think the burden should have fallen on Martin to exhaust the "potential" remedies. This was a hostile work environment.....

and you just cannot state that Incognito was "possibly" a sick demented fuck...and then posit that Martin should have gone to him for a heart to heart about the current situation....

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Yubaking
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        One aspect that many people gloss over is that a NFL locker room is a workplace. It needs to start being treated like one. It needs to start at the top with Goodell if they want to stop all this negative publicity that has been coming out. Kinda surprised that even the trainer was taking that type of abuse. That's fucked up.
                        There are all kinds of different workplaces. I certainly do not expect the same kind of behavior/language in a locker room as I do in a courtroom.

Comment

Working...
                        X