• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
    Idk why you have to act like that.. People point out flaws in the team and u get butt hurt because you know its true. What are you gonna say at ghe end of the season if we lose in the playoffs??? " nah nothing wrong with the team, its the refs, we have no problems, its obvious no one wanted us to win" just keep that same bs attitude u got when we go home early because of the trenches.

Comment

• charger1993
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Im not saying the sky is falling. But still the running backs by average were oicking up 1st downs with ease. Dixon would average a first down on 3 carries. Gus edwards on 2 carries. We cant deny this team has ignored the interior line play for years. We havent had a consistent dt that stuffed the middle since jamal williams. We have to get better in that regard. Defense wins championships, ask peyton manning when he played the seahawks in the super bowl. Until we can keep rivers protected and run the ball effectively and stop the run effectively, were just spinning our tires..

All im saying is it has to be addressed we cant sit here and act like we play shutdown defense. Which alot of people here do. Alot of people want to just blame the refs, no one wants to say we could have done this better. Or we need to fix this position in the off season.

With all the teams im fans of ill call it like it is, for example im from south carolina been a clemsom fan since birth, i was born into it. Im not above acknowledging that the clemson tigers have a secondary issue and if not corrected they wont win the natty.
      Im also a lakers fan im not above acknowledging that the lakers play terrible team defense, and stop the ball to much in the half court game.
      I call what they do right and wrong. Its half the fun, knowing the weaknesses and seeing if your team can overcome it

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Yep, I said earlier that I thought we contained Jackson pretty well asside from the one 27 yard run. Edwards had the one long run, otherwise he averaged 3.7 ypc after.
        The one big play we gave up unfortunately resulted in a TD which was once again, Addae's missed tackle.
        Really need to upgrade Addae next season.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Forget the refs. We got beat.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yep, I said earlier that I thought we contained Jackson pretty well asside from the one 27 yard run. Edwards had the one long run, otherwise he averaged 3.7 ypc after.
            The one big play we gave up unfortunately resulted in a TD which was once again, Addae's missed tackle.
            Really need to upgrade Addae next season.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Im not saying the sky is falling. But still the running backs by average were oicking up 1st downs with ease. Dixon would average a first down on 3 carries. Gus edwards on 2 carries. We cant deny this team has ignored the interior line play for years. We havent had a consistent dt that stuffed the middle since jamal williams. We have to get better in that regard. Defense wins championships, ask peyton manning when he played the seahawks in the super bowl. Until we can keep rivers protected and run the ball effectively and stop the run effectively, were just spinning our tires..

All im saying is it has to be addressed we cant sit here and act like we play shutdown defense. Which alot of people here do. Alot of people want to just blame the refs, no one wants to say we could have done this better. Or we need to fix this position in the off season.

With all the teams im fans of ill call it like it is, for example im from south carolina been a clemsom fan since birth, i was born into it. Im not above acknowledging that the clemson tigers have a secondary issue and if not corrected they wont win the natty.
              Im also a lakers fan im not above acknowledging that the lakers play terrible team defense, and stop the ball to much in the half court game.
              I call what they do right and wrong. Its half the fun, knowing the weaknesses and seeing if your team can overcome it
              NOBODY has said we need to fix this possition next year? Do you not read the posts in here? WTH are you talking about?
              I don't know how how many times I've read we need to upgrade Addae, and I'm been one to say it often. I been reading for months that we need to get better at MLB and DT.
              You are just a broken record about it. No shit we need to address DT in the draft.
              You also thought it was vidal that we sign Hankins,.....who hasn't really helped the Raiders run defense.

I don't think anybody is ignoring anything about what we need, you just aren't reading it or you don't like that some aren't as adament about it as you are. Hec if we don't pick a DT with our first rounder, I think your head might explode.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-23-2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Forget the refs. We got beat.
                The second statement begs to contradict the first.

Comment

• charger1993
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Im not tearinf the team down, im still rooting for them to win it all. But if you cant watch the games and see faults or problems then youre in denial. Every team has them. Theres no sense you cant have a discussion among other fans about what you see. Im not gonna ignore the negatives when theyre blatant. I like rooting for my teams, but i also wnjiy actually paying attention to the problems that exist, and saying can this be fixed, if not how does this team get around the problem with other players, or schemes. Idc if we go out there and chuck the ball for 80 yard tds every play. I wanna see how we did it, did the wr just dominate their cb or did the oline give our qb wnough time to make a perfect throw. I like understanding whats happening. I often go back and watch many of our games play by play to see who missed what, or where we were weak.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Im not tearinf the team down, im still rooting for them to win it all. But if you cant watch the games and see faults or problems then youre in denial. Every team has them. Theres no sense you cant have a discussion among other fans about what you see. Im not gonna ignore the negatives when theyre blatant. I like rooting for my teams, but i also wnjiy actually paying attention to the problems that exist, and saying can this be fixed, if not how does this team get around the problem with other players, or schemes. Idc if we go out there and chuck the ball for 80 yard tds every play. I wanna see how we did it, did the wr just dominate their cb or did the oline give our qb wnough time to make a perfect throw. I like understanding whats happening. I often go back and watch many of our games play by play to see who missed what, or where we were weak.

Comment

• charger1993
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

NOBODY has said we need to fix this possition next year? Do you not read the posts in here? WTH are you talking about?
                      I don't know how how many times I've read we need to upgrade Addae, and I'm been one to say it often. I been reading for months that we need to get better at MLB and DT.
                      You are just a broken record about it. No shit we need to address DT in the draft.
                      You also thought it was vidal that we sign Hankins,.....who hasn't really helped the Raiders run defense.

I don't think anybody is ignoring anything about what we need, you just aren't reading it or you don't like that some aren't as adament about it as you are. Hec if we don't pick a DT with our first rounder, I think your head might explode.
                      I've read many things all year about who we need, and what is a problem, but theres no reason to blame the refs when we have needs. Last night alot of people wanted to say the only reason we lost were bad calls. Thats what losers do, losers blame the refs, losers end up talking about the winners, the winners dont care what lthe losers have to say.
                      i did want Hankins, i also wanted us to take a risk on hurst late in the draft.
                      Im not being over critical but theres blame to go around other than the refs..
                      How many times do you think this team can make up 27 point deficit. All im doing is acknowledging points of weaknesses that have to be addressed. When we had kickers who couldnt make an extra point everyone was cool with casting blame on the kickers. But when we acknowledge the poor line play were bad guys. Im not gonna sit here and argue for no reason. I just think its best to talk about the teams right and wrongs as fans and not point fingers to just the refs, weve been on the other side of those calls this season.
                      we also need an olineman. Who idk, i like greg little but i doubt we see him from where were drafting.
                      Ive made it clear of my concerns, and if yall just want to blame the refs about last night do it. Its not gonna make the team better. You think the team is saying the refs cost us the game? No they're watching tape and looking at what happened.

Comment

• charger1993
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

i look at both, we did alot of things well last night, we contained Lamar pretty good, we for the most part kept them from scoring quick. We were money on field goals and extra points.
                        but i cant say either one of our lines played well laat night, and that affected our whole game. Rivers was sacked 4 times, constantly getting smacked in the miuth. Couldn't run the ball effectively. Last night was ugly. And we did more wrong than we did good.
                        Im still rooting for them, im just being critical of what went wrong. Its important that we can sit back and be objective. Its how u better the team. Granted were fans and cant do shit about it. But it makes everything all the sweeter when free agency happens and the draft happens and the team actually address the positions you could point out. Thats just me tho. Just like when i said i wanted derwin james and hed be there for our pick because of his injury in college. And hes played pretty damn well. We needed him badly.

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Its important that we can sit back and be objective. Its how u better the team. Granted were fans and cant do shit about it.

Comment

Working...
                          X