• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinabolt
    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
    • Feb 2015
    • Send PM

On their long TD that ignited their 4th quarter come back, Hayward actually was trying to play the same way and stay aggressive like he was playing earlier in the game, he was reading Jackson anticipating an attack on the ball, and let his guy run right by pass him.

That's why teams try to stay on the safe side in the 4th. In the 4th quarter, defenders don't have enough legs left to make up ground when got beat. No more make up speed. Defense is gassed. 1 miss play equal long and quick TD for the comeback team.

Defenders always suffer more fatigue than offensive players. They are the ones who have to do the tackling, use their whole body strength to wrest the ball carrier down.
    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

We took care of businesson the road again. We have a much better defense than before going into the playoffs. New England is feisty but they dont have near the D like in the past. Their offense seems streaky and they ended the season on a very flat note. I know they are the Patriots and play well in the playoffs...that said we are a very different team. We can slug it out with anybody.

Comment

• rikardo
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Are the Chargers traveling back to the west coast ot staying east?

Comment

• Vermstyr
          ACEofSPADES11
          • Jun 2013
          • Mass
          • Send PM

It was still a vanilla scheme, that isn't determined by player stamina.

On defense we went from the occasional stunt and rushing more than 4 to just rushing 4 every play. Defensive backs were generally lined up a bit farther back. Offense stopped attacking and lacked any creativity (though they were kind of vanilla the entire game and benefitted from great field position) in order to try to kill the clock rather than be aggressive and score.

Mistakes will happen due to fatigue, but changing the scheme enables the other team to be in the position to take advantage of those mistakes.

I'm just glad we won, but there is always something to be learned and improved upon. I'm actually glad it went down this way so there is a chance that this doesn't happen in the next few games and increases our chances of controlling the game all 4 quarters and winning.

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Good dirty hard fought win. Still not happy with our interior play on both sides of the ball. But jones and philon definitely showed up bigger than they have before. Only person im taking ahead of a dt exclusing huge falls " example, greg little falls to us" is Mack Wilson, other than that give me christian wilkins or jeffery simmons..

O line prospects are hard for me this year. Theres none i love only a few i like.

But we fought a hard game a won. Our oline definitely won its battle in the trenches

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Im not saying the sky is falling. But still the running backs by average were oicking up 1st downs with ease. Dixon would average a first down on 3 carries. Gus edwards on 2 carries. We cant deny this team has ignored the interior line play for years. We havent had a consistent dt that stuffed the middle since jamal williams. We have to get better in that regard. Defense wins championships, ask peyton manning when he played the seahawks in the super bowl. Until we can keep rivers protected and run the ball effectively and stop the run effectively, were just spinning our tires..

All im saying is it has to be addressed we cant sit here and act like we play shutdown defense. Which alot of people here do. Alot of people want to just blame the refs, no one wants to say we could have done this better. Or we need to fix this position in the off season.

With all the teams im fans of ill call it like it is, for example im from south carolina been a clemsom fan since birth, i was born into it. Im not above acknowledging that the clemson tigers have a secondary issue and if not corrected they wont win the natty.
              Im also a lakers fan im not above acknowledging that the lakers play terrible team defense, and stop the ball to much in the half court game.
              I call what they do right and wrong. Its half the fun, knowing the weaknesses and seeing if your team can overcome it
              A unique gimmick offense. We just dominated the fuck out of them and our d line dominated the game. Just as i thought. One trick my little pony O. Secind time around is a whole diffetent ball gane. And game 1 we had a penalty on second or tnird down on our first 8 possessions...maybe 7/8. If u sont think the league tried hard ti nit have the afc go through the soccer stadium u r nieve.

Care to give any credit when warranted or r u going to stick to your popguns? btw we are missing the majority if the middle of our d.

Comment

• vinabolt
                Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                • Feb 2015
                • Send PM

Schemes take into account players condition. Play aggressive schemes when your defenders can't run result in long and quick TD by the comeback team, sometimes no need of any player mistake. All it takes is 1 accurate throw. If it was earlier in the game Hayward would've have enough legs to run Crabtree down.
                Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I was a force on twitter today. You guys keep the mojo up here and ill cover us on twitter.
                  You and me both Fleeter!
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Jwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

At least our father's chargers held on for the win. They never let us just enjoy a victory.
                    Last edited by Jwalk; 01-06-2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

The end wasn't pretty, but there were plays to be made... the dropped 1st down throw by Tyrell Williams.

The Almost Pick, just mistimed jump by Derwin James, and a dropped pick by Michael Davis.

That was a first down run by Gordon. Okung's hold wasn't a hold, but it looked one at game speed I thought it was one, I saw the arm go out, as Melvin was getting outside.

It didn't have to be that close, I'll save my sonspiracy theory stuff for another post.

Great team win. Offense wasn't good, but with the grabbing and holding Baltimore gets away with, it's got to be tough.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
                        Schemes take into account players condition. Play aggressive schemes when your defenders can't run result in long and quick TD by the comeback team, sometimes no need of any player mistake. All it takes is 1 accurate throw. If it was earlier in the game Hayward would've have enough legs to run Crabtree down.
                        Refs do the best they can but sometimes they suck. That was a bad call and they sure miss many calls too. They see the ticky tacky crap and miss the blatant things. Go figure.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Saw something pretty surprising (to me at least). We had 7 sacks and all of them came when we rushed 3 or 4. That is a hell of a job by our defensive line. We also had 10 QB hits.

Comment

Working...
                          X